Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Two pieces of cardboard with the book sandwiched between then taped. Maybe they weren't happy I won Charlie The Choo-Choo for $18.50 and it was free shipping.
    That actually isn't too bad as long as the book wasn't taped. Did it come through okay?
    Yeah luckily the book didn't slide into the tape and stick to it. It's a minor annoyance on a cheap purchase and just something I would never do.
    I've received similar from some "high end" auction houses.

FYI if you ever want to ship something similarly, putting the book in a bag and taping the bag to one of the cardboards protects the book and prevents it from moving.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I just have to vent about something frustrating: books coming from the homes of smokers.

I just got a King item from eBay. It was at publishers price and I'm happy to get it. But I got the box, opened it, and immediately it smelled of week-old cigarette smoke.

I am a non-smoker and the smell is completely revolting to me. Do we have to always ask if books come from smoke- free environments?

Leaving this in the guest bathroom for a week to air out. So gross.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I just have to vent about something frustrating: books coming from the homes of smokers.

I just got a King item from eBay. It was at publishers price and I'm happy to get it. But I got the box, opened it, and immediately it smelled of week-old cigarette smoke.

I am a non-smoker and the smell is completely revolting to me. Do we have to always ask if books come from smoke- free environments?

I agree with ya. I was a smoker for 17 years and every since I quit in '09, I can't stand the smell of it. Way back before I started collecting so my books escaped that fate. You can smell it immediately when you open a box that it came from a smoker.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    THANK YOU!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU!
    I used dryer sheets on a book and they worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    THANK YOU!
    I used dryer sheets on a book and they worked great.
    Amazing tip. I'm going to try that as well. Thanks guys.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Doctor Sleep suddenly shows as scanned in New Jersey today. No scan whatsoever between Antioch, and the East Coast. It still needs to be delivered to Connecticut, so the drama continues.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My Doctor Sleep suddenly shows as scanned in New Jersey today. No scan whatsoever between Antioch, and the East Coast. It still needs to be delivered to Connecticut, so the drama continues.
    At least it is now scanned into the system.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I got these when I got my first set of DT books back in the day from a very reknowned collector and heavy smoker. Put them in a sealed bin for a few days and all was good. Gonzo Natural Magic Odor Eliminator

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The saga of the Doctor Sleep has come to an end. The book came back to me yesterday. 7/22/2020 to 9/4/2020 and $40 shipping to and from out of my pocket.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The saga of the Doctor Sleep has come to an end. The book came back to me yesterday. 7/22/2020 to 9/4/2020 and $40 shipping to and from out of my pocket.
    Ouch. Are you going to attempt to place it back out into the wild again?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For the right price, of course.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Why was it returned to you the sender and not the recipient?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Why was it returned to you the sender and not the recipient?
    It made it to the recipient, who after 5 weeks, no longer wanted it. He sent it back to me.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad the book made it back to you. Still $40.00 is a lot of money to lose.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume you had refunded the money before the book finally arrived.

If the seller no longer wanted the book....the decent thing to do would have been to send it back on his dime.

This was nobody's fault...you should both share the pain.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume you had refunded the money before the book finally arrived.

If the seller no longer wanted the book....the decent thing to do would have been to send it back on his dime.

This was nobody's fault...you should both share the pain.

I agree, but unfortunately that isn't how it went down.

Country
    Country Flag

Not a bad packaging job but this thing was beat to hell en route. It had also gotten wet at some point so someone chose to wrap it in cellophane while it was still wet. And it was still wet due to that when I opened it. Amazingly, the slipcases inside weren't damaged at all outside of one that is extremely minor. Photos in spoiler tag as to not take up much space.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that a box from JW?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Is that a box from JW?
    Yes it was.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear that the slipcase or cases survived.

On a related topic....every time I get a package from JW, he wraps it in brown paper as he has done for you.

To my UK friends out there.....is that a "UK" thing...or a "JW" thing.

Jut curious...what is the deal with that brown paper?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

On a related topic....every time I get a package from JW, he wraps it in brown paper as he has done for you.

You've never done the "paper bag thing"? I grew up doing that.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The only things I used paper bags for was groceries and making book covers for my textbooks in high school.

Seriously....what is the point of wrapping a clean box in brown paper?

The box IS made of brown paper.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

It's possible that it is a UK thing. I've received several packages from there all wrapped in the brown paper. They also use brown packing tape vs clear. I did recently receive a box from SST and it was just the box with their logo packing tape.

Here's the "damaged" case. One side was only pushed in slightly but placing the book into it corrects that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast