Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Fundraiser Benefitting The Haven Foundation

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2016 Fundraiser Benefitting The Haven Foundation

The 2016 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation kicks off January 1st and will run through May 19, 2016.
    Last year we raised $17,000! Our goal this year is $18,000.

From Stephen King:
    "In the summer of 1999, I was struck by a careless driver and nearly killed while taking my daily walk. It was ten months before I was able to work productively again. Some years later, a good friend of mine, audio reader Frank Muller, suffered terrible head injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident. He never worked again. My luck was infinitely better than Muller’s, but the two events set me thinking about the uniquely perilous situation of many freelance artists. The majority of mid-list writers, audio readers, and freelancers in the book and publishing industry have little or no financial cushion in the event of a sudden catastrophic accident such as that suffered by Muller and myself. Many aren’t affiliated with any professional associations or guilds that can help them in the event of such reversals. Even those who are affiliated with organizations such as The Authors’ Guild cannot look for much beyond token help over a short period of time.
    My response to this has been the creation of The Haven Foundation. Its goals will be threefold:
    First, to establish a compassionate and committed group of board members willing to sift through cases and identify those where the need seems to be the greatest. These “greatest need” cases would be freelance members of the fine arts community – who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident. We will also focus on freelancers who lost their homes and work spaces (with freelancers these are often the same) as a result of natural disasters or other catastrophic events.
    Second, to help a number of these individuals each year, based on need.
    Third, to establish cut-off points for such help. As I have discovered, the decision to cut off aid is an agonizing one, and best made by a group rather than by an individual. I have come to believe, however, that it must be made if help is to be rendered to the many rather than the few.
    Stephen King"

At the top of every page is a donation widget. Keep in mind that $10 gets you an entry for the grand prize. $100 total gets the max 10 entries.
    Last year there were less than 120 unique donors and less than 500 total entries.
    Pretty good odds considering the prizes.

We are streamlining this year’s event to make it easier to manage and hopefully increase the donation total.
    Several book dealers have already committed to donating things that will either be used as giveaways, or auctioned off-we are hoping for more once this official announcement is posted.

100% of the net proceeds from all cash, check, Paypal gift donations and Ebay auctions will be forwarded to The Haven Foundation. (Ebay ad insertion, commission, shipping fees and shipping materials are the expenses that will be paid from the Gross proceeds).

Every person who donates $10 or more, or donates an item used for auction or giveaway (donors need to contact me in advance before sending potential items) will receive one entry into our giveaway*-maximum 10 entries per donor. Items for the giveaway have yet to be finalized, but rest assured they will be really exciting and cool! Please use the donation "widget" that is atop each forum page.

Stephen King has kindly agreed to personalize one of his books to our Grand Prize Winner!**

Personal Paypal donations must be noted as a “Gift” so that Paypal does not take a commission.
    The Paypal address is Crownandcola@aol.com
    (Name is Dolores, don't freak out)

Checks must be made out to Jerome Smith (Please don’t make them out to The Haven Foundation as I will have to forward them and they won’t count towards our fund-raising total) and mailed to:

The Haven Foundation Fundraiser
    C/O Jerome Smith
    PM me for address

Last years Grand Prize winner received an inscribed First Edition Trade Hardback of "Finders Keepers":

* Small print here:
    Drawing Clarification

** Actual title to be determined by TheDarkTower.org

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The widget still say "Keep the site ad free."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Where do you see that. I see (on my phone) just Thanks! And then a pp donation button?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Where do you see that. I see (on my phone) just Thanks! And then a pp donation button?
    That's what I see too. Just the"Thanks!" and then the PP donation button underneath....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After clicking the Donate button the PayPal page says TheDarkTower.org Ad Free.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. I'll work on the note section.
    Rest assured that any donations from 1/1/2016 forward to 5/19/2016 will go to the Haven Foundation Fundraiser. It's the same PP address.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe I fixed it.
    Not to throw someone under the bus, but
    Spoiler:
    Bill jumped the gun with an announcement. I wasn't going to kick the Fundraiser off until Sunday 1/3/2016

Country
    Country Flag

I believe I fixed it.
    Not to throw someone under the bus, but
    Spoiler:
    Bill jumped the gun with an announcement. I wasn't going to kick the Fundraiser off until Sunday 1/3/2016
    Yes you did.

Spoiler:
    Bill has been under the bus so much I thought he was a bus mechanic!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Calvin's Corner inhabitants...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Did this thread start in Calvin's Corner or somewhere else and just recently get moved here? I don't recall seeing it before now.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Did this thread start in Calvin's Corner or somewhere else and just recently get moved here? I don't recall seeing it before now.
    I moved it here just for you.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good thing you did too. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a good thing you did too. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
    Bob, you swing a big
    Spoiler:
    hammer...as you well know
    . It's all about you. Maybe now that you are retired you will accept that admin position that was offered to you a while back. Calvin's Corner only, wouldn't want you looking anywhere else.

<----------Resists urge to use emogie as Bob is pretty sharp and should "get it".

Has the salary increased any since the last time we discussed that admin position?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Has the salary increased any since the last time we discussed that admin position?
    Yes.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you in advance to Jerome who, once again, is about to take on a lot of extra work.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, donation made. Where's the fundraiser thermometer?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Coming soon.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Coming soon.
    No worries. Just giving you a hard time.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck with the fundraiser! I've contributed, and am very my much looking forward to the auctions starting
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Best of luck with the fundraiser! I've contributed, and am very my much looking forward to the auctions starting
    An auction starts today/tonight.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RF, any rough idea of how many auctions you will be putting up?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Last year we had over 60 auctions. Currently we are way behind procuring items, but we were fortunate that CD donated the 'Salem's Lot proofs. Although auctioned in late 2015 they count towards 2016.
    As far as tonight, just one item will go up. Something cool, but modest.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Last year we had over 60 auctions. Currently we are way behind procuring items, but we were fortunate that CD donated the 'Salem's Lot proofs. Although auctioned in late 2015 they count towards 2016.
    As far as tonight, just one item will go up. Something cool, but modest.
    I'm still working on it, El Jefe!!!! I've got some things in the works!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast