Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tdt.org - mobile

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope it works well for everyone that uses it.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been using it since yesterday and so far I like it. It definitely takes a mindset shift because it's so different, but it's working well so far. The app has some pretty bad reviews on the app store, but I haven't experienced any of the crashes described.

I have a question though for those who are using it, have you activated the push notifications? It makes everything almost like a text message experience when something new is posted on the forum, and so easy to quickly reply. I like it, but see myself being even more connected to the forum than I am already. Not complaining, but I'm not going to get any work done! I've silenced the notifications for now because every time something is posted, I get an alert.

Also, what is the best way to unsubscribe from the email notifications? I don't need both email and app notifications. As far as I can tell, in the forum Settings > Subscriptions you have to select the thread and select "delete subscription". Is that right? I don't see any unsubscribe options.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I've been using it since yesterday and so far I like it. It definitely takes a mindset shift because it's so different, but it's working well so far. The app has some pretty bad reviews on the app store, but I haven't experienced any of the crashes described.

I have a question though for those who are using it, have you activated the push notifications? It makes everything almost like a text message experience when something new is posted on the forum, and so easy to quickly reply. I like it, but see myself being even more connected to the forum than I am already. Not complaining, but I'm not going to get any work done! I've silenced the notifications for now because every time something is posted, I get an alert.

Also, what is the best way to unsubscribe from the email notifications? I don't need both email and app notifications. As far as I can tell, in the forum Settings > Subscriptions you have to select the thread and select "delete subscription". Is that right? I don't see any unsubscribe options.
    Ha! you think you got problems, my wrist keeps vibrating and showing me things like this:

Work, Shmirk...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as I enjoy the technologies of today (I even make a living in this industry), I still miss those simpler days before cell phones and other modern day gadgets. Sigh...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try:
    Settings
    List subscriptions
    Select and edit selections

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I got it figured out. I went with the View only in control panel option.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll wait until the site offers a mobile version. The reviews have scared me off.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I'll wait until the site offers a mobile version. The reviews have scared me off.
    I'm not thrilled with the app, but it is an added bonus for members who want to use it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Been using it for two days now and I like it so far. Time will tell.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you can also give the ipad version a try, i like the view even more then smartphone

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to delete the app after it kept going off all night... Every time you reply to a thread on here it adds it to your subscriptions then when people reply to it my phone buzzes...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I had to delete the app after it kept going off all night... Every time you reply to a thread on here it adds it to your subscriptions then when people reply to it my phone buzzes...
    You can turn that off - in settings "Push Notification' - set to off.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

At first I found the notifications annoying but now I actually like them. And as Simon says, you can turn them off or even just silence them. I really like the app. Before I would log into the forum periodically throughout the day. Now I'm basically connected all the time. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

It's also so quick and easy to reply to posts. Just like a text message basically. The other day I discovered that you can send and receive PM's right from the app. And today I discovered multi-quote. Pretty cool.

If you're a TDT forum junkie, then the app is perfect for you.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am on my iPhone and dont see any difference at all compared to the desktop version.
    Was the vbulletin plugin desactivated?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you download the app? It's working great for me. I use it almost exclusively now.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am on my iPhone and dont see any difference at all compared to the desktop version.
    Was the vbulletin plugin desactivated?
    No, you need to download an app called TapaTalk. this allows you to access the site content in a more mobile-centric way.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's working perfectly!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    It's working perfectly!
    See how valuable your membership is! All of this for only $75 a year.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's working perfectly!
    Next year I will donate an little extra to tdt just because of this plugin & app. It's a 'game changer'. It's one of those things where I can safely say, I don't know how I managed without it. Thanks to Priest for suggesting it and RF for adding the plugin.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's working perfectly!
    Next year I will donate an little extra to tdt just because of this plugin & app. It's a 'game changer'. It's one of those things where I can safely say, I don't know how I managed without it. Thanks to Priest for suggesting it and RF for adding the plugin.

...And that is why, El Jefe is!! TMIDITW!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only 8 people using it?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only 8 people using it?
    LOL LOL Niels. somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning? Seems like the third or fourth post where you're griping. Rough night last night? LOL J/K around

Spoiler:
    Only teasing. No offense intended.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I'll STFU myself......… LOL!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll STFU myself......… LOL!

No, by all means let it out. Ain't good to hold it in. You should feel better after shooting me one of these.....

Spoiler:
    LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

And, WTF, do you really think us Dutch eat cornflakes in the morning!? If you said peanut butter with chocolate sprinkles, you could be right. But for me not in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast