Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Glad to hear that the slipcase or cases survived.

On a related topic....every time I get a package from JW, he wraps it in brown paper as he has done for you.

To my UK friends out there.....is that a "UK" thing...or a "JW" thing.

Jut curious...what is the deal with that brown paper?
    It's possible that it is a UK thing. I've received several packages from there all wrapped in the brown paper. They also use brown packing tape vs clear. I did recently receive a box from SST and it was just the box with their logo packing tape.

Here's the "damaged" case. One side was only pushed in slightly but placing the book into it corrects that.

Happy to hear that your Slipcases didn't get destroyed

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Matt! There were half a dozen in there so I got lucky for sure.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear it Buddy

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Glad to hear it Buddy
    Thank you!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

On a related topic....Jeff Can usually fit 6-8 cases in a box.....so always try and order as many as will fit in a box....this reduces the shipping cost per case.

I have a box of 7 coming my way as we speak.

£30.71 for postage.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    On a related topic....Jeff Can usually fit 6-8 cases in a box.....so always try and order as many as will fit in a box....this reduces the shipping cost per case.

I have a box of 7 coming my way as we speak.

£30.71 for postage.
    Agreed. The only way to do it if you're ordering from him and you're across the pond. He told me the shipping cost have increased a ton coming this way.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I specifically asked the seller to ensure that it was packaged to prevent damage and offered to pay the difference for UPS or FedEx versus the $8 Media Mail offered. The seller agreed, and instead paid $25 to send it USPS Priority Mail in a freakin' bubble mailer. A $1K+ book in a slipcase in a bubble mailer, nothing else. GODDAM $@^&!%! IDIOT.

I'm afraid to open it up.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I specifically asked the seller to ensure that it was packaged to prevent damage and offered to pay the difference for UPS or FedEx versus the $8 Media Mail offered. The seller agreed, and instead paid $25 to send it USPS Priority Mail in a freakin' bubble mailer. A $1K+ book in a slipcase in a bubble mailer, nothing else. GODDAM $@^&!%! IDIOT.

Omf... is that Christine?!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tell me she made it in one piece!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Omf... is that Christine?!!
    Tell me she made it in one piece!!!
    Yeah ... yeah it is. I'm so damn mad right now. I'm going to open it in little while after work, half hour or so, don't want to open it this second.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you can believe it, Christine made it without so much as a scuff. Or maybe it was destroyed and regenerated itself back to mint. Except for an old musty newspaper smell like my mother's basement (any good way to get rid of that?), you'd never know it went cross-country basically naked.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Except for an old musty newspaper smell like my mother's basement (any good way to get rid of that?).
    Put it in your paramours basement for 2 weeks.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you can believe it, Christine made it without so much as a scuff. Or maybe it was destroyed and regenerated itself back to mint. Except for an old musty newspaper smell like my mother's basement (any good way to get rid of that?), you'd never know it went cross-country basically naked.
    https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...lls-from-Books

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Joe; I knew there was a post on cigarette smoke removal somewhere but was looking in the wrong place. Might even have a white sage bush around here somewhere.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my box in from CD with my Night Shift AE with 2 remarques and here is what I saw initially!

Smooshed corners, tape separation & a decidedly DAMP feeling! Eeek!

I open it up and see THIS on the packing paper. I'm scared (though not too badly since it is CD)!

The receipt is pretty well limp with moisture. I can't really tell if the plastic wrap feels damp, so I carefully open it up and it appears that the Traycase, book and particularly the DJ all feel/appear dry.

I wanted to take pics of remarques, but I decided that before anything I'll separate the pieces of the package and air them out to get rid of any residual moisture that is there, but can't be detected. I'll probably bag them up as well with some dessicant packets so that it is all toasty dry before I shelve it.

Pretty shoddy delivery FedEx. You lucked out!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Big ouch!
    Hope the book survived without too much damage....
    Do post the remarques when you're good and ready....please....

sk

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered a signed copy of the Leviathan Wakes 10th Anniversary edition from B&N back in July.
    It just arrived and the shipping box was fine. The book however has a razor blade slash through the dust jacket and into the front board.

Naturally it's sold out on their site, so odds of getting a replacement are not good.
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Ordered a signed copy of the Leviathan Wakes 10th Anniversary edition from B&N back in July.
    It just arrived and the shipping box was fine. The book however has a razor blade slash through the dust jacket and into the front board.

Naturally it's sold out on their site, so odds of getting a replacement are not good.
    Mine miraculously survived. Was BN the only one doing a signed edition?

I'm sure they are on ebay.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Mine miraculously survived. Was BN the only one doing a signed edition?

I'm sure they are on ebay.
    I know they usually have signed copies of each new book in the series but I'm not sure if they are exclusive.

Looks like someone at the warehouse was a little overzealous with razor when they opened the case from the publisher.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had massive problems with parcels from the UK since Brexit.
    Some examples......
    Vinny had to send his package twice to me because customs forgot to inform me that I had to pay a few euros.
    Then i I bought a Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo -
    Suntup Press Artist Edition....but it never arrived. :-(
    The next, a sig lim book has arrived, after a delivery time of almost 2 1/2 months.
    The next S/l bookt arrived, i bought is 5-6 weeks ago....... purchased from a 100% trusted seller..... no infos from Post/Customs....
    An other disappeared again, will probably not buy in England anymore. !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19