if you read a number of them in a row i can see that, some of them apparently in recent years have become more adult apparently i haven't read those so i can't say how good or how bad those are to be fair. one of my all time favorite Authors is John Saul and if you read a number of his books they can pretty much blend together as well cause he's as far as i know have a theme where there's a family with a teenager who goes ape shit sometimes in the last one i read the teenager was blamed for killing his grandmother, his GF as well though he was actually innocent. than there's some of his books where the Teenager does actually turn evil. the one i read called Nightshade (2000) is different than the norm that he would write. but you read enough of his book they have that theme. so that's why i don't read them one after another generally.

though the blackstone Chronicles a series he wrote in (1997) same year as the Green mile was really vastly different as well. it came in 6 parts like the green mile and both are fantastic books. as for Anthony i guess he's a matter of taste i suppose. A Spell for Chameleon (1977) has never been among my favorites but it is a good one. Ogre, Ogre, (1982) i really loved and has always been among my favorites. than you have Question Quest (1991) which is book #14 and it's The good Magician Humphrey's Bio pretty much it tells the story of his life and that's my favorite Xanth novel