Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: JReitan47

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Here's some new adds from the last couple weeks.

Another proof to the collection:

A new promo counter standee, this one for the Shining mini-series promoting a contest:

And I acquired quite a few items from a former Waldenbooks store manager who happened to save most of his King advertising memorabilia over the years in his attic...counter standees, posters, industry mags featuring King on the cover (VERY RARE!), ceiling hangers, and lots of flyers/ephemera from Signet that I haven't photographed yet:

~Jonathan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Very cool stuff.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supercool new stuff, big congrats !!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, they are awesome. Congrats...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Love all the promo stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Super cool finds, Jonathan!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Been lucky in finding some UK anthologies lately...The Shadows II paperback comes direct from Charles L. Grant's collection, bought it from his wife. (Sadly, not signed)

And I'm still a big collector of horror fiction zines, just got these in today. I have a few hundred now and am always looking for more in case anyone wants to part with any!

~Jonathan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice!
    His wife is one of my all-time favorite authors.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Added some goodies this week:

-I'll be reviewing NIGHT SHIFT and BEST OF SHIVERS. I've been a huge fan of the SHIVERS series from the very start and still have my multi-autographed copies from the mass autograph signings at HorrorFind Convention in Baltimore all those years ago. The NIGHT SHIFT interior art is amazing!!

-Some more magazines for my covers collection and a near mint rare paperback anthology appearance of "THE MONKEY".

-It's not easy trying to be a King Completeist, but it's sure fun trying to track down all the various anthologies, non-fiction books and recipe books King has contributed to over the years!
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice adds!
    Thank you, Sir!
    ~Jonathan

A quarantine project this last weekend had me re-organizing my King magazine collection into sections of Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Interviews, chronological in each section of course. This doesn't include newsletters, newspapers, and my 250+ covers collection of mags featuring King or his work on the cover.

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Crazy collection. Nice.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I was going to wait to show you some of these framed, but it looks like my custom frame company has my orders back logged until the end of June so here they are unframed!

I'm crazy right with collecting book promo posters and event posters (which are super hard to find!).

~Jonathan

You're crazy all right, but in a good way! Great stuff!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    A quarantine project this last weekend had me re-organizing my King magazine collection into sections of Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Interviews, chronological in each section of course. This doesn't include newsletters, newspapers, and my 250+ covers collection of mags featuring King or his work on the cover.

Awesome stuff Jon!
    My wife would LOVE me to have my stuff sorted that tidily. But I dont have enough space and the bottom shelves are basically piling on top of each other
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit. You're basically a library..! looks amazing. (Saw your proof of Best of Shivers - hopefully the final is not far away!)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT STUFF !!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome stuff!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

It's been a couple months since I've posted, but stuff is coming in every day just about. Been busy with refinancing the house (more money for King!!), doing some home updates and trying to enjoy the outdoors in this nice Oregon weather. I lurk every day but again, can't sign in while at work during the day (work computer blocks it!....bastards). So here's some fun updates from this crazy King completeist!

Some additions to the Firsts & Limiteds collection. Only a couple more Cemetery Dance gift editions and I'll finally have them all! The Salem's Lot hardback was a cheapie find, the newly rereleased Doubleday hardback with a glow in the dark cover (it really glows). Was happy to finally find a good UK Christine 1st, now I'm only missing Cujo, Danse Macabre and then the 4 early titles.

Acquired a nice George Beahm collection this month. Bought some lettered editions of SK COMPANION, BOOGEYMAN, SK COUNTRY and a s/l of SK COLLECTIBLES and the very rare one of 10 proofs for that title from Mike P. I used to have some of these titles when they were originally released and purchased direct from Beahm through the old fashioned mail order flyers he would send out. Had to sell them years ago so I'm happy to finally own them once again.

As always, I'm always on the hunt for more King short fiction & non-fiction appearances and have quite a bit more coming in the next week. Ignore the pic of "Baseball You Gave Me The Best Years of My Life"...I bought it thinking it contained a reprint of "Brooklyn August" but it's not in this edition! Oh well...was a cheapie..

It was a Danse Macabre month for me! Not only did I find a mint condition original paperback, but the very rare advance promo plastic bag AND the ever harder to find promo poster of which I only know of one other in a private collection. I was thinking the poster came folded, but it's actually affixed to a very sturdy board. Not how it was originally sent out, but I'm still VERY happy with this find.

And finally, some other fun items. A very rare interview and cover feature of King in Maine Times from 1986 (been looking for this for YEARS), a really cool cover feature of King on the San Francisco Chronicle with an IT review, and the 1989 version of the "Note From Stephen King" that had been missing from my collection.

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice adds, Jonathan! Is the new 'Salem's cover a 1st printing? Several I have seen are not and was wondering if there are any out there.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, great pics! I love that SK Collectibles proof! Nice haul!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Big congrats Jonathan !!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast