Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I believe I just called the 800 number. My guess is that the person who originally inputted the data for the address in their system (or the optical recognition software if they use that) miskeyed the zip originally so when it was scanned it came up with a different zip than where it was and was automatically routed back. Still took way to long for someone with a brain to step in and fix it and the person I got when I called claimed to not be able to do anything about it, just had to let the system work it out.
    You're lucky there was someone with a brain around. I'm fairly certain that is a scarcity in the post office!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I believe I just called the 800 number. My guess is that the person who originally inputted the data for the address in their system (or the optical recognition software if they use that) miskeyed the zip originally so when it was scanned it came up with a different zip than where it was and was automatically routed back. Still took way to long for someone with a brain to step in and fix it and the person I got when I called claimed to not be able to do anything about it, just had to let the system work it out.
    You're lucky there was someone with a brain around. I'm fairly certain that is a scarcity in the post office!
    Just one person with a brain is good enough for government work.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Realize this is not quite on topic, but such a weird story I have to share:

Sold a book on eBay in December. Tracking showed it arrived, buyer said they never got it. It was only $20, so I just refunded rather than argue with them.
    So, today it came back marked return to sender. Box had been opened and retaped. Still wrapped in my bubble wrap but probably resealed as Dust jacket was now on upside down and backwards. Instead of the peanuts I packed it in, the box was packed with newspaper -- from what seemed to be some sort of shopper in Washington. D.C. -- even though the package was sent to Texas (and supposedly delivered there).

So I wonder just where my little book went on its adventure ...

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Realize this is not quite on topic, but such a weird story I have to share:

Sold a book on eBay in December. Tracking showed it arrived, buyer said they never got it. It was only $20, so I just refunded rather than argue with them.
    So, today it came back marked return to sender. Box had been opened and retaped. Still wrapped in my bubble wrap but probably resealed as Dust jacket was now on upside down and backwards. Instead of the peanuts I packed it in, the box was packed with newspaper -- from what seemed to be some sort of shopper in Washington. D.C. -- even though the package was sent to Texas (and supposedly delivered there).

So I wonder just where my little book went on its adventure ...
    That's pretty awesome that you got it back! Packaged a bit different, dust jacket on wrong, but at least it didn't get committed to the USPS void.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that is a strange story.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yeah, it just seemed so strange that somebody obviously took the time to open it, examine it and then repackage it. If it somehow got delivered to the wrong person -- which seemed to be what the postal clerk thought from what she could tell -- did they open it and decide it wasn't worth keeping? I guess I should be happy I got it back, but just weird

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yeah, it just seemed so strange that somebody obviously took the time to open it, examine it and then repackage it. If it somehow got delivered to the wrong person -- which seemed to be what the postal clerk thought from what she could tell -- did they open it and decide it wasn't worth keeping? I guess I should be happy I got it back, but just weird
    Perhaps the erroneous recipient chose to read the book prior to repackaging and returning it?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have a new low to share from my local post office. It was raining all day on Thursday. My mailbox lets in a little water, so when I saw the mailman, I immediately ran out to get the package. He was a few doors down, so the mail wasn't in my box for more than 5 minutes. Regardless, as the book was on it's side, no way this happened in my little mailbox:

The idiot driver must have had it sitting in a tub of water. Luckily, the guy that sent it put several layers of bubble wrap around the proof, so it arrived as advertised. I was FURIOUS though. I am now keeping a file.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is why I always ship books in taped bags. Not fool proof, but helps.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Have a new low to share from my local post office. It was raining all day on Thursday. My mailbox lets in a little water, so when I saw the mailman, I immediately ran out to get the package. He was a few doors down, so the mail wasn't in my box for more than 5 minutes. Regardless, as the book was on it's side, no way this happened in my little mailbox:

The idiot driver must have had it sitting in a tub of water. Luckily, the guy that sent it put several layers of bubble wrap around the proof, so it arrived as advertised. I was FURIOUS though. I am now keeping a file.

With your history of bad USPS deliveries, I must ask, have you ever been part of an anti-government group? Radical left/right wing tendencies? Outspoken opponent of The Establishment? Ever attend any meetings of "like-minded" individules? (not here of course, we are all perfectly safe). Ever had repeated sightings of people wearing any light-gold shaded coats?

Of course....it could all just be a coincidence..........

"Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

With your history of bad USPS deliveries, I must ask, have you ever been part of an anti-government group? Radical left/right wing tendencies? Outspoken opponent of The Establishment? Ever attend any meetings of "like-minded" individules? (not here of course, we are all perfectly safe). Ever had repeated sightings of people wearing any light-gold shaded coats?

Of course....it could all just be a coincidence..........

The "radical" giveaway (females) used to be no bra, and unshaven armpits.
    Now it's owning a Prius and buying organic Kale seeds via the internet.
    You'll be delayed at every airport...

Country
    Country Flag

While I am pro "no bra" at home, I have never burned one (they are expensive!) and definitely prefer to shave. And while I firmly believe that somewhere in the depths of the FBI there is a file on me, it is not due to anti-government groups but rather my weird and varied interests. So no reason I can think of for them to destroy my boxes, save for the fact that I am what is referred to as a "package heavy" address (otherwise known as I buy a lot of stuff!). Oh well.

But thanks for the laugh, guys!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a first. At least for me it is. Got some books delivered in a cereal box... good for a laugh of two... Luckily the books weren't damaged.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

do they smell like cereal?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, mixed berry! Naw, just your standard paperback smell.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    This is a first. At least for me it is. Got some books delivered in a cereal box... good for a laugh of two... Luckily the books weren't damaged.

Ha - I got some in a super-sized Cheez-It box a couple of weeks ago!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shipped a package from NYC to Tennessee

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

I once had someone open a case in eBay against me because USPS sent the package from SC, to NC, to Montana. He lived in NC, and wanted to know what I did!

Eventually, though, it made it back. I guess the post office wanted to take it on a little sightseeing across the country first!

Country
    Country Flag

I have a package I am currently trying to track down that according to the USPS was delivered to my house on Feb. 16. I did not get it and have my doubts as the tracking shows it went from New York to New Jersey to Bell Gardens, CA, to Federal Way, WA, to St. Paul, MN, before finally arriving at my local post office outside Minneapolis Feb. 10. USPS then claims it sat at my post office for 6 days until being delivered on Feb. 16. Very weird.

And it was priority mail!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

And it was priority mail!
    As they so often point out at the post office "Now it's not guaranteed to be there in 2 to 3 days."

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear I'm not alone! Have another package that's on it's way back to me now. It was delivered to the recipient's PO Box and then an hour later was marked return to sender. I contacted the buyer and he said that was not his doing, he wants the book, and was going to ask USPS why they sent it back after only being available to pick up for one hour.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: Well, I actually wish I was alone in having issues. When things go wrong it's somewhat reassuring to know others are in the same boat though.
    Wanted:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not alone! Have another package that's on it's way back to me now. It was delivered to the recipient's PO Box and then an hour later was marked return to sender. I contacted the buyer and he said that was not his doing, he wants the book, and was going to ask USPS why they sent it back after only being available to pick up for one hour.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: Well, I actually wish I was alone in having issues. When things go wrong it's somewhat reassuring to know others are in the same boat though.

The USPS is an Equal Opportunity Disappointing Carrier. They don't discriminate, they just screw up on a fair and impartial basis.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, my package was returned to sender because I used a USPS Priority Mail box and paid for USPS Media Mail postage. The wrote "Postage For Priority Required", "Priority supplies are free, but require priority postage." and "Must pay priority postage when using priority supplies" on the box. I've sent things Media Mail using priority supplies a number of times in the past and this is the first time I've encountered this issue. Of cause they sent it all the way to the destination before sending it back to me.
    Wanted:

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my package was returned to sender because I used a USPS Priority Mail box and paid for USPS Media Mail postage. The wrote "Postage For Priority Required", "Priority supplies are free, but require priority postage." and "Must pay priority postage when using priority supplies" on the box. I've sent things Media Mail using priority supplies a number of times in the past and this is the first time I've encountered this issue. Of cause they sent it all the way to the destination before sending it back to me.
    Sending it all the way to the destination before sending it back with those notes sounds like a classic USPS maneuver. It was probably some hard-on at the destination post office that got his or her panties in a twist about a Priority box with media mail postage and sent it back just to be an asshole. On a somewhat related note, I've been told before at my post office that I can't use liquor store boxes to ship stuff, but just the other day I received some books through the same post office in a cut up Bacardi rum box. It all depends on whose behind the counter sometimes.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That really is a mistake on your part. Whether they should have caught it earlier is a matter for discussion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast