Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Paul shipped my F-451s to me on July 3rd. The package is currently somewhere between LA and somewhere else. It's already been to Florida and back to California.
    That truly sucks! I recently sold a book on eBay and the guy specifically said he'd pay for Priority, that he lost several hundred bucks because a media mail package never made it to him. Even with a tracking number I don't think you can submit a search claim with USPS on media mail.
    I believe you can, but like other levels of delivery, you must wait 30 days!! To file a claim.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday I gave up and reordered the endpapers having them shipped directly to the binder. Of course today UPS delivered the package. I'll ship the package USPS 2 day mail tomorrow, and we will see which package arrives to the binder first.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

San Diego USPS modus operandi = 2-day prioirity, expected Friday. Arrives at San Diego main hub on Thursday. USPS mentality "We still have one more day..." Package not delivered until Friday. A package sent for a swap on the same day in the opposite direction is delivered on Thursday.

I don't care for USPS at all, but I've had such little experience with UPS or FedEx to complain.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Right now, I think the big 3 all suck, it's just a question of who sucks less on a particular delivery. Very hard to predict, but overall, USPS is generally cheaper.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Of the DJ's sent from DMG last month, they both got stuck here. Now, my S/L WTTKH is. Nashua has some serious issues! NASHUA NH DISTRIBUTION CENTER GOOGLE SEARCH

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I had an eBay seller mail me a padded envelope (one single baseball card inside) June 29th from Lansing, Michigan. It went to Detroit, then on to Jackson Michigan (easily mistakable for Colorado Springs, Colorado). It sat in Jackson for 19 days before going back to Detroit for a few days, to Denver for a few more, before finally getting here yesterday. A full month from Michigan to Colorado. Utterly stupid.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

I had something similar last year. A package was coming from Illinios to San Diego. It ended up in Florida, which is the shortest path between the two, said no one ever.

I get it. USPS, and the other two entities, handle an unreal amount of mail daily. For those of us that have never seen the inner workings of a primary USPS hub (although there are videos), I'm sure it would blow our minds. That being said, if any other organization mishandled business in the fashion the US Post Office does, they'd be out of business. Oh, they almost are.

If I may, I have to say Amazon has it right. If my notice says one day turn-around, by God, it's here in one day.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If I may, I have to say Amazon has it right. If my notice says one day turn-around, by God, it's here in one day.
    Often courtesy of the USPS.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Touche'.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Can't argue with that.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Often courtesy of the USPS.
    Sounds like who drives the truck is the least important part of the logistics chain.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Delivery guy stopped at the house a few weeks ago and I was outside. Handed me my package, jumped in the truck without closing the back and sped off. Dumped about 6 packages in the street right in front of my house and didn't even know it.
    Luckily I was able to get in the car and find him in the neighborhood. Those workers are so rushed to get everything delivered.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife ordered a replacement part for an appliance, delivery via UPS. UPS efficiently brought it to my city then handed it off to USPS for "last mile" delivery. Three weeks later, USPS dropped it on my doorstep.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sounds like USPS might want to consider partnering with Uber for the actual "delivery" part.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    My wife ordered a replacement part for an appliance, delivery via UPS. UPS efficiently brought it to my city then handed it off to USPS for "last mile" delivery. Three weeks later, USPS dropped it on my doorstep.
    Thank you, OldCrow, you've gone and done it! You've indentified the inter-mingled delivery chain that I absolutely loathe. UPS or DHL originates the shipment then transfers it to USPS for delivery. Yep, they are the worst! I'll bet those packages on namelessnpoor's truck were just such transfers. Ha!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So the saga of two endpaper shipments continue. Two shipments (one from the east coast, the other from me on the west coast) are both scheduled for delivery today before 9PM.

Both shipments are now "Delayed in Transit".

Country
    Country Flag

To sum it up, it's safe to say USPS has it out for you...a comin and a goin.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    So the saga of two endpaper shipments continue. Two shipments (one from the east coast, the other from me on the west coast) are both scheduled for delivery today before 9PM.

I have a package that's been in that status since July 20 that was scheduled to arrive on the 24th. Last known location, L.A.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Another one today. Winston-Salem to Greensborough to Denver (only 45 miles away!) to Minneapolis to Saint Paul. It was in Denver on Saturday. And tracking still shows it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. WTF USPS.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still delayed in transit.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still in transit...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Anyone ever had a package they were shipping via media mail opened and inspected in front of them at the post office?
    Shipped a book today, requested media mail, told it's one book that's it nothing else. Lady said OK, then she said Oh...it's telling me you have been randomly selected to have your package opened and inspected in front of you. So she cut it open, took out all the packing, unwrapped it from its bubble wrap and said...Looks like a book. I told her to please wrap it back it up just as it was so it isn't damaged. I did stand there and make sure it was packed back properly and the box taped back securely.
    Kind of annoying though...I take the time to wrap it up and tape the box and they just go cutting it open and pulling it apart.
    I have received boxes that had been stamped they had ben opened.....but never had the experience you had.

That said.....are you still waiting in line at a Post Office?!?! Are you not printing your postage through Paypal?

You know you can print postage for something via Paypal.....even if you received the money via friends and family......

https://www.paypal.com/signin/?retur...md%3d_ship-now
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if you print your own postage, you have to go to the Post Office (or arrange a pickup). I labeled a Medial Mail box and dropped it off at the post office on 7/23/2020. The book has yet to be scanned, so as far as the USPS is concerned, I just printed the label. Book was worth $750.

In order to get proof you dropped off a valuable package, you have to wait in line and get a receipt. I have never tried having a package(s) picked up, so I have no idea if you get a receipt.

Country
    Country Flag

Even if you print your own postage, you have to go to the Post Office (or arrange a pickup). I labeled a Medial Mail box and dropped it off at the post office on 7/23/2020. The book has yet to be scanned, so as far as the USPS is concerned, I just printed the label. Book was worth $750.

In order to get proof you dropped off a valuable package, you have to wait in line and get a receipt. I have never tried having a package(s) picked up, so I have no idea if you get a receipt.
    If you arrange to have it picked up you can demand they scan it in front of you.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you arrange to have it picked up you can demand they scan it in front of you.
    But do you get a printed receipt?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast