Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King End of Watch Book Tour Dates

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    As I understand it, the publisher sends the requisite number of books to each event (all unsigned). Shortly before the event (sometimes only a few hours) King signs the books needed for random distribution (for this tour it looks like ~400 per event). King can sign 400 books in less than 2 hours.
    Ok... Conspiracy theory debunked!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Finishing up a pizza right next door to the event and about 30 minutes to go!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

The event was a GREAT time and King was in great form. Told most of the stories we've all heard but also told some stuff specific to the Ohio crowd. The book handout process was very rigid and you got no say in the book you got. Of the four people in my group THREE got signed books! I had zero expectation of getting one and ended up with three. Very excited.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    The event was a GREAT time and King was in great form. Told most of the stories we've all heard but also told some stuff specific to the Ohio crowd. The book handout process was very rigid and you got no say in the book you got. Of the four people in my group THREE got signed books! I had zero expectation of getting one and ended up with three. Very excited.
    Congrats! How many were in attendance?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome Nick! Glad it was a fun time!

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Congrats! How many were in attendance?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Congratulations, Nick!

My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks bob - you guys will be interested to know King signed an end of watch poster and they auctioned it. It went for 4400!!!

Traveler blackie$ is on a distinguished road

I thought it was interesting tonight when one of the audience questions was which character was he most sad about dying in one of his novels. King said it would have to be Tad in Cujo.

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by blackie$ View Post
    I thought it was interesting tonight when one of the audience questions was which character was he most sad about dying in one of his novels. King said it would have to be Tad in Cujo.
    Welcome to the board!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

He has always stated that he liked the ending of the movie better then his book.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What it's like to be an Australian King fan, hearing all of these US book tour experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHVpJGXZ21o

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blackie$ View Post
    Probably the only twisted MFer here that would say Cujo.

Spoiler:
    Gage for me in PS
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure the best place to put this - but since it was recently published in RS (online) at start of tour - what the heck:

What's the best part of success and the worst part?
    The best part of success is getting paid for what I would probably do for free. I really enjoy the job. I like making shit up. The worst part of the job … this is weird, but I'm going to probably go see the Red Sox play this weekend. These autograph people always show up in front of the hotel and I can't go out and get a sandwich. I can't go out to a movie without brushing these people off. It makes you feel like you’re on stage, when you don't want to be on stage.

The next question he goes off on autograph hounds again and those that do it just to sell on eBay.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...#ixzz4B9agAxUG
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To photos from day 3?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Walking out of the Sewickley event last night, I didn't notice anyone who was disappointed holding an unsigned copy. So here's my conspiracy theory...

There were pictures posted on Facebook of him signing books in the back of the auditorium. Wouldn't he have signed the books before the tour?? Since capacity was 660 and 400 books were signed, either the photo was staged, or he figured what's 260 more? He was also in a great mood throughout his time on stage and talked fondly of the city. So, maybe???
    I got one signed and one unsigned at that event. So there must have been some unsigned copies.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Did King read his Edward Hopper story in Jersey City and Dayton as well?

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King didn't do shit in Jersey City except look at his watch after 10 minutes and repeatedly drop hints that we was ready for the staff to come ask questions. I was VERY disappointed in his showing. I never saw him like that before during the previous 5 shows I've seen.

As far as reading anything, He said "I was going to read from End of Watch, but you are getting a copy, so read it yourself". I was floored.

Overall, he really did not seem like he cared to be there and was much more focused on the "I'm Americas boogeyman and I'm famous" than anything else. I was pretty disappointed

Before the event... (This part is a copy/paste from another post i just made, sorry)

I just got back from a week in NYC that included the event in Jersey City. David, I was looking for you, but didn't see you.

Does anyone know who the gentleman was that died in line and was revived?

Yes. Dead. Then alive again after CPR from a heroic woman in line.

My brother and I dropped our wives off to wait in line while we parked the car. we're walking back 5 minutes later and my wife is on the phone with 911 standing over the man whom was no longer living while another woman administered the CPR.

The man's eyes came back and started moving again and the ambulance was there in less than 2 minutes.

After the show, we asked the EMTs out front and said "He'll be fine"
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gris, it didn't feel that way to me at all. He seemed to be in good spirits and I felt he was joking about everything. I think they were on a tight schedule and the show started late due to the weird check in thing.

I never heard what the emergency was. By the time we decided to get in line, it had been handled but the ambulance was still there.

My parents went to the show tonight in WV. They said they had a great time but no luck with signed books. The bookstore wrapped them all so no peeking, I guess.

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hey Gris, it didn't feel that way to me at all. He seemed to be in good spirits and I felt he was joking about everything. I think they were on a tight schedule and the show started late due to the weird check in thing.

I never heard what the emergency was. By the time we decided to get in line, it had been handled but the ambulance was still there.

My parents went to the show tonight in WV. They said they had a great time but no luck with signed books. The bookstore wrapped them all so no peeking, I guess.

That photo has triggered intrusive thoughts of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The man hours spent to wrap those books, as well as the wasted paper, is ridiculous.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    The man hours spent to wrap those books, as well as the wasted paper, is ridiculous.
    Exactly. Not to mention probable damage caused.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Uh oh...looks like word spread about your eagle eye!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    You beat me to it...what a waste of paper and labor hours.

A quick check of ebay only shows six for sale and ten sold...that is 16 total after four events (1600 books).

We are tracking at about 1% sold on ebay so far.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

RENO!

Looks like early morning for book handoff and then around 1 pm for start of "show". My 1st time at an event, but seems pretty straightforward.

Questions:
    1. Morning signed book part: How early should I get in line before the start time?
    2. Same thing for 1 pm King speaking part: How early? (I feel like people will stay from morning? I guess to be in front row?)
    3. No reason to bring a book, right? He hasn't signed anyone's yet at an event on the tour?

Thanks for any info/advice.
    curt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast