Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Fundraiser Benefitting The Haven Foundation

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I put up $100 and I will be donating various items.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Did this thread start in Calvin's Corner or somewhere else and just recently get moved here? I don't recall seeing it before now.
    I moved it here just for you.
    It's a good thing you did too. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
    Just hit the "new post" link once in a while!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Did this thread start in Calvin's Corner or somewhere else and just recently get moved here? I don't recall seeing it before now.
    I moved it here just for you.
    It's a good thing you did too. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
    Just hit the "new post" link once in a while!
    I've done that before, I think. It took me to a bunch of threads I had no interest in.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraising thermometer added. $2,400 raised so far. Thanks to Cemetery Dance for the early kickoff auction items and thanks to the donors!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraising thermometer added. $2,400 raised so far. Thanks to Cemetery Dance for the early kickoff auction items and thanks to the donors!
    $2400 and it's only January 5th. Off to a great start!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    $2400 and it's only January 5th. Off to a great start!
    Very happy, but the last $15.6K is the toughest...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

So if I want to donate a book for auction who do I contact? Is it still Bill?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item them selves and then donates the proceeds.
    In the past we have had good intention donors pay $10 to ship a $20 book, that fetched $20 gross at auction and the net was <$15.
    Before sending a book, please contact ME (Bill is retired).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item them selves and then donates the proceeds.
    In the past we have had good intention donors pay $10 to ship a $20 book, that fetched $20 gross at auction and the net was <$15.
    Unless you have a book you think would be a good candidate for a remarque. Otherwise, El Jefe is your man!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item and then donates the proceeds.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$18,000 is certainly a lofty goal, but I know that we've got a couple of really cool projects coming down the pipes. I can't wait to see the finished design.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item and then donates the proceeds.
    In the case of a personal sale rather than sending the book to you would the seller need to contact you before hand to allow the HF/TDT description in the auction? Just making sure everything is clear for all parties involved.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If a member auctions something they can feel free to mention the proceeds are going to TheDarkTower.org 2016 Haven Foundation Fundraiser. The member should post the auction link in this thread for attention.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RF, I have decided to do this as we discussed. I NEVER win anything so as my elation at the prize of the Jae Lee finally wore off... I decided to sell it (ONLY cause I have a Lee original already and its amazing....). Why? Because of my good fortune Also to save on shipping costs for all parties the VERY generous AKC has offered to list said artwork on Ebay. I cannot speak as to when it will be listed but it will be listed today or tomorrow and a link will be provided. I am donating 25% of whatever amount the auction brings in (after fees) and there will be NO RESERVE. We have this valued at $400+ so be interesting to see how it does. Link coming.. thanks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! Thanks.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I put up $100 and I will be donating various items.

You're a superhero in my book!!!! LOL Many thanks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

does anyone know how much was raised during the 2010 fundraiser?

I see on the home page that the amounts are given for 2011,2012,1013,2014
    but not for 2010.

2015 also does not have a total listed on the home page....
    but I know it was 17,000

not counting 2010... looks like so far over the years the site has raised $48,076.19 (over 50 grand I'm sure with 2010's) - that's not chump change.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW... I plan on donating my organs to the highest bidder... ok, actually just my "Organ".... and only for a night or two.... but hey, depends on who wins and how much is paid.

Seriously, we got Bill to quit smoking last year (CONGRADS!!!!) ... maybe this year we can get Jerome to give up beer <=(a safe bet on my part, it'll never happen)
    <= looking for a bonus supplemental cause to take on.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    does anyone know how much was raised during the 2010 fundraiser?

I see on the home page that the amounts are given for 2011,2012,1013,2014
    but not for 2010.

2015 also does not have a total listed on the home page....
    but I know it was 17,000

not counting 2010... looks like so far over the years the site has raised $48,076.19 (over 50 grand I'm sure with 2010's) - that's not chump change.

Year
    Total

$ 3,307.00

$ 6,115.00

$ 5,246.00

$ 7,706.00

$ 11,310.00

$ 12,066.00

$ 13,900.19

$17,108

Looks like over $77K

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

gonna have to have a group party when we go over 100 grand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    RF, I have decided to do this as we discussed. I NEVER win anything so as my elation at the prize of the Jae Lee finally wore off... I decided to sell it (ONLY cause I have a Lee original already and its amazing....). Why? Because of my good fortune Also to save on shipping costs for all parties the VERY generous AKC has offered to list said artwork on Ebay. I cannot speak as to when it will be listed but it will be listed today or tomorrow and a link will be provided. I am donating 25% of whatever amount the auction brings in (after fees) and there will be NO RESERVE. We have this valued at $400+ so be interesting to see how it does. Link coming.. thanks
    A member here wanted the artwork. We came to an agreement I will be sending a nice little donation soooooon kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Unless you have a book you think would be a good candidate for a remarque. Otherwise, El Jefe is your man!!!
    I have an extra slipcased copy of Faithful I'll donate for remarque!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I have an extra slipcased copy of Faithful I'll donate for remarque!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Donated $100. All the best for this worthy cause.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2016 Fundraiser donations-Grand Prize-Help needed

At the top of every page should be a donation button.
    I haven't "pimped" this as quite frankly I'm a bit burnt out on fundraising.
    Probably a temporary funk, but nonetheless; as things stand now between the direct PP donations and a few auction items, we have less than 25 people eligible for the Grand Prize.
    There are less than 125 total total entries.

If you guys/gals don't want to win, continue to stay away. The 25 people that have donated are looking at incredibly good odds for such a prize.

$10 gets one entry, $100 gets the max 10 entries.
    Go back through the last few years and look at the Grand Prizes.
    A personalized book from King to you.
    Members here spend thousands (uh....uh.... Glenn can I get a hallelujah) to get a book signed from King, and they usually get 9 seconds in front of King for a flatsigned book.

This book will be personalized to YOU.

Please look under the sofa cushion for a $10 bill and send it in now.
    Jesus will love you, and I might even like you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast