Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Comics TV shows

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    A decent episode, but probably my least favorite so far. Still better than most TV out there.
    You must not watch a lot of TV lol. There are much better shows out there. This show is mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am giving this show one or two more weeks... if it does not change for me I am out. No where near as good as Arrow or the Flash...
    I think I'm out already. If you know me and how much I love Batman you'll know how much it pains me to say this, but Gotham is terrible.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    A decent episode, but probably my least favorite so far. Still better than most TV out there.
    You must not watch a lot of TV lol. There are much better shows out there. This show is mediocre at best.

I am giving this show one or two more weeks... if it does not change for me I am out. No where near as good as Arrow or the Flash...
    I think I'm out already. If you know me and how much I love Batman you'll know how much it pains me to say this, but Gotham is terrible.
    Really starting to think so too.... I will give it one more week. If something drastic doesnt happen... Im out.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    If you know me and how much I love Batman you'll know how much it pains me to say this, but Gotham is terrible.

I'm surprised. I don't think I'd go so far as to say it's terrible, but it's definitely not anything groundbreaking. I can see it falling more and more into a procedural. Gotham's a fun show, but I don't have a ton invested in it or its characters.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"You must not watch a lot of TV ..."

And now, to kill fifteen minutes, I shall rank all of the television shows I am currently watching:

Shows I Am Currently Watching:
    1. Sons Of Anarchy: Season 7
    2. American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow)
    3. Grey's Anatomy: Season 11
    4. Survivor: Season 29
    5. The Flash: Season 1
    6. Gotham: Season 1
    7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2
    8. Doctor Who (2005): Season 8
    9. The Voice: Season 7
    10. New Girl: Season 4
    11. From A To Z: Season 1
    12. Agents Of SHIELD: Season 2
    13. Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 13
    14. Utopia: Season 1
    15. The After: Season 1
    16. Gracepoint: Season 1
    17. Family Guy: Season 13
    18. Anger Management: Season 2
    19. Cristela: Season 1
    20. Bad Judge: Season 1
    21. Once Upon A Time: Season 4
    22. American Dad!: Season 10
    23. South Park: Season 18
    24. Dating Naked: Season 1
    25. Selfie: Season 1

Shows I Have Have Not Started Yet:
    • Boardwalk Empire: Season 5
    • Forever: Season 1
    • Hand Of God: Season 1
    • How To Get Away With Murder: Season 1
    • Kingdom: Season 1
    • Legends: Season 1
    • Masters Of Sex: Season 2
    • Nashville: Season 3
    • Ray Donovan: Season 2
    • Resurrection: Season 2
    • Scorpion: Season 1
    • Stalker: Season 1
    • The Affair: Season 1
    • The Bridge: Season 2
    • The Chair: Season 1
    • The Knick: Season 1
    • The Last Ship: Season 1
    • The Quest: Season 1
    • The Strain: Season 1

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"You must not watch a lot of TV ..."

And now, to kill fifteen minutes, I shall rank all of the television shows I am currently watching:

Shows I Am Currently Watching:
    1. Sons Of Anarchy: Season 7
    2. American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow)
    3. Grey's Anatomy: Season 11
    4. Survivor: Season 29
    5. The Flash: Season 1
    6. Gotham: Season 1
    7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2
    8. Doctor Who (2005): Season 8
    9. The Voice: Season 7
    10. New Girl: Season 4
    11. From A To Z: Season 1
    12. Agents Of SHIELD: Season 2
    13. Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 13
    14. Utopia: Season 1
    15. The After: Season 1
    16. Gracepoint: Season 1
    17. Family Guy: Season 13
    18. Anger Management: Season 2
    19. Cristela: Season 1
    20. Bad Judge: Season 1
    21. Once Upon A Time: Season 4
    22. American Dad!: Season 10
    23. South Park: Season 18
    24. Dating Naked: Season 1
    25. Selfie: Season 1

Shows I Have Have Not Started Yet:
    • Boardwalk Empire: Season 5
    • Forever: Season 1
    • Hand Of God: Season 1
    • How To Get Away With Murder: Season 1
    • Kingdom: Season 1
    • Legends: Season 1
    • Masters Of Sex: Season 2
    • Nashville: Season 3
    • Ray Donovan: Season 2
    • Resurrection: Season 2
    • Scorpion: Season 1
    • Stalker: Season 1
    • The Affair: Season 1
    • The Bridge: Season 2
    • The Chair: Season 1
    • The Knick: Season 1
    • The Last Ship: Season 1
    • The Quest: Season 1
    • The Strain: Season 1
    Shannon I don't see Arrow on your list. It goes well with the Flash get on it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the first episode and liked it, but I --for one reason or another-- haven't continued. One day I'll jump on it. I've heard very good things.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You need to get right on:

Boardwalk Empire
    The Strain
    The Blacklist
    The Bridge
    Justified

I'm gonna assume you watched "Breaking Bad". White people LOVE "Breaking Bad" (Dave Chappelle?) "Crisis" is also pretty darn good!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

Also, I watched episode 4 (Arkham) last night and really enjoyed it! Penguin is the best part of the show.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

Also, I watched episode 4 (Arkham) last night and really enjoyed it! Penguin is the best part of the show.
    He is.. but not enough to carry it. I found the last one silly and boring. I kept checking how much time was left.. NOT a good sign. With Walking Dead I am checking it to see how much more I will get to see... NOT when it ends. This show will eventually get cancelled... I will put money on it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised. I don't think I'd go so far as to say it's terrible, but it's definitely not anything groundbreaking. I can see it falling more and more into a procedural. Gotham's a fun show, but I don't have a ton invested in it or its characters.
    I wish I could stick with it dude, I really do. But you hit the nail on the head in that last sentence -- I don't care about any of the characters on the show, and that's an essential component for me. Don't care if they live or die, fail or succeed. They're just.. there.
    I kept checking how much time was left.. NOT a good sign. With Walking Dead I am checking it to see how much more I will get to see... NOT when it ends. This show will eventually get cancelled... I will put money on it.
    Same here.

And I don't know if it will get cancelled or not -- regardless of how much the show stinks, Batman still has a lot of brand power -- but their viewership will plummet if they don't do something drastic.

Country
    Country Flag

It just got picked up for an additional six episodes (bringing it's Season 1 total to 22, I think) so they must be feeling pretty confident in their viewership and ratings. Now whether or not the audience will stick around for 18 more episodes is another story.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

It just got picked up for an additional six episodes (bringing it's Season 1 total to 22, I think) so they must be feeling pretty confident in their viewership and ratings. Now whether or not the audience will stick around for 18 more episodes is another story.
    I think they need to move forward more on Batman... becoming Batman.. that would be MUCH better.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

Was it? If it was that is a shame I thought it was a pretty good show. Intriguing premise.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

He is.. but not enough to carry it. I found the last one silly and boring. I kept checking how much time was left.. NOT a good sign. With Walking Dead I am checking it to see how much more I will get to see... NOT when it ends. This show will eventually get cancelled... I will put money on it.
    Hmmmm $20 HF bet? You win I donate, I win you donate.... Got balls? LOL I say the show makes at least 2 seasons.

P.S. The money mat be donated at any time the decision is made. Not just during the Fundraiser
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I could not agree more with this... and I feel some here may as well

" During the cold open of last night’s Gotham I simply threw up my hands and quit. What even IS this show, where a crooked banker gets attached to a weather balloon and then fatally floated into the heavens? What kind of a tone is this mishmash of a show going for?

There are a lot of problems facing Gotham, but it’s this tonal one that seems to be the biggest. It’s what makes the show simply ridiculous, as opposed to fun or comic book-y. There’s a fine line between campy goodness and cartoonish badness, and Gotham clearly has no idea where that line is drawn. What’s doubly troubling about the show’s tone is that it’s only going to get cartoonier - this is the third episode and we have assassination by weather balloon, so where is the series going to go as it hits multiple seasons? By the time Batman shows up the show will be a full-on Schumacherian gigglefest.

On paper some of this stuff might work, but on screen it all comes across like an overly serious homage to the 60s Batman. This silliness is mixed with lots of gritty death and talk about police corruption, and everything clashes. It’s too serious to be this silly and it’s too silly to be this serious.

Gotham also suffers from the absolute worst case of prequelitis I have ever seen. Every character spends half their screen time reminded you who they will become when Batman comes to town; I can’t imagine the restraint the producers have exercised to keep Oswald Cobblepot out of t-shirts with cute penguins on them.

Cobblepot’s frequent reminders that he’s going to be the Penguin almost seem low key whenever the soon-to-be Riddler takes the screen, prefacing his every line with a cheeky question. Or when the young Selina Kyle talks about how she can see in the dark like a cat (which is new to me). I am dreading how the show will use the recently cast Harvey Dent - he’s almost two decades out from being Two-Face, but I imagine they’ll shove that shit right in our one-faces every chance they get.

And then there’s young Bruce Wayne, hanging out in his own weird TV show. In a show full of bad ideas having young Bruce Wayne in every episode could be the worst. Last week we saw Baby Batman self-harming, listening to death metal and drawing severed heads - these are the sort of things that work in cheeky web comics and don’t really work on the screen. Batman’s tortured psychology is the least interesting thing about him, but that’s all Gotham cares about when it comes to the character.

It’s all a bummer because Gotham is so well cast. Robin Lord Taylor single-handedly elevates the Cobblepot storyline, and I’d rather see him get his own show than have him wander in and out of scenes looking for people to kill for their shoes. He’s being wasted in this morass. Also wasted: Ben McKenzie as James Gordon, a cop trying to do the right thing. He’s a good actor with an interesting role that keeps getting overshadowed by the silliness around him.

Most of the rest of the cast is really good as well. Donal Logue is a perfect Harvey Bullock, Sean Pertwee is a fresh take on Alfred and while I can’t say I like Jada Pinkett-Smith’s Eartha Kitt impersonation, she’s keeping the club-bound Fish Mooney more interesting than the writers have. And even the guest stars are great: so far they’ve had Dan Bakkedahl, Lili Taylor and Frank Whaley.

Wasting those actors isn’t the show’s weirdest sin, though. The weirdest thing Gotham does wrong is that it has no long game; this is a series designed to go about ten to fifteen years, and yet by the end of the third episode you feel like it’s already set up half the pieces it needs. If there’s a Balloonman vigilante fifteen years before Batman - one who warns that more vigilantes are coming! - how many will fill the streets of Gotham before the Dark Knight himself shows up? With the ramped up weirdness and the pending vigilante streak, Gotham posits Batman as just yet another weird character to show up in Gotham City.

That lack of long game also makes you wonder how the producers plan to make the show last without spinning their wheels endlessly. The pilot saw Penguin left for dead and exiled from the city; in a show with a long game he might have spent a season or two elsewhere, establishing a power base for his return to his hometown. Gotham has him back two episodes later, the entire exile feeling like a distraction. So many of the major players have already been introduced and put into place that the promise of Gotham seems to be that we’re going to wait and wait and wait for these characters to get to the familiar points in their arcs.

A better version of Gotham would have come out the gate straighter. Have Gotham be on the brink of total corruption, caught between the warring Maroni and Falcone families. Bring in a Batman villain every few episodes, or only twice a season, and start with a character like Zsasz, the serial killer. Fill the rest of the show with police business and mafia intrigue. Go into the mafia families more. Have young Jim Gordon be an optimistic cop who maybe sides with a young, hopeful politician to clean up Gotham, and have the show be about the tragedy of that politician coming to power and betraying his friend and the city and becoming corrupt. Over the course of the seasons have the weirdness factor increase. Have the cops of GCPD react to the growing strangeness of their city. And most importantly, Bruce Wayne can’t be near any of it. He’s out of the story now.

Instead we have a show that begins one step below Dick Tracy and gives itself nowhere to go. At this point I’m not even sure that Gotham can really course correct; can its tone be fixed when it’s already this cartoony? I likely won’t be watching to find out. "
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I actually agree with most of these:

'Gotham': 7 ways it could be better
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved last night's episode.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This show just sounds awful. I got Mad Men to finish, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad to start...Gotham, you don't make the cut. It sounds like Batman Forever stretched into an 18 hour borefest. Sounds like they're ruining batman like Zombie ruined Michael Myers :'(
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't watch it, Matt. You especially will find it repulsive.

I stopped watching it, haven't seen the last two episodes.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They can't ruin Batman because he's not in the show. I'm not sure what the long term plans are but I hope he doesn't even make an appearance. Ideally, the final scene will be Bruce putting on the cowl and stepping out.

I thought the last episode was great minus Barbara being Barbara. The twist at the end and the scene with Victor at the GPD was great. Not necessarily the shoot out but what his presence there means about the state of Gotham. Penguin stole the show, though I think he always does. The way he goes from clumsy to pure mean in a second is incredible.

Barbara is becoming more and more like Lori from TWD. So annoying. Alfred though...what a kick-ass character.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

When Zsasz cleared the police department, I was impressed but also incredibly disappointed. What a bunch of vaginas.

Penguin is excellent.

Country
    Country Flag

Loved last night's episode.
    Me too. Definitely one of the best of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    They can't ruin Batman because he's not in the show. I'm not sure what the long term plans are but I hope he doesn't even make an appearance.
    Yeah, I'm not even missing Batman at this point. They could really just write off Bruce and I wouldn't mind (though the actor is very good).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Alfred and Penguin stole the show again. I'm not sure about this but isn't Alfred ex-SAS? I know he slapped the shit out of Batman (not Bruce) in some comic but last night was pretty hard core.

Country
    Country Flag

Great mid-season finale.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So is everyone else really excited with what DC is doing not just with their own cinematic universe, but also the TV universe. Gotham is great but I wasn't paying that much attention to Arrow, but now with The Flash and the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow it's really evolving into something really cool. Throw in Supergirl and this really has the chance of becoming a very interesting universe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast