Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Even if you print your own postage, you have to go to the Post Office (or arrange a pickup). I labeled a Medial Mail box and dropped it off at the post office on 7/23/2020. The book has yet to be scanned, so as far as the USPS is concerned, I just printed the label. Book was worth $750.

In order to get proof you dropped off a valuable package, you have to wait in line and get a receipt. I have never tried having a package(s) picked up, so I have no idea if you get a receipt.
    If you arrange to have it picked up you can demand they scan it in front of you.
    This year I have been scheduling USPS pick ups and you have to tell them where the package(s) will be and "Knock on Door/Ring Doorbell" is one of the options. I leave mine by the front door and so far no issues. They picked up ten package son Monday and all ten were scanned in by Wednesday. No physical receipt is left by the carrier but a notice os pick up completion is sent by email. It contains no data such as the tracking numbers of what was picked up, just the count.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I scheduled my first USPS pick-up recently. It was hot as hell on the day of and it was a 4000 dollar book, so I didn't leave it out by our garage to bake in the sun for hours while waiting for the mailman to pick it up (or for anybody to come along and steal it), and man did the mailman give my wife some attitude when he had to ring our doorbell to get the package. He was pissed that I didn't leave it by the garage. And the sad thing is that I can't give him shit for it unless I want to 1) move or 2) have all of my packages and mail treated even shittier than USPS already treats it by a grudge-having postal worker.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if you print your own postage, you have to go to the Post Office (or arrange a pickup). I labeled a Medial Mail box and dropped it off at the post office on 7/23/2020. The book has yet to be scanned, so as far as the USPS is concerned, I just printed the label. Book was worth $750.

In order to get proof you dropped off a valuable package, you have to wait in line and get a receipt. I have never tried having a package(s) picked up, so I have no idea if you get a receipt.
    If you arrange to have it picked up you can demand they scan it in front of you.
    But do you get a printed receipt?
    Do you need one?

Once it is scanned....it is in the system.

I usually print my postage through Paypal...and then hand the box to my postman...as he is usually pretty easy to find in my neighborhood.

He immediately scans it and I can track it immediately.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

But do you get a printed receipt?
    No, not when the driver comes to pick it up. It shows almost instantly in the system when they scan, as it does when they scan a delivered package.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing as how a $750 book that I personally dropped off is MIA, I am now going to get a receipt for anything ~$250 or more.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I scheduled my first USPS pick-up recently. It was hot as hell on the day of and it was a 4000 dollar book, so I didn't leave it out by our garage to bake in the sun for hours while waiting for the mailman to pick it up (or for anybody to come along and steal it), and man did the mailman give my wife some attitude when he had to ring our doorbell to get the package. He was pissed that I didn't leave it by the garage. And the sad thing is that I can't give him shit for it unless I want to 1) move or 2) have all of my packages and mail treated even shittier than USPS already treats it by a grudge-having postal worker.
    Never piss off: The person cooking your food, the person handling your medical records (Want extra shots you already got???) or the person that handles your mail.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Request package pick up. Leave it where ever they will find it or ask them to knock on door for personal handover. That is one of their menu options. They then e-mail confirmation it was picked up.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing as how a $750 book that I personally dropped off is MIA, I am now going to get a receipt for anything ~$250 or more.
    Sucks it has to be that way! After what Rusty went through, wondering if his packages were lost, I'm insuring every package over $50. The peace of mind is well worth any amount of insurance cost. Even if the book is lost for good or trashed, the buyer is getting reiumbursed. I would have been out $1,800 had it gotten lost because I chose not to insure it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So right now I have 3 packages out in the nether world of the postal service. A $750 book that I dropped off 7/23 and it has yet to be scanned. A package with custom endpapers that took over 10 days to get to me via UPS, which I subsequently mailed 3 day priority mail on 7/29 and shows as delayed in transit. Another package of custom endpapers mailed from the East Coast wholesaler via Priority Mail on 7/28 that also shows as delayed in transit.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably wise.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mailed off a book to a member here today and the lady at the PO argued with me that it was too light to be media. It weighted in at 1 lb 14.70 oz. Told her she was more than welcome to open it and inspect it right in front of me. She rudely declined but I'm pretty sure it will happen. Perhaps I should have been more insistent that she inspect it right then and there.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Never piss off: The person cooking your food, the person handling your medical records (Want extra shots you already got???) or the person that handles your mail.
    Not only that, I make sure the garbage man is happy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Mailed off a book to a member here today and the lady at the PO argued with me that it was too light to be media. It weighted in at 1 lb 14.70 oz. Told her she was more than welcome to open it and inspect it right in front of me. She rudely declined but I'm pretty sure it will happen. Perhaps I should have been more insistent that she inspect it right then and there.
    I suppose she never heard about a paperback.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I suppose she never heard about a paperback.
    Nor a CD, DVD, etc.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my packages has moved. It's in Texas ~200 miles from its destination.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's like tracking animals in the wild - sit back and ooh and ahh at the migratory patterns.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine has now gone Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Denver, Minneapolis, St Paul, Denver, N/A (yes, tracking actually shows N/A), and mysteriously departed Denver two days ago with no further updates. I'm betting it either goes back to Minneapolis or Greensboro, making it to Colorado Springs doesn't seem to be in the cards.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Something may get done. USPS overhaul

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My packages with the endpapers finally arrived. Still no word of the missing book.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived Saturday as well, no worse for the wear of the extended trip.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Mine's still in L.A. Perhaps living at the airport, like in that Hanks film.

Country
    Country Flag

August 10, 2020, 6:14 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
    LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item departed our LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on August 10, 2020 at 6:14 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

July 24, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility

July 20, 2020, 6:52 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 20, 2020, 5:37 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90003

July 16, 2020, 12:27 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90003

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Two pieces of cardboard with the book sandwiched between then taped. Maybe they weren't happy I won Charlie The Choo-Choo for $18.50 and it was free shipping.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Two pieces of cardboard with the book sandwiched between then taped. Maybe they weren't happy I won Charlie The Choo-Choo for $18.50 and it was free shipping.
    That actually isn't too bad as long as the book wasn't taped. Did it come through okay?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    That actually isn't too bad as long as the book wasn't taped. Did it come through okay?
    Yeah luckily the book didn't slide into the tape and stick to it. It's a minor annoyance on a cheap purchase and just something I would never do.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast