Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    All very nice, but especially that Gunslinger signed by both King and Whelan in 1982! Wow!
    Thanks, Bob! I'm proud of that one! Don't have any idea how many are out there, but you don't see too many. I look forward to visiting with you again soon and definitely want to meet up next time we can.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful. Love the double signed Gunslinger and the fact that you have a matching audio.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great looking collection!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection, love the coffin Stand!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW. Amazing set !

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. Motivation to organize.

I am curious about the Quaker Oats box?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! Congratulations!

John

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Wonderful. Love the double signed Gunslinger and the fact that you have a matching audio.
    Paul, thanks for the encouraging words. I got lucky that the Audio turned up right around the time of my purchase of the S/L set. I also was fortunate that the Whelans still had set no. 445 of the Dark Tower prints. In addition, I tried to purchase no. 445 of the S/L book, "The Art of Michael Whelan," but it had already been sold; however, Mrs. Whelan was able to find no. 45 for me and Michael drew a cool Roland remarque in the book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Great looking collection!
    Thanks, Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Very nice collection, love the coffin Stand!
    Thank you! I need to replace the bubble wrap in the bottom with something more aesthetically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    WOW. Amazing set !
    Thanks, Sharki! I'm proud of it. A lot of work in putting it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    WOW!!! Congratulations!
    Much appreciated, John! Thank you!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Paul, thanks for the encouraging words. I got lucky that the Audio turned up right around the time of my purchase of the S/L set. I also was fortunate that the Whelans still had set no. 445 of the Dark Tower prints. In addition, I tried to purchase no. 445 of the S/L book, "The Art of Michael Whelan," but it had already been sold; however, Mrs. Whelan was able to find no. 45 for me and Michael drew a cool Roland remarque in the book.

This is a BEAUTIFUL book. Congrats.... very well done.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Very nice. Motivation to organize.

I am curious about the Quaker Oats box?
    You have an eagle eye! I had to go back and see in what photo the Quaker Oats box was visible in. Unfortunately, it is not a rare, prototype proof of an original Quaker Oats box from the early 1900s. Instead, it is a gift from Quaker Oats with my face on it--not a flattering portrayal . I received it as a memento from an in-house lawyer for a case I represented them on.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thanks, Kris! I am a huge admirer of your Whelan original art collection and hope someday to acquire something Dark Tower related.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Kris! I am a huge admirer of your Whelan original art collection and hope someday to acquire something Dark Tower related.
    They compliment any King room like no other my friend... I have a few peices now and whenever someone walks in to the room... they comment on them EVERY time I hope you do get some... hard to stop with one though! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic Whelan remarque!

Country
    Country Flag

They compliment any King room like no other my friend... I have a few peices now and whenever someone walks in to the room... they comment on them EVERY time I hope you do get some... hard to stop with one though! lol
    Thanks for the note. If I hadn't made a Christmas spending moratorium on myself so I can afford to buy my family Christmas presents, I'd be interested in your Whelan which you have offered for an amazing price--not often, if ever, you can pick up an original piece like that one for such an extremely reasonable price. Plus, I'm afraid if I bought it, I'd start down that slippery slope you mention.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Fantastic Whelan remarque!
    Thank you! There was no way I could keep the book sealed and not see the remarque--what is the point in having it done, if you can't admire and appreciate it!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the note. If I hadn't made a Christmas spending moratorium on myself so I can afford to buy my family Christmas presents, I'd be interested in your Whelan which you have offered for an amazing price--not often, if ever, you can pick up an original piece like that one for such an extremely reasonable price. Plus, I'm afraid if I bought it, I'd start down that slippery slope you mention.
    LOL so true.. so true. I just bought one SMALLER for $2500! The only reason I am selling this one... I committed to the other one and haven't paid for it yet. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Default IT LETTERED, CD proofs and Review copy

IT, The Stand and The Dark Tower Series are my favorite Stephen King tales. I really wanted to acquire a Lettered IT and with a little help from a friend I was able to locate one at a reasonable price. I also love proofs and now have the complete Cemetery Dance IT collection with the exception of the unbound proof distributed with the Stephen King Collectors grab bag--one of the best CD deals ever offered! I'm so pleased I quickly jumped on that when it was offered. Lots of wheeling and dealing later, I'm happy to have added these to the collection. Also, shown is a Viking IT Review Copy with Review Copy slip and Newsletter style press release.

Last edited by jcmanske; 01-05-2016 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added a photo of an item previously posted in Pride and Joy thread

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, that's great Jeff! Congratulations. I've been after that CD red proof on the left for some time now. Very nice bud.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, that's great Jeff! Congratulations. I've been after that CD red proof on the left for some time now. Very nice bud.
    Thanks, Paul! I don't think there are many of either available, although the red one is clearly the toughest to find.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've got the Orbik one. The red/black one on the left has eluded me.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simply amazing. Keep 'em coming!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive! Loving it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Simply amazing. Keep 'em coming!
    Will do. I'm trying to post a few every day or two until I get it all out there. I'm having fun and it's a great way to keep a photo record of what's in the collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Proofs and Manuscripts

I absolutely love collecting Manuscripts, proofs and ARCs. I have a fairly extensive collection of non-Stephen King items (only modern fiction) and have only been collecting King related pre-publication material over the past couple of years. Needless to say, collecting pre-publication material is challenging and generally expensive as those on this board can attest. As far as King related material, most of what I have acquired so far is readily available and can be found in most other King proof collections. While I am off to a decent start, I have a VERY long way to go and am looking forward to growing my pre-publication collection. I'll try and post what I think are some of my cooler/htf/different manuscripts and proofs first. Here are a couple of manuscripts I stumbled upon:

Misery manuscript with unusual "rejection" recommendation--just posting the first and last page of the letter. If anyone is familiar with the names in the letter, please let me know. This just seemed to me to be a really unusual and cool piece, particularly with the accompanying letter.

Bag of Bones loose unbound Manuscript without letter (in excess of 1000 pages)

Fear Itself Bound Manuscript Here is the original listing for this item from Betts: "Fear Itself Underwood & Miller 1982 Limited Ed Bound manuscript with pictorial cover with press release letter. Inscribed to Charles Brown (Locus mag): "For Charlie Brown with immense admiration" 10/30/82 Signed Fine Very Rare."

A couple of Cemetery Dance unbound manuscripts from the SK Collector Grab bag:

TGWLTG Pop-Up edition white binder proof

I'll try and post some more proof pics in the next several days. Thanks to all for the generous comments.
    Last edited by jcmanske; 01-05-2016 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Added a photo of an item previously posted in Pride and Joy thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast