Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Id be inclined to give negative feedback if possible, at the least neutral, mentioning lousy packaging for a high value item, that was lucky to escape without damage.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I paid $743 for the gift edition of IT off ebay and this is how it arrived today. I'm almost afraid to open it and see what it looks like...
    The stamp “Opened For Inspection by USPS” is usually a death sentence for books. They inspected for media mail due to the weight probably and then did a very shitty job repacking. Although it does not look like it may have been packed too well to start with.
    I didn't even notice that the first time. It definitely looks like it's been ripped open and they just haphazardly taped it back shut.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief once I looked it over and didn't see any damage.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear it came through unscathed!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Id be inclined to give negative feedback if possible, at the least neutral, mentioning lousy packaging for a high value item, that was lucky to escape without damage.
    I'm seriously thinking about it. He has other high value books listed right now as well.

The next person that buys from him might not be so lucky.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Copy and paste the following and save it in WORD or a Draft Email:

Please ship in a sturdy cardboard box big enough to allow for at least two inches of padding (foam peanuts, bubblewrap, etc) on all sides of the book. Please pack tightly so book can't move at all once box is sealed. Condition is very important to me. Feedback will be left upon receipt. Thank you.

You put that in the ADD MESSGE TO SELLER box that you are offered when paying for an ebay item.

Then you hit CONTACT MEMBER and send them a note saying:

Payment is sent! Please ship in a sturdy cardboard box big enough to allow for at least two inches of padding (foam peanuts, bubblewrap, etc) on all sides of the book. Please pack tightly so book can't move at all once box is sealed. Please do not ship in a padded envelope or just wrapped in brown paper. Condition is very important to me. Feedback will be left upon receipt. Thank you.

The first note is shorter because there is only so much allowable space in the email that ebay/paypal sends to the seller to notify them of a payment. Add any more and it will be cut off.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I once got neutral feedback grom tippy4 because I spelled his last name incorrectly.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently bought the gift edition of Sleeping Beauties from tippy and it was pretty much the Fort Knox of packing jobs. I was impressed.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I recently bought the gift edition of Sleeping Beauties from tippy and it was pretty much the Fort Knox of packing jobs. I was impressed.
    He has a tutorial on that as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I once got neutral feedback grom tippy4 because I spelled his last name incorrectly.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    He had it coming.......given the similarities between our last names.....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A non-update update on my low-stakes ($17) shipping issue (shipped on/around June 10): no change, USPS still shows that the label has been created but they're still awaiting the package itself.

I dedicate this to my copy of Imajica, wherever you are...

Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

More of a shipping company problem, but UPS is terrible of late.
    I'm waiting on some specialty endpapers.
    UPS tracking first says Tuesday, then changes to Thursday, then to Friday.
    Now it gives no day, just that it's in Oakland, which is where packages go to die.
    Kid you not, google UPS Oakland problems.

As of this morning, no update on any new delivery day or time.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

More of a shipping company problem, but UPS is terrible of late.
    I'm waiting on some specialty endpapers.
    UPS tracking first says Tuesday, then changes to Thursday, then to Friday.
    Now it gives no day, just that it's in Oakland, which is where packages go to die.
    Kid you not, google UPS Oakland problems.

As of this morning, no update on any new delivery day or time.
    Sounds like it's universal. USPS has been dropping the ball on deliveries to the San Diego area with similar issues.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My package has been sitting in Oakland for 4+ days. Sigh....

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered two DJ's at two different times within the last month from DMG and they sat in NH for three days. Those are sent 2-Day priority. These shipping companies are under staffed and overworked. I feel bad for the actual drivers. Some are doing 12 hour days on reduced wages because they're subs.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    I ordered two DJ's at two different times within the last month from DMG and they sat in NH for three days. Those are sent 2-Day priority. These shipping companies are under staffed and overworked. I feel bad for the actual drivers. Some are doing 12 hour days on reduced wages because they're subs.
    My son works for UPS and he says they are experiencing Christmas like levels of shipping due to Covid. Online shopping is blowing up. The sub's wages aren't reduced, it's just a lower rate because they are part time. It still isn't a bad wage for a young person without a lot of financial responsibility.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone ever had a package they were shipping via media mail opened and inspected in front of them at the post office?
    Shipped a book today, requested media mail, told it's one book that's it nothing else. Lady said OK, then she said Oh...it's telling me you have been randomly selected to have your package opened and inspected in front of you. So she cut it open, took out all the packing, unwrapped it from its bubble wrap and said...Looks like a book. I told her to please wrap it back it up just as it was so it isn't damaged. I did stand there and make sure it was packed back properly and the box taped back securely.
    Kind of annoying though...I take the time to wrap it up and tape the box and they just go cutting it open and pulling it apart.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I use shipping software to generate my shipping labels. It works great, and REALLY saves time om international shipping. I can schedule a pickup, but I usually just drop the boxes off via the parcel bin at the local office-No waiting in line!

Never had a Media Mail opened. But I don't really cheat; unless you call putting a cheap PB in a desirable slipcase to save money.

Country
    Country Flag

I have a USPS account but cannot opt for media mail. It's either 1st class or higher. FWIW, I'm going to stop using media mail. The swap tippy4 and I did turned out perfect using repurposed boxes at priority rates, without the concern of it being opened or thrown to the side and overlooked. As overloaded as USPS is, media mail has become more of a pain than the savings is worth.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My son works for UPS and he says they are experiencing Christmas like levels of shipping due to Covid. Online shopping is blowing up. The sub's wages aren't reduced, it's just a lower rate because they are part time. It still isn't a bad wage for a young person without a lot of financial responsibility.
    The local USPS driver said he's on that reduced wage and, while the OT is nice, it's no where near what the regular drivers make. He says he hates it, but it's all he has.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The local USPS driver said he's on that reduced wage and, while the OT is nice, it's no where near what the regular drivers make. He says he hates it, but it's all he has.
    Gotcha, my bad. I thought you were talking about UPS drivers. The USPS subs are on call too I believe and you really can't do anything else if you're going to do that. Driver turnover is low also I think so you have to wait for someone to either retire or die to go full time.

Lately it seems in my area they have a different driver (sub I'm guessing) delivering parcels while the regular mail comes in the afternoon. Junk mail is still alive and well in the great old US.

Country
    Country Flag

Junk mail is still alive and well in the great old US.
    It actually dwindled the first week or two of this ordeal but then resumed in full force. I was hoping trees the abundant waste of trees to supply this crap was on a downward spiral. NOT!

Country
    Country Flag

Junk mail is still alive and well in the great old US.
    It actually dwindled the first week or two of this ordeal but then resumed in full force. I was hoping trees the abundant waste of trees to supply this crap was on a downward spiral. NOT!
    I know! I pay everything online and all my important documents and bills are emailed with text alerts even. Two packages are currently delayed that are en route to me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul shipped my F-451s to me on July 3rd. The package is currently somewhere between LA and somewhere else. It's already been to Florida and back to California.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Paul shipped my F-451s to me on July 3rd. The package is currently somewhere between LA and somewhere else. It's already been to Florida and back to California.
    That truly sucks! I recently sold a book on eBay and the guy specifically said he'd pay for Priority, that he lost several hundred bucks because a media mail package never made it to him. Even with a tracking number I don't think you can submit a search claim with USPS on media mail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast