Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Supermoon/Bloodmoon

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Supermoon/Bloodmoon

The eclipse of the Supermoon is 99% complete.

We have a light cloud layer which interferes a bit but it is still visible.

I'd love to be able to see it with clear skies though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Missed it completely - it's been overcast and raining the entire night here.

Got a call last night from Mom, advising me " not to look at the blood Moon, as those who do it, are unable to sleep".
    Ummm, yes? If I'm looking at the moon, I'm definitely not sleeping.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did. My spot in the world was considered PRIME viewing. Clear skies... pretty cool... wasn't BLOWN away but pretty cool none the less.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was cool.

As the eclipse progressed, the moon slowly disappeared until it was completely dark. Perhaps it was the light clouds, but I couldn't see the moon at all. It then slowly turned red until it was again a full moon but a dim dark red like drying blood.

I can now understand why people sacrificed virgins to appease the gods.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could have seen it, but a cloud layer blocked it most of the time.

John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it...then I didn't...then I did again...then I didn't.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Watched it last night, I thought it was pretty cool. We had perfectly clear skies for it. I was wondering when it was going to turn red, and about a little after half way thru you could see the other half of the moon turning a faint red which only got brighter as the rest disappeared. I didn't hear about it till that day though so I wasn't prepared with my telephoto lens, so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...and sadly I broke my tripod and my urologist was out of town.

Thank you!

I'll be here all week!

Try the veal!

But seriously...it is broken. The low light shots are tough without it. It was a good show for great shots!

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed it was reddish when it was about a quarter eclipsed. The "Blood Moon" aspect really hit at full eclipse though.

I should have been prepared too. I have a telescope that I haven't used in a while.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

It was pretty cool. It was very red here in DE. None of my photos came out though.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No pics here either - but we did get a nice view out here in kelowna, B.C. - while on vacation

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    No pics here either - but we did get a nice view out here in kelowna, B.C. - while on vacation

Before Christ!?!?! Just how old are you???

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yes...and sadly I broke my tripod and my urologist was out of town.

Thank you!

I'll be here all week!

Try the veal!

But seriously...it is broken. The low light shots are tough without it. It was a good show for great shots!
    My tripod broke too

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an epidemic!!

I got stuck in a brier patch (if you call 3 acres a patch) and had to use it as a machete to get out.

What happened to yours, Heather?

Nothing too exciting. I was readjusting the height of my tripod and one of the snaps clipped I'm hoping I can take it somewhere to get it fixed. It's still usable as long as I don't extend the legs.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL...yes...but that is hell on the back. I know the issue. Those clips are so cheaply made! As if you only take ONE pic at full extension. LOL

I should design my own! I already have the perfect idea.