Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Movie List

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    What did you think of Inherent Vice, killjoy?
    I liked it, thought it was pretty good. Stoner comedy meets detective noir- what a combination! Although I have to admit I got a bit lost at times. Deserves a rewatch at some point when I can pay closer attention. I haven't seen many PT Anderson flicks, which I plan to remedy this year.
    Start with There Will Be Blood and Magnolia, his two best films.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like an idiot because I still haven't seen Inherent Vice. I was really excited to see it last year. In fact, I showed up at the theater ready to see the film, only for them to tell me it was gone. A mixup on their website.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you'll like it. It's a surreal stoner comedy with just the right amount of noir. Not his best work, but like Tarantino each one of PTA's films unquestionably bear his mark.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you'll like it. It's a surreal stoner comedy with just the right amount of noir. Not his best work, but like Tarantino each one of PTA's films unquestionably bear his mark.
    Yeah, I remember you saying that. I remember reading your review and thinking that it was right up my alley.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked it, thought it was pretty good. Stoner comedy meets detective noir- what a combination! Although I have to admit I got a bit lost at times. Deserves a rewatch at some point when I can pay closer attention. I haven't seen many PT Anderson flicks, which I plan to remedy this year.
    Punch Drunk Love yo. That shit is the mad note!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Big Short ****
    Our Idiot Brother (RW) ****
    Celeste and Jesse Forever (RW) ****
    The Martian ****
    Crimson Peak ****
    Matilda (RW) *****
    Enemy ****
    The Guest ****
    Mad Max (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight Rises (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight (RW) *****
    Batman Begins (RW) ****
    Before Sunrise (RW).*****
    Before Sunset (RW) *****
    Before Midnight (RW) *****
    Brooklyn *****
    Carol ****
    Blue Jasmine (RW) *****
    Dredd ****
    Borat (RW)
    Lars and the Real Girl (RW)*****
    Jurassic World ***
    The Hills Have Eyes [2006](RW)****
    Sicario (RW)****

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

1. Terminator Genisys
    2. The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    3. Tristan & Isolde*
    4. In the Heart of the Sea
    5. Pixels
    6. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
    7. Good Will Hunting*
    8. Stephen King's A Good Marriage
    9. Skyfall
    10. The Forest
    11. The Revenant (we had a double feature Friday)
    12. American Ultra
    13. Mad Max: Fury Road
    14. Labyrinth*
    15. Hit and Run
    16. Taken 3
    17. Zoolander*

*rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen the former, but no the latter. I will def check it out- thanks!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2015 List

1. American Gigolo
    2. Sabotage
    3. Blindsided
    4. Assassins
    5. Witness
    6. Russel Mulcahy's Tale of the Mummy
    7. Flypaper
    8. Trainwreck
    9. V
    10. V: The Final Battle
    11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    12. Stealing Harvard *
    13. An Innocent Man
    14. Curdled
    15. The Forest
    16. Labyrinth *
    17. Flight Of The Phoenix (2004)
    18. Hotel Transylvania 2
    19. Inherent Vice
    20. Sixteen Candles *
    21. Fantastic Four (2015)
    22. City Of God
    23. Bullworth
    24. The Whole Ten Yards
    25. Gambit
    26. We Need To Talk About Kevin
    27. Bottle Rocket
    28. Punch Drunk Love
    29. The One Armed Swordsman
    30. I Love You To Death
    31. Cowboys Vs. Dinosaurs
    32. Requiem For A Dream *

*rewatch

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Master is pretty great too. As for one of his early films, Hard Eight is solid as well. I still haven't seen Boogie Nights.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You've never seen Boogie Nights...? I saw it when it first came out, but I remember thinking it was a good film. I've been meaning to rewatch it at some point. As for my favorites by PTA it would be Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You've never seen Boogie Nights...? I saw it when it first came out, but I remember thinking it was a good film. I've been meaning to rewatch it at some point. As for my favorites by PTA it would be Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love.
    Nope. It's one of those situations where it just never worked out. It's always funny how that happens for certain films. I will find it in my travels and pick it up cheap on DVD.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

or just go down to the video room.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

or just go down to the video room.
    I'll get there, I'll get there. I'm still young.

Then again, my parents used to actually own a video store. We used to have thousands of films at our fingertips and now they're all gone. Sure, they were VHS, but I wish I had them now.

OH! You mean like in the back room?

You never know what the KING is going to ask for.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List

1. Terminator Genisys
    2. The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    3. Tristan & Isolde*
    4. In the Heart of the Sea
    5. Pixels
    6. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
    7. Good Will Hunting*
    8. Stephen King's A Good Marriage
    9. Skyfall
    10. The Forest
    11. The Revenant (we had a double feature Friday)
    12. American Ultra
    13. Mad Max: Fury Road
    14. Labyrinth*
    15. Hit and Run
    16. Taken 3
    17. Zoolander*
    18. Ant Man
    *rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. EL MARIACHI
    2. THE BIG SHORT
    3. HATEFUL EIGHT
    4. INGLORIOUS BASTERDS (RW)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Insidious Chapter 3
    The Revenant
    Blood Diamond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    OH! You mean like in the back room?

You never know what the KING is going to ask for.
    That's awesome! I really hope you have somebody in your family that appreciates this stuff. My Godfather has a collection very similar to yours, except he doesn't display them as nice as you do, they're all in cardboard boxes. He has said before that he's leaving them all to me because I'm the only person that appreciates it.

I can guarantee you that all those hundreds and hundreds of DVDs and VHS tapes will be coming out of those stupid cardboard boxes.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Big Short ****
    Our Idiot Brother (RW) ****
    Celeste and Jesse Forever (RW) ****
    The Martian ****
    Crimson Peak ****
    Matilda (RW) *****
    Enemy ****
    The Guest ****
    Mad Max (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight Rises (RW) *****
    The Dark Knight (RW) *****
    Batman Begins (RW) ****
    Before Sunrise (RW).*****
    Before Sunset (RW) *****
    Before Midnight (RW) *****
    Brooklyn *****
    Carol ****
    Blue Jasmine (RW) *****
    Dredd ****
    Borat (RW)
    Lars and the Real Girl (RW)*****
    Jurassic World ***
    The Hills Have Eyes [2006](RW)****
    Sicario (RW)****
    Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (RW)****
    Calvary *****

Country
    Country Flag

2015 List

1. American Gigolo
    2. Sabotage
    3. Blindsided
    4. Assassins
    5. Witness
    6. Russel Mulcahy's Tale of the Mummy
    7. Flypaper
    8. Trainwreck
    9. V
    10. V: The Final Battle
    11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    12. Stealing Harvard *
    13. An Innocent Man
    14. Curdled
    15. The Forest
    16. Labyrinth *
    17. Flight Of The Phoenix (2004)
    18. Hotel Transylvania 2
    19. Inherent Vice
    20. Sixteen Candles *
    21. Fantastic Four (2015)
    22. City Of God
    23. Bullworth
    24. The Whole Ten Yards
    25. Gambit
    26. We Need To Talk About Kevin
    27. Bottle Rocket
    28. Punch Drunk Love
    29. The One Armed Swordsman
    30. I Love You To Death
    31. Cowboys Vs. Dinosaurs
    32. Requiem For A Dream *
    33. Mississippi Burning
    34. Tomorrowland

*rewatch

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Calvary
    Fucking loved that movie.
    Gleeson da best.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Calvary
    Fucking loved that movie.
    Gleeson da best.
    I've been meaning to see Calvary. I enjoyed John Michael McDonagh and Brendan Gleeson's previous film The Guard. Have you guys seen that? It's pretty good.

Also, his son is working like a mad man this year. Ex Machina, The Revenant, Brooklyn and Star Wars. Damn.

With Quentin Tarantino commentary? SORRY....( TARANTINO IS MISSING FROM THE COMMENTARY )

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, no, I caught this on television. They were playing the trilogy, but I missed most of the others.
    Really? He's listed on the back but isn't actually on there? What a rip-off!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast