Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Music Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And so Round 3 is over! Thanks again for participating, everyone. The stage is all set to begin the playoffs on Monday. Here is the last Top 24 for the period of 2010-2014 (four Adele songs!):
    1. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (2012) 74.60%
    2. Fun feat. Janelle Monáe - We Are Young (2011) 74.16%
    3. One Republic - Counting Stars (2013) 71.27%
    4. Adele - Someone Like You (2011) 70.89%
    5. Adele - Rolling in the Deep (2010) 67.65%
    6. Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks (2011) 67.31%
    7. LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It (2011) 66.67%
    8. Lorde - Royals (2013) 66.12%
    9. Eminem - Not Afraid (2010) 63.70%
    10. Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (2014) 63.25%
    11. Adele - Skyfall (2012) 63.10%
    12. Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger (2011) 62.60%
    13. Adele - Set Fire to the Rain (2011) 61.11%
    14. Eminem feat. Rihanna - The Monster (2013) 60.10%
    15. Psy - Gangnam Style (2012) 59.71%
    16. Pharrell Williams - Happy (2014) 57.03%
    17. Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell Williams - Blurred Lines (2013) 54.77%
    18. Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass (2014) 54.55%
    19. Hozier - Take Me to Church (2013) 49.60%
    20. Rihanna - Diamonds (2012) 48.72%
    21. Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts (2010) 47.65%
    22. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound (2011) 47.20%
    23. Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) (2013) 38.03%
    24. Alabama Shakes - Hold On (2012) 32.35%

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the schedule is now up in the first post of this thread. Get ready

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh bliss!!!!!!!!!!!!! bears were so afraid they had missed all the fun!!!
    there's still some left!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome to have you back, Jean!! You're right on time!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Superb! Also it's nice to see such a lot of Adele on the list, love her

Country
    Country Flag

And the playoffs are now underway!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see you posting, Jean!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great to see you posting, Jean!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Who is this Jean guy???
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

bwa ha ha
    it's a werbear flying on the wings of darkness, one two bears come for you, out of the darkest recesses of the past do they come and pounce!

Country
    Country Flag

Just as a heads up, because all polls during the playoffs are one on one face-offs, there will be no more tiebreaker polls going forward. What that means is should a poll close with a tie, the tie will be broken by the stated votes or preferences in the thread, and if that's tied as well, we will need someone who did not vote to cast the deciding vote as a post in the thread.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we could have the artists duel...pistols at dawn?

Country
    Country Flag

Also, here is a quick schedule overview for the rest of the tournament. Since we should not have any delays due to tiebreakers, unless something unforeseen happens, here's how the rest of the event will play out:

Playoffs Round 1: four weekday polls from August 1 to September 7
    Playoffs Round 2: four weekday polls from September 19 to October 26
    Quarterfinals: four weekday polls from November 7 to November 24 (Thanksgiving)
    Semifinals: six weekday polls for the week of December 5-9
    Finals: seven polls each day on December 19 and 20 (polls will run for 12 days instead of the typical 7 due to the holidays)
    Tournament Finals: thirteen polls (1 to 4) each Monday from January 2 to January 30.

And here is the breakdown for that last Tournament Final. At the end of the 14 Finals we will have the top fourteen tracks each representing its five-year time period. These will be ranked from 1 to 14 based on their overall vote percentage acquired throughout the tournament, including the percentage from the preliminarily rounds and the playoffs. They will be seeded using this bracket system. So the top four tracks get promoted to the Quarterfinals, while the bottom ten battle it out through two rounds to take them on. So the final Final will take place on January 30! The winner will be crowned on February 6, 2017! Nearly a year after the tournament started on March 14, 2016.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You've put an impressive amount of work into this tournament. Very impressive.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. It's called OCD

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo always does a good job with tournaments. Props, dude.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

pablo is thorough!!!

I think he should be promoted to a capitol "P"

Country
    Country Flag

Interestingly, nine out of 16 tracks (just over half) in the second playoffs round for 1960-1964 are from '64.

Country
    Country Flag

that's the year I was born

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Pablo guess who I went to see last night? Sadly I think all of his songs have been eliminated from the competition already, but seeing him live gave me even more appreciation for his music. He was amazing! And at 79 was still rocking it

Spoiler:
    Dick Dale
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh wow! I had no idea he was actually still playing shows. That's awesome. I'm still bummed "Miserlou" and "The Wedge" were eliminated so early on. In Dick's honor I present my favorite of his:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

He came around my area maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but we didn't make it so I didn't want to miss him this time because who know how long he'll be able to tour for. Him and his wife have a lot of medical issues I guess. He really did put on an awesome show though. Did a number of covers. He did House of the Rising Sun, Fever, some Johnny Cash and Frank Sinatra. He also told tons of stories, might have talked as much as he actually played I wish he played more of his surf songs, but he ended with Miserlou which is my favorite so I can't complain. If he ever comes nearby you, I'd highly recommend going to see him.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

The last of the polls for the first round of the playoffs have just been posted. So that means in one week Round 1 will be over and Round 2 of the playoffs will begin the following Monday, the 19th!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast