Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Tower Song Project

Traveler Greenlaser will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Inspired

Default Dark Tower Song Project

For several years I've had a song rolling around in my head that takes heavy inspiration from the Dark Tower series, but haven't had the ability to create anything more than a very unpolished concept in Garageband. I've gotten as far as I can on my own, and thought it might be time to ask for outside help. Have a listen, and let me know if you're interested in helping me create a more polished final version! (Don't worry, no spoilers in the song)

Link to the song

A couple thoughts on the current recording:
    -Probably only go through the intro chords once instead of twice
    -0:29 change "dead" to "gone"
    -1:47 the breakdown needs a guitar solo added. Something skilled and soulful without being flashy.
    -2:52 need guitar riffs added. Something to play back and forth with vocals.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is it you singing?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Inspired

It is! I'm definitely looking for someone to do vocals.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so what exactly are you asking for ?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I like the phrasing and melody. Nice work.

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    so what exactly are you asking for ?
    Basically I'd love help taking this song from rough concept to final. My two biggest needs are for live vocals and guitar. Bass and drums are okay automated, but if there's someone with the talent and the interest, I'd love to have those live too. If someone is good at sound mixing, I would take help putting it all together as well. My end-game is just to post it to YouTube (or sound cloud or wherever something like this goes) for people to enjoy.

Oh, and I'll give full credit/recognition/thanks to everyone who contributes. I have no aspirations for this getting big or having any commercial value, I'm just excited to get this song out of my head and into reality.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I can help... but I require payment... Your SOUL!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Inspired

Oh I sold that off a long time ago. I do have some eternal gratitude left over if that works as a substitute.

+ Reply to Thread