Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What's stupid about that box is that it would have arrived fine if they had used 2-3 of the stupid t-shirts. I mean, if that's what they're going to do, then go all in! A few of them would have successfully protected the book, odd or not.

My missing package was delivered - so panic averted on my end (at least pending getting positive feedback).

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    What's stupid about that box is that it would have arrived fine if they had used 2-3 of the stupid t-shirts. I mean, if that's what they're going to do, then go all in! A few of them would have successfully protected the book, odd or not.

My missing package was delivered - so panic averted on my end (at least pending getting positive feedback).
    I agree, sort of. But honestly, if someone is going to give you $500-$1000 (or even more!) for a book, the least you can do is spend $10-$20 on packing materials to send it to them.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

I agree, sort of. But honestly, if someone is going to give you $500-$1000 (or even more!) for a book, the least you can do is spend $10-$20 on packing materials to send it to them.
    Those Coca-Cola shirts were pretty popular back in the day, would have gone for way more than $20!

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

Those Coca-Cola shirts were pretty popular back in the day, would have gone for way more than $20!
    It DEFINITELY looks like it's from "back in the day"!!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This really isn't about poor packing, but something funny happening with shipping.

I bought a Pet Sematary from a lady in New York. It has gone from New York, to New Jersey, to Maryland, to Virginia, back to Maryland, and now back to New Jersey. We think it's heading back to the seller.

She has been so funny about it......she just sent me a message that said......"well, I did sort of bury it in the box....do you think it's coming back?"

I guess......"Sometimes They Come Back".
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Post Office works in strange and mysterious ways.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just had to send this message to an eBay seller....

Received the book today. Poorly packaged and lots of wear for a book described in the listing as "like new" and "perfect". The binding is loose and the spine ends are badly crushed on the book and the dust jacket. I'm not one to leave negative feedback, so I just won't leave any at all. In the future, collectible hardcover books should never be sent in nothing but a bubble mailer.

Andy

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There was no option to return the book?

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was the only bidder and got it for $3.99 plus shipping. I would send it back, but I'm going to a signing with the author, Rick Yancey in a few weeks. It's going to be inscribed to me, so I guess I can deal with the condition as I'm never going to sell it... Just frustrating.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    I was the only bidder and got it for $3.99 plus shipping. I would send it back, but I'm going to a signing with the author, Rick Yancey in a few weeks. It's going to be inscribed to me, so I guess I can deal with the condition as I'm never going to sell it... Just frustrating.
    There is a CBA frustration benefit analysis.
    Perhaps it's just me, but unless the $3.99 was for a rare find (steal), I'd return it; if the seller would pay shipping. Otherwise, I'd eat $4 and provide negative feedback. Then I'd donate the book to a local library.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    There is a CBA frustration benefit analysis.
    Perhaps it's just me, but unless the $3.99 was for a rare find (steal), I'd return it; if the seller would pay shipping. Otherwise, I'd eat $4 and provide negative feedback. Then I'd donate the book to a local library.
    The gas, time, and effort required to drive a $4 book down and wait in my local Post Office line -- and there's always a line -- always precludes me from returning cheap books if they don't live up to their description. Fortunately, that rarely happens, and in the instances it has the seller also recognizes the hassle of returning a sub-$10 book and usually just refunds the entire purchase price and shipping. Guess I've been lucky in that regard.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got in a terrific packing job with a horrible USPS handling job today. Here's what the box looked like when it arrived:

The label was barely attached, but somehow it made it. And thanks to the packing job, it made it in one piece. Damn post office!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit Dez. Looks like you have the same luck I do with packages.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That package looks like it came via The Mangler!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a "bad packaging" job so much as terrible handling, but wow!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Dang! It looks like the PO actually taped it together too after it fell apart. Hope the book inside survive undamaged
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just running across this but awhile back I had a Canadian seller via ABE send me a book completely wrapped in dish towels! LOL. Brand new dish towels as they still had the price tag attached. It was well packaged, I washed the towels, and placed them in the kitchen drawer
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Got in a terrific packing job with a horrible USPS handling job today. The label was barely attached, but somehow it made it. And thanks to the packing job, it made it in one piece. Damn post office!
    Damn, Dez!! Do you have the PO from Hell in SC?! Not too long ago, didn't you receive some slipcases from Jeff that were banged up?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Got in a terrific packing job with a horrible USPS handling job today. The label was barely attached, but somehow it made it. And thanks to the packing job, it made it in one piece. Damn post office!
    Damn, Dez!! Do you have the PO from Hell in SC?! Not too long ago, didn't you receive some slipcases from Jeff that were banged up?
    Yes I did. Jeff was great, but I was totally annoyed. And yes, I do believe I have the post office from hell!

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I did. Jeff was great, but I was totally annoyed. And yes, I do believe I have the post office from hell!
    Note to all shippers to Dez: Triple wrap everything in bubble wrap and triple box it as well!

Country
    Country Flag

Note to all shippers to Dez: Triple wrap everything in bubble wrap and triple box it as well!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought a copy of Under the Dome, which was advertised as 'like new,' and the seller shipped it in what amounted to a paper bag. The book did have a single layer of bubble wrap around it though, so you know, that big heavy book arrived in pristine condition. Oh no wait, I mean it showed up with all the corners bumped to shit and every millimeter of dust jacket edge all fucked up. How silly of me.

Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one of the worst... really!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Idiots.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unbelievable!
    P2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast