Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King End of Watch Book Tour Dates

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

There's definitely some dedication for a near-100 degree day. My wife and I got here about 1:30 and there were 2-3 dozen in front of us (hard to get a count with people floating in and out). Luckily we are right in front of Quinton's so she was smart enough to get a tab going so we could take turns standing in line and relaxing on their patio with some cold brews.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I'm in line for Iowa event. Many here since 9 am. I got in line at 5 pm. Lots of people!!
    Have fun Mike!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Tippy!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's ahead of me in line. Lucky.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

We got in line at about 5:15 -- that was long enough! It was hot out there.
    Took my daughter and we both ended up with signed books, enjoyable evening

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah.....i was headed to the restaurant next door.

We skipped the line all together and came over after everyone was seated.

They found us two seats next to each other in the center of the room.

When it was over, we got up, and had our books in less than three minutes.

Interestingly, they de-flapped them all, and you didn't have a choice anyhow.

Two signed and two unsigned.

I think all the dt.orgers got at least one book signed.....not sure about gsvec.

No reading tonight. King told stories and took a few audience questions.

He was very energetic for a guy who has been in seven cities in seven days.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    No reading tonight. King told stories and took a few audience questions.

He was very energetic for a guy who has been in seven cities in seven days.

A lot of the same stories, but still a great evening! IOWA was organized, but not militant. two security guards by the stage. no id check at the ticket window. one book per ticket. not one book per person. no hand stamps, book police, etc... family ahead of me had 4 people no books signed. lady next to me 2 tickets 1 book. I had 6 tickets and family members and got 3 books. Theatre held 750 Tickets were sold that evening to several people.

Stories: Carrie Story, person hiding in back seat, bruce springsteen, cook in the window.

new story to me, man dressed for wedding, got a flat tire, offered King $25 to change flat tire, Tabitha watched him do it. she said are you not going to take the money and he said of course he is, that's the only real work I have done in a long time.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

The book store owner said King wanted to come to IOWA as part of his farewell, last hurrah tour. I never heard that any where else.

Talked about Sleeping Beauties, said that the Talisman was due for a third book. Said he is done with a first draft of a book that is scaring him to death. Would not answer my question about a dark tower book!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    The book store owner said King wanted to come to IOWA as part of his farewell, last hurrah tour. I never heard that any where else.

Talked about Sleeping Beauties, said that the Talisman was due for a third book. Said he is done with a first draft of a book that is scaring him to death. Would not answer my question about a dark tower book!
    What did he say about in response to the DT book Glenn?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Glenn asked if there would be another Dark Tower or Talisman book. King answered there had to be a third Talisman book (something he has said for years)....but he did not address the Dark Tower part of the question.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I attended the Louisville event last night! It was held at the Iroquois Amphitheater, part of which is covered and part of which isn't, and my seats were in the open area. Right before King came out, an epic thunderstorm began and we got DRENCHED. But that didn't ruin things a bit. It was a wonderful talk and King seemed in an excellent mood.

To top it all off, I got a signed book!!!! With only 400 available out of nearly 2,400 books, I'd say I got pretty lucky!
    I attended, too, and was also drenched in the open area. I made a choice not to stand in line for hours in the near 100-degree heat. Fortunately, as Erin said, the rain ended before the books were given out, and I, too, was lucky and received a signed copy. That made up for getting drenched.

Hunter

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Sounds good that there is a future novel that's scary and horrible - which means it will be good!

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Anyone know of a video recording of King reading The Music Room?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Anyone know of a video recording of King reading The Music Room?
    I wish I had recorded that. I loved hearing it.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just wish King would've been on for more than an hour - prior tours were longer, so that was a tad disappointing. Great as usual, tho! As others have noted, there were some new stories and some old ones, but it really doesn't matter. We both got signed books, too!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I just wish King would've been on for more than an hour - prior tours were longer, so that was a tad disappointing. Great as usual, tho! As others have noted, there were some new stories and some old ones, but it really doesn't matter. We both got signed books, too!
    How much longer have they been? The only other time I saw King was last year in Bradenton, FL and that lasted an hour. I found his stage time in this year's event far more entertaining.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

When I saw him at the Music Hall in Portsmouth a few years back, I think it was maybe 1:15, give or take, so about the same.

And a Q+A in New York back in 2002 was probably about 45 minutes, maybe an hour.

So yeah, I think we do wish it's a little longer, but an hour's pretty typical for an author event like that.

Oh - and Harvard in 2006(?), also about an hour.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering if they are not giving out books for all tickets purchased, what is happening to the extra copies? I know there was a pile left after NJ and I'm sure there are signed copies left in those piles. This is where I see a problem. I've contacted some of the bookstores after the events and they've given me rude responses that there weren't any leftover.

If someone buys 4 tickets and came alone, they should get 4 books (4 hand stamps or whatever).
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I've contacted some of the bookstores after the events and they've given me rude responses that there weren't any leftover.
    Did you do that for this tour? Or are you referring to Revival?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Just wondering if they are not giving out books for all tickets purchased, what is happening to the extra copies? I know there was a pile left after NJ and I'm sure there are signed copies left in those piles. This is where I see a problem. I've contacted some of the bookstores after the events and they've given me rude responses that there weren't any leftover.

If someone buys 4 tickets and came alone, they should get 4 books (4 hand stamps or whatever).
    I too "wonder" where all the books went. I saw an entire case of books go to the box office (presumably signed) But they appeared to be for workers at the event and SK more than likely signed additional books to cover the staff working the event. They are book sellers and readers and fans as well! I have seen King go out of his way to sign/personalize books and pose for photos with staff at numerous events.

While i do not disagree with you! The rules were clear. 1 ticket per person. 1 person per book. If someone was unable to attend they should get a full refund (with fees). They want full venues and trying to avoid extra tickets being purchased and empty seats.

In Iowa, I had six tickets. 2 family cancelled. I found two people to go in their place. Full seats. My friend had 5 tickets, found 3 people to attend and had two extra tickets. The fact that ALL the books were not signed and they were not concerned about unused tickets turned to his advantage. I was able to pick up all 5 books without even a question or concern. Unlike other events on this tour.

On the KING site, complaints are turning up, which put his staff on high alert and stricter rules/regulations. In truth as Tippy stated before VERY few books are showing up on EBAY. A win for the KIng Camp. The fans are getting the books and keeping them.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed King's story of a "boogie man" in your house or car. Great stuff!

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Because of the stricter rules, I certainly wasn't going to waste money on tickets/and or travel. The way King's people marketed this tour, you definitely got the vibe that they were selling tickets to see him speak, and the book signed/unsigned was just a by product of that. Just going off of photos on Twitter and Instagram, people seemed happy enough so I guess they have done a good job.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How early should I arrive for Tulsa tomorrow? Doors at 6

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    How early should I arrive for Tulsa tomorrow? Doors at 6

Depends on what your goal is! Front row you have to arrive around 9 am. everyone is going to get in, depends on if you want to wait around. Tippy came in the theatre late and still got good seats. Bringing 4 people get there earlier if you want to sit together.

750 people in Iowa, line really started to form around 4 pm

Did you go to witchita revival? I was number 200 at 12pm waiting in the freezing cold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast