Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a pic of an overview of my main bookshelves in my office. I'll also include some closeups of some of the shelves.

My grandfather's roll top desk with some Jill Baumann and Glen Chadbourne art above and one of my Dean Koontz shelves to the left:

Shelves depicting the Stephen King Offspring collection and more King:

King Offspring shelf:

More Signed limited shelves:

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice! Love the set up, and the collection even more!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome setup. I love those old school roll top desks
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Cycle of the Werewolf S/L(Would love to find a matching portfolio someday)

Skeleton Crew S/L

The Stand S/L
    Like most everyone else, The Stand is probably my favorite S/L. I keep all of my books at my office because I spend so much time here and they are a great conversation piece for visitors. In my office, there is a phone stand, which is my "coffin" for the "coffin edition" of The Stand S/L. I also enjoy that this copy is no. 2.
    That is one of the coolest things I've seen!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

HOLY CRAP. One of the best limited/king collections I have seen. I feel so small now . But I really want to say .

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. I love seeing shots of how the SK bookcase / books sit inside the rooms. Nice.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive! Congratulations!

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I'm late to the party! I missed your new collection thread but just caught it now. Wonderful collection Jeff! Wow. So cool to see what you have and your bookcases. That table/case you have for The Stand is great. Collecting all 4 Firestarter S/L is also a goal of mine. Congrats on getting half way. Some amazing pieces you have there and I'm looking forward to following the thread. Thanks for posting your collection!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolut amazing King S/L collection !!!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very, very nice! Love the set up, and the collection even more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    awesome setup. I love those old school roll top desks
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Awesome. I love seeing shots of how the SK bookcase / books sit inside the rooms. Nice.
    I agree that looking at the way everyone displays their pride and joys is so much of the fun in scrolling through collection threads. Some of my favorites are Room 217's , Bob's, Jerome's, and many others--lots of creativity on display. There are many awesome posters on this site who don't have collection threads who I wish did--I'd love to see how they display their collections. Thanks for the comments, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

That is one of the coolest things I've seen!
    Jerome, thanks for the comment on my coffin stand! Although the book is not out in the open for me to see everyday, it just seemed like the right place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    HOLY CRAP. One of the best limited/king collections I have seen. I feel so small now . But I really want to say .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Absolut amazing King S/L collection !!!
    While I'm proud of my collection, I feel the same way when I look through so many others collections that have so many cool, hard to find books, proofs, art and other pieces that I aspire to eventually collect. Some of the members who have been collecting for all of their lives have truly stunning collections. All of us have to remember that Rome wasn't built in today and that there are many items I'll never acquire, but I am having a blast putting my collection together. I love it when carlosdeitweiler and neotrinity post their newest acquistions or share some of their stories about how they acquired items in their collection--by far, one of the best benefits of being an active member of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Looks like I'm late to the party! I missed your new collection thread but just caught it now. Wonderful collection Jeff! Wow. So cool to see what you have and your bookcases. That table/case you have for The Stand is great. Collecting all 4 Firestarter S/L is also a goal of mine. Congrats on getting half way. Some amazing pieces you have there and I'm looking forward to following the thread. Thanks for posting your collection!
    Paul, I appreciate your comments. The feeling is mutual when I admire your collection. I'm particularly envious of many of your awesome proofs! Good luck to us both in putting together the Firestarter signed, limiteds. I got motivated to do that when I strolled through Bob's collection and saw his Firestarter grouping--although I doubt I'll ever be able to find, let alone afford, the Absestos Firestarter Lettered, but a man can dream.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful Collection, nicely done !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Default A few more signed, limiteds

The Best of Cemetery Dance S/L

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon S/L

Although the text of the pop up book wasn't written by King, I still think this signed limited is cool, although I understand all the negative comments about the pricing problem when it first was issued. I've kept it sealed in the box and have never opened it yet. Mine is number 69.

The Regulators S/L This is one of my favorite S/Ls done by King. I love all the back story shared by Peter Schneider with us on how the checks came to be. I like that my check is made payable to Roland LeBay (the man who sold Christine to Arnie) for the purchase of a '58 Fury. One of my holy grails is the Lettered Regulators.

The Colorado Kid S/L I have one of the King/Chadbourne signed of 99 and the limited edition of 450 by Miller/King and Potter/King. So, I still have some work to do on completing the set of limiteds and lettereds. I really like the presentation of the lettered edition a lot with the picture on the cover of the traycase.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Thanks! You contributed to my collection by selling me my Christine last year. It takes a village!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! You contributed to my collection by selling me my Christine last year. It takes a village!
    I Don't think it was Christine ???

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Default Salem's Lot Red Numbered S/L no. 44

Like most of here, I love the job that Centipede Press did on the Salem's Lot signed limited. Thanks to a member who has treated me very well on this site, I was able to pick up this copy of Salem's Lot this past summer. Although I now own the red numbered S/L (which is really tough to find), ironically enough I have not been able to acquire a traycase with prints for my gift edition of the Centipede Salem's Lot--all things in time (hopefully). In any event, I am a darn lucky man to have this one in my collection. This, along with several other items, is one of the centerpieces of my collection.

Country
    Country Flag

I Don't think it was Christine ???
    You're right! I went back and checked the iTrader and it was The Regulators S/L regarding Christine--the one I just posted with the check made payable to Roland LeBay (it is number 158, double your 79!) Also, I picked up the Desperation S/L from you (no. 79)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It keeps getting better. You have so many signed limiteds. You've left me in the dust bud! Really nice, congratulations!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

loving the telephone table to hold the Stand S/L. I would have thought a custom foam inlay would be better protection than some bubble wrap though!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

All very, very nice! Big congratulations.

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, what a wonderful condition, Jeff. Congratulations! I particularly like the red numbered 'Salem's Lot and EOTD editions. I have a red EOTD but it is undedicated so it is lacking the personalisation of your copies. I also like your comprehensive collection of books about King. Great looking office!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It keeps getting better. You have so many signed limiteds. You've left me in the dust bud! Really nice, congratulations!
    I feel the same way when I check out so many others' collections. I think we both have a lot to be proud of with our collections.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    loving the telephone table to hold the Stand S/L. I would have thought a custom foam inlay would be better protection than some bubble wrap though!
    Great idea! All things in time.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    All very, very nice! Big congratulations.
    Much appreciated, John!

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Wow, what a wonderful condition, Jeff. Congratulations! I particularly like the red numbered 'Salem's Lot and EOTD editions. I have a red EOTD but it is undedicated so it is lacking the personalisation of your copies. I also like your comprehensive collection of books about King. Great looking office!
    Jon, thank you for the very nice note. I too love the red lettered Salem's and EOTD--they are some of my favorite books in my collection, by far. I have some other favorites, but just haven't had time to post yet. I'll get there.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Salem's Lot S/L a favourite of mine for sure. I just have the gift edition myself, but it's a dream of mine to one day own a copy of the limited.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Love the Salem's Lot S/L a favourite of mine for sure. I just have the gift edition myself, but it's a dream of mine to one day own a copy of the limited.
    It's a gorgeous, massive book and so well put together. Before I received mine, I thought it would be about the same size as the gift edition, but it is a monster! Thanks for the comment!

Country
    Country Flag

My Dark Tower Collection

As I mentioned above, I did not read The Dark Tower series until several years ago, but fell in love with the characters and the story. I have volumes 1-7 and WTTTK of the trade editions and matching number set no. 445 of the signed, limited edition. Now, if I can just lay hands on no. 445 of Little Sisters of Eluria and Wind Through The Keyhole. In addition to the needle in the haystack search for my missing no. 445s, I next want to see if I can acquire the various Artist Editions. Currently, I do not own any, although I was fortunate enough to purchase the Michael Whelan signed numbered lithograph set of 4 numbered 445. Also, thanks to the benevolence of killjoy72, I was able to purchase the Gunslinger Audio S/L no. 445. My 445 Dark Tower collection is probably (it's a tough call) the pride and joy of my collection.

Trade edition set Also pictured is my trade edition signed and dated by Stephen King and Michael Whelan

Signed/Limited Set no. 445

S/L Audiotape No. 445

Whelan Prints No. 445 Just a picture of the wrapper and the number of one of the prints. I know everyone knows what they look like. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten mine framed yet.

Finally, a pic of most of the above at home on its shelf:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

All very nice, but especially that Gunslinger signed by both King and Whelan in 1982! Wow!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast