Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Super Congratulations on the variant cover ("proof") of Plume's "Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger,"
    Beautiful condition !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jeff!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jeff on two great new acquisitions. That the Wind Through the Keyhole looks like it might be the second proof of the book. Very very cool!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Great stuff. I am up to 13 proofs now (not all King though)
    Glad to see you are also collecting proofs. As you can tell, it is a slippery slope and an expensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Holy cowabunga! Great stuff!
    Thanks. The chase for the hard to find stuff is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Super Congratulations on the variant cover ("proof") of Plume's "Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger,"
    Beautiful condition !!
    Thanks, Cook! I was lucky to get this one and it is one I have wanted for a long, long time. They so rarely turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Jeff!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Congrats Jeff on two great new acquisitions. That the Wind Through the Keyhole looks like it might be the second proof of the book. Very very cool!
    Thanks, Vincent. It is one I had never seen before. I know you enjoy the manuscript copies as much as I do!

Thought I'd share a couple of more items this morning that I was able to get uploaded before the work day begins in earnest.
    First, is the Subterranean Press Advance Review Copy of The Shining. I just think the cover art on this is awesome!

Next is a promo booklet "proof" entitled, "Return of the King," from Dark Tower V: The Wolves of the Calla. This is booklet size and contains the introduction and an excerpt from Wolves:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Slinger is cooooooool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

!!!WOW!!!

Unbelievably great items!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Really Really nice stuff. Congrats.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that Wolves
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some great stuff..i hadnt seen the subpress shining proof before..Nicely done

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Always the same high standard Jeff.
    First class.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Envious of the Shining proof! Great additions!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERSUPERNICE NEW STUFF !!!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That Slinger is cooooooool!
    Thanks, Kris! They are elusive little rascals!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    !!!WOW!!!

Unbelievably great items!
    Thanks, Steve! I know you love the proofs like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Really Really nice stuff. Congrats.
    Much appreciated, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Love that Wolves
    Thanks, Garrell! I had not seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Great stuff!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Some great stuff..i hadnt seen the subpress shining proof before..Nicely done
    Thanks! It is not one that comes up for sale that often!

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Always the same high standard Jeff.
    First class.
    Many thanks, Alec! Your collection is a marvel to behold and I appreciate that yours is likewise the same high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy93 View Post
    Envious of the Shining proof! Great additions!
    Thanks, Fitzy! I appreciate you stopping by!

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    SUPERSUPERNICE NEW STUFF !!!
    I appreciate it, Frank! Thanks for always patiently answering my questions on German King collectibles.

As each of you know, it is always nice to have others comment on your passion. I'm grateful to each you for encouraging me to further eliminate any chance my children will inherit any actual cash.

One more item to add this week and it is one I have searched for to no avail over the past several years. I have an Audio S/L of DT I: The Gunslinger matching the number of my set (445), but the S/L of DT II had eluded me. Thanks to a member here my no. 1 collecting goal of 2019 was met and I can add a sealed DT I and II S/L Audio to the collection:

Time to reset the collecting goals!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

'Sounds' great!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats again, Jeff!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great additions Jeff! I had that little Wolves promo proof for a while also, but I’ve never seen that shining proof. Amazing

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats, Jeff! Those DT S/L audio editions are real gems.

I listen to audiobooks, and love the King narrations for the DT novels he did. I hope to own a copy of these one day. Big congrats!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

well, after i fixed all the images on my collection thread i then came here and examined your collection, after i picked my jaw back off the floor WOW! You not only have proofs i have been searching for years to find, you have them signed? My favorites include that Gunslinger and orange DT2 proof, that Uncut Stand manuscript, Misery manuscript, signed UK It proof, those Carrie and The Stand dolso cases with remarks and i don't know where to stop! Humbled by your collection and display, amazing!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    well, after i fixed all the images on my collection thread i then came here and examined your collection, after i picked my jaw back off the floor WOW! You not only have proofs i have been searching for years to find, you have them signed? My favorites include that Gunslinger and orange DT2 proof, that Uncut Stand manuscript, Misery manuscript, signed UK It proof, those Carrie and The Stand dolso cases with remarks and i don't know where to stop! Humbled by your collection and display, amazing!
    Thank you, Hans! As you know, the quest for those rare, hare to find items, or just closing a hole in your collection, is what it’s all about. I need to update my thread and hope to get around to it soon. The best part of last night was getting introduced you and finding a new friend who enjoys collecting proofs. I appreciate your kind and generous comments. Talk soon, Jeff

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    It comb bound three volume manuscript
    Riding the Bullet CD comb bound manuscript
    UK Return of THE KING excerpt from DT V Wolves of the Calla booklet
    UK Under the Dome promo booklet
    Under the Dome three volume bound manuscript
    Sleeping Beauties two volume manuscript
    Any stories behind these John? Pictures? That's a helluva drop for one day.
    These are items that a member emailed me. I won't post the pics--that's up to him to share if he wants to.

John
    Dear Constant Proof Reader, please consider posting photos and/or the stories behind them, or allowing John to do it anonymously for you. I'd also be happy to do same if you'd like. Thank you! George
    In light of the request, I thought I'd post pictures of these items. In reviewing the DT "Stephen King Proof" page, I noted that the proofs above were not on the list. I knew that John (jhanic) maintained the list so I sent him an email along with pics and asked if he thought they were worthy of being included on the list. All of the above were acquired in the past year in the usual fashion. Meaning, like most rare and hard to find items, they were transferred from one collector/member to another and that's how all of the above came into my possession. The signed UTD 3 volume and Sleeping Beauty 2 volume proofs were impossible to turn down and I trusted the providence of the signatures because of who acquired them. If you track back aways through the proof thread, you will find references to the existence of these items prior to them being signed. Although I haven't done a great job of updating my collection thread, I do have an Instagram account (stephenkingcollectibles) that I do a better of job of maintaining and showing recent purchases. Here are the pics:

IT 3 Vol., Comb binding, Manuscript copy:

A fellow Dark Tower member, Vincent, also has this same 3 volume set.

Riding the Bullet CD comb bound manuscript:

UK Return of the King promo booklet with excerpt (previously posted above--post 454)

UK Under the Dome promo booklet/proof:

Under the Dome three volume bound proof:

Sleeping Beauties two volume bound proof

One of my favorite parts of collecting Stephen King is tracking down elusive proofs, manuscript copies, and other pre-publication items. I know they are not for everyone, but I love them and the fun that comes from the thrill of the hunt.

WOW!
    Great proofs!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Those are superb, absolutely wonderful.
    If you enjoy the ‘thrill of the hunt’ you must have been ecstatic for the last few weeks!!
    Lovely to see Jeff. Delighted for you.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are crazy nice!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A M A Z I N G new stuff !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast