Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Find the Word... the sequel

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Find the Word... the sequel

011618-1E-3424 []_
    100114-04-3550 []_
    012107-01-3636 []_
    100114-02-3374 []_
    012107-15-3647 _[]
    040503-0B-3430 _[]
    150320-1F-3510 []_
    040503-07-3373 _[]
    130125-1D-3376 []_
    100114-1D-3505 _[]

This one is a little harder in my book. Let's start with no clues yet and see where this gets us.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Progress...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Progress...
    Very nice, you are on the path of the beam.
    Spoiler:
    I assumed you would get set 2 and 3 not 1 lol

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

trying to narrow down what it is im looking for....

Are the individual rows King related? and do they provide a pointer to a word (or Words) once the full line is readable?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hint 1
    Spoiler:
    Each row points to something that is not King related, and usually abbreviated to two letters

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hint 2 please - need a pointer for the 3rd set of numbers. it's not ascii, it's not hex, i'm pretty sure its not octal. I feel its code for a year, but drawing a blank.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm this is a hart hint to give.
    Hint 2

Simon is very close.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So, thats really annoying and is down to my own stupidity and laziness...

Spoiler:
    Octal was my first thought and i made the mistake of doing it my head which gave an answer (clearly wrong) which looked nothing like a year Based on that I went off on complete tangents.

Ok so Octal it is, which gives us:

Apr 30 1812
    Jan 04 1896
    Aug 01 1950
    Jan 02 1788
    Aug 21 1959
    Dec 11 1816
    Oct 31 1864
    Dec 07 1787
    May 29 1790
    Jan 29 1861

Being a non - US citizen, these dates didn't exactly leap out at me and having briefly considered 1812 overtures, I hit upon states entering the union - US states are commonly abbreviated to 2 letters - BINGO!

now we have:
    Apr 30 1812 Louisiana (LA)
    Jan 04 1896 Utah (UT)
    Aug 01 1950 Guam (GU) (actually a territory...)
    Jan 02 1788 Georgia (GA)
    Aug 21 1959 Hawaii (HI)
    Dec 11 1816 Indiana (IN)
    Oct 31 1864 Nevada (NV)
    Dec 07 1787 Delaware (DE)
    May 29 1790 Rhode Island (RI)
    Jan 29 1861 Kansas (KS)

LUGGINNERS is an anagram of...

GUNSLINGER

phew!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

More info...

Spoiler:

Anyone looking at this and wondering how those lines convert to dates, you need to look at the 3 separate sets.

011618-1E-3424

011618 is actually 3 separate numbers 01 16 18 which is a letter by alphabetical sequence 01 = A 16 = P 18 = R

1E is Hexadecimal which is Base 16, which goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F so 1E = (1 x 16) + (E [14]) = 30 in base 10 (Decimal)

3424 is Octal which converts to decimal like this (3×8³)+(4×8²)+(2×8¹)+(4×8⁰) = 1812 (Tip - don't do this in your head!)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very very nice!!! I am amazed at your patience to do these. I had my friend try this and he couldn't figure out the first set.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Very very nice!!! I am amazed at your patience to do these. I had my friend try this and he couldn't figure out the first set.
    I'm a sucker for puzzles and have enjoyed cryptography since I was very young. certain number sequences just leap out at me.

I have an idea for one, I'll post in a while. Looks like just you and me playing anyway

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Spoiler:
    (Tip - don't do this in your head!)

Spoiler:
    Are you kidding? My head nearly exploded just reading your explaination!

+ Reply to Thread