Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright Becca just for you.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about everyone else, but that's the one I like best (the first option).
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree option 1

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that as well - the one on the left - I presume that's option #1

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agree on option one as well

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So I am going to need someone to post the size of the trade HC so I can confirm fit for that before I can send the plate off to Jeff for this as well. The sooner someone can post that I can make final adjustments and both plates will be in Jeffs hands.

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm going with title running down the spine with author across.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I measure 9 7/16 H x 6 7/16 W x 1 3/8 D with a Brodart... if someone wants to verify that'd be great.

This is for the US trade.

Traveler Gilberthuey is on a distinguished road

Default Spelling

I am interested in a slipcase for the SubPress edition and the trade edition. Note (not being rude) but Weir is misspelled in some of the concept images.

Traveler Gilberthuey is on a distinguished road

I am interested in a slipcase for The Martian SubPress edition and the trade edition. Note (not being rude) but Weir is misspelled in some of your concept images.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gilberthuey View Post
    I am interested in a slipcase for The Martian SubPress edition and the trade edition. Note (not being rude) but Weir is misspelled in some of your concept images.
    Not rude at all. Good catch.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Very good catch... I wasn't even paying attention to the spelling.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! Can you tell I am a developer lol I can't spell worth a shit.

EDIT: Here is the corrected plate. (Fuzzy because it is just a screen shot)
    I just did final checks and it will fit the Trade and 1/1 so works as a double plate again.

I am going to send it off to Jeff so we can start.
    -J

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just an update Jeff and I have been going back and forth for a few days now on the plates. For some reason on my computer is shows one size then when I print it it prints bigger. No big deal just don't trust computer rulers. The fun part was when I sent it to him and he printed it we got another size still. We have figured stuff out and it should be going off to the plate makers today.

Country
    Country Flag

What program do you use? If you have Illustrator or a vector based program, that is extremely accurate.

(I'm just guessing that maybe the DPI is a factor in the size discrepancy if you are using a photo editing program?)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad you said that. I was going crazy trying to explain the DPI differences to Jeff lol. I use a freeware called InkScape that is great for vectors but Jeff usually needs it in PDF form so on the conversion it requires a DPI and I just leave it default. Then opening in Adobe caused skew issues (I think there was an error in the Font download) but if I opened in my browser it looked just fine. I think the size issues came mostly from me printing on an industrial printer with Jeff probably on a home printer (different DPIs). Sorry that was really nerdy...

In the end no matter where we printed the image help the correct ratio and still fit on both cases for the trade and S/L so we are good to go! Plates should be back in 3 days then he will send me the test fit cases and afterward all will be ready for order. So hopefully by the 1st we should have everything ready for order.

Country
    Country Flag

Just for the skew issue... if you convert to outlines and then make your PDF, that shouldn't happen.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It was almost as it the vector was trying to compensate for getting larger by making the lines thicker which is usual but it only made some of them thicker and tapered them into thinner lines. Looked wonky

Country
    Country Flag

Weird... maybe the scale strokes & effects was off?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea. It was only weird with Adobe, it worked when I opened it in Chrome or Mozilla.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright Becca this update is mostly for you. We are doing a test case and then once confirmed we will open the flood gates for ordering. Not quite yet.
    From Jeff,
    The plates are back and I have done some test prints, all looking good the holo is working

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!!

;)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I don't recall seeing it: Will this new case also fit the UK S/L HC?

Country
    Country Flag

I know the UK edition is a different size.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I don't recall seeing it: Will this new case also fit the UK S/L HC?
    It all depends on the width of the book. Basically how thick is the spine I know Jeff confirmed it will work for the UK 1/1 so as long as the spine is greater than 1 1/8 I think then you are good to go. When we are ready you can email just saying you want this plate on a case and send him the dimensions of the book and he will make it.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the test cases from Jeff. One they make it across the pond and I can confirm fit they will be open to orders. The Red with White/Yellow is one that he made for himself to fit the UK 1/1 of the book. If you want different color combos feel free to shoot an email to him at time of order with what you are looking for.
    -Josh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast