Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Lol! Looking forward to getting that 1st Ed. signed too. See you tonight, Chad!
    Have fun and enjoy the event !

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMMF View Post

Left to right:
    #362 of 1000 - signed
    First Printing - unsigned
    #196 of 750 -signed
    Nice Patrick. I should have my signed US copy soon and hopefully the lettered will show up shortly.
    Confused? Are these books going to JAMMF or Becca??? Because I have a way different address for JAMMF - somewhere is Scotland - I just need to know where I should be shipping some signed books that i might be getting tonight...
    Rebecca and I are super close. You can just send them to her to save on shipping. Plus they never travel back in time too well! I hate bumped corners
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Lol! Looking forward to getting that 1st Ed. signed too. See you tonight, Chad!
    Have fun and enjoy the event !
    Thanks!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Warming up for Andy Weir earlier this evening:

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well Patrick was quicker than me posting some pics - it was a great evening. Here are some photos to whet your whistle....well at least figure out what RF was doing tonight:

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And as for the books:

Country
    Country Flag

And a few others for members here - soon to be in their hands:

oh and another one just flat signed for Eric - must have missed that photo...

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome ! Congrats chad and Patrick

Looks like fun event

Country
    Country Flag

It was a fun evening. Andy was very nice and engaging. The bookstore owners who ran the event were very nice. The whole purchasing ticket thing before hand was a bit odd - we all ended up getting everything signed. Looking back on it I didn't need to buy so many extra tickets - since they never held fast on the one ticket per item signed. But realistically there were only a handful of people with more than 1 book (can you guess who?).

The talk and q&a started around 6:30 - that lasted little over an hour - and the signing started at about 7:40. There were probably a little over 100 people there. Our group got our books signed early. I got all 5 books I needed to get signed (and purchased tickets for). The line went quickly (no posed photos). So patrick and I went to end of line (only two who went through twice) to get our extra 2 books each signed. They were cool about that. We were done by 8:15 - since by the time I said goodbye to everyone, got to the car and started on the 95 minute ride home - I was home just before 10.

Oh, and our little group was able to head over to a little Mexican place - had some nice food, beer and margarita's before the event; doors opened at 5:30 and we strolled in about 6:10 after food - and had plenty of seating. And there was a guy in the audience who let us all know that he was friends with buzz aldrin - and sent him an email during the talk - asking if he saw the movie - and got a reply - and let us all know - during the event.

Now just looking forward to the next local event, hoping it will be for The Fireman release somewhere in the city in the spring.

Oh, and there were no extras, nothing really from the bookstore or museum even talking or advertising for the event, just talk and signing - and that was plenty.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a great time!

Patrick - what were you drinking with a straw??

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good summary of the evening, Chad. What the heck was Jerome up to?

Chad had the unique idea of bringing the S/L's, so we both did, and I had the not-so-original idea to have Andy inscribe the book's opening line, so we did that too. I'll post a few book photos tonight too.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMMF View Post
    Sounds like a great time!

Patrick - what were you drinking with a straw??
    I was drinking a margarita. It was pretty good for being served in a flower pot!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Chad and Andy

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you guys had a great time - also happy that he was able to sign more than one book.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Long night, but I'm up and have my coffee, so I can relate a bit of yesterdays event.
    The wife and I arrived a few hours early in Los Gatos. Had a chance to check out the venue and visit the bookstore that was sponsoring the event.
    Patrick, Taunya, and Chad around 5pm. We went for a bite to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. Of course Patrick ordered an entire bottle of tequila:

Two posts up is a picture of Patrick, Chad, and myself.

Taunya, Patrick, and Chad:

We arrived at the venue about 20 minutes before the scheduled start time of 6:30 PM. The had a nice temporary setup in a small recently opened museum. As we were waiting for the event to begin, I was in the lobby and took a pic of the lady who owns the bookstore:

I asked the man in the Tam hat when was Weir going to arrive. He turned around and said "I'm here right now, and will start in one minute". I managed to get a quick picture with him just before he took the stage:

Weir talked for a bit over 30 minutes then did another 30 minutes of Q&A before signing books.

Weir was kind enough to sign all the books people brought.

Country
    Country Flag

I still think RF shoulda got him to sign the helmet.

Country
    Country Flag

Is that a left over from your days at NASA Jerome??

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The astronaut suit was the highlight of the evening. Look at Andy's grin!

Country
    Country Flag

I though he was going to ask Andy for some candy too

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Long night, but I'm up and have my coffee, so I can relate a bit of yesterdays event.
    The wife and I arrived a few hours early in Los Gatos. Had a chance to check out the venue and visit the bookstore that was sponsoring the event.
    Patrick, Taunya, and Chad around 5pm. We went for a bite to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. Of course Patrick ordered an entire bottle of tequila:
    But Patrick doesn't drink!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Look what came in today!

I'm really bummed that I missed out on this initially and then the last 25 that they sold just a few days ago. It's a great looking book!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...so nobody gave him a bag of spuds?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone did at an earlier signing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast