Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    I hate it when you're too far from the top to go for first, but too far from the bottom to go for last. Mediocrity sucks.
    Welcome to my world!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not trying for last. But I believe that's where I'm at.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! Win or lose - at least there's turkey!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I am in the lead!!!! (For a little while at least.)

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That didn't last long.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had the lead for the first 8 weeks or so - then it has been down hill since then...just like my eagles

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved the guy who took Dallas with a score of 99-2.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What can I say? I'm a huge Cowboys fan living in the DC area. Oh, and in my score scenario the Redskins didn't earn the 2 points. The Cowboys gave it to them, like a chick throwing you a mercy fuck.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

What can I say? I'm a huge Cowboys fan living in the DC area. Oh, and in my score scenario the Redskins didn't earn the 2 points. The Cowboys gave it to them, like a chick throwing you a mercy fuck.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I would have picked the Cowboys... oh well. That might be the last time I could have picked them to win (except for when they play Washington again, that is.)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rough week for me again....just when I thought I was in striking distance of a trophy position, I'm slip-slidin' away.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Rough week for me again....just when I thought I was in striking distance of a trophy position, I'm slip-slidin' away.

Join me in the "Mediocre side", Luke!!! (I mean, Bill) LOL

Spoiler:
    Actually, I think that this year I am flirting with losing my "Mediocre" status and going on to full fledged "Stink-a-Roo" status!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quite a race with 3 weeks to go!!!!! Make your moves. I recognize all but one of the names, except the second Spencer (Spencer 516) and our leader John (Oxcy8 ). I'm wondering if this is Jon? Anyone want to lay claim? Without verification that they are DT members here, they are not qualified to win.

1 John 133
    2* doh 129
    2* SkippyD023 129
    4 sharki69 128
    5* Spencer 127
    5* BedofRoses 127
    5* Joe315 127
    8 windnwaves (gersto)126
    9* Spencer516 125
    9* RubeCoe (RUBE) 125
    11 Thedarktower (Randall Flagg) 124

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really screwed up this week dropping from fifth and four games back to ninth and eight games back.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I really screwed up this week dropping from fifth and four games back to ninth and eight games back.

Welcome to the "Mediocre side"!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NeedfulKings -- John/Oxcy8 is Johnny007 on the site. I took 2014 off but before that I was one of the best mediocre members picking winners! I hope I can maintain my recent success for another 3 weeks. Time will tell. Good luck, though!

Best,
    John

Country
    Country Flag

Cool! Duh on my part - I should have known. Best of luck down the stretch!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    NeedfulKings -- John/Oxcy8 is Johnny007 on the site. I took 2014 off but before that I was one of the best mediocre members picking winners! I hope I can maintain my recent success for another 3 weeks. Time will tell. Good luck, though!

Best,
    John
    Damn, just when I thought a DQ would give me a chance...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crossing my fingers for last! lol Just hoping divemaster and spaceman don't pick worse (better) than I do . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Quite a few tight races!!!! Make your move!

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Crossing my fingers for last! lol Just hoping divemaster and spaceman don't pick worse (better) than I do . . .
    That's hard to do when you get a 1!

I tried though.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

One week to go and here we are - 1st and Last Places looks close to being a lock, but you never know!!! 2nd and 3rd places are very tight and anyone can be in or out with one wrong pick!!!

1 Johnny007 156
    2* Joe315 151
    2* SkippyD023 151
    3 Spencer 150
    4 BedofRoses 149
    5 doh 147
    6* RubeCoe (RUBE) 146
    6* windnwaves (gersto)146
    6* sharki69 146
    7 Thedarktower (Randall Flagg) 145

22 gsvec 110 (Last place leader)

Notice: All players should check back here for a special announcement when the final results are posted. It's not an "epic" announcement, but worth checking in on.

Good luck on Sunday!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - what a crazy final Sunday!!! We have an unprecidented 7 trophy winners. We had the option of using tiebreakers, but the winners clawed their way up and down the ranks - they should be rewarded!

Unofficial results

First Place!

Johnny007

Second Place

BedofRoses
    Spencer
    Joe315
    SkippyD023

Third Place

doh

And our Last Place Winner!

gsvec

Also - in recognition of the 10th season of the Dark Tower NFL Pick Contest, we will be creating an anniversary token that will be available, free of charge, to our faithful. It will be made available to those who fully participated in this anniversary season and to those who are past trophy winners. Please check back here soon for details.

Thanks for a wonderful season!!!!!!

Bill and Jeanne

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And a VERY special "No one but Spencer has ever had a 16 game week" token!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Wow, congrats to all the winners! Crazy final day for sure, but fun, too!

Thanks again to Bill for putting on this contest every year. It's so much fun to be a part of it.
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast