Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Andy Weir

I know he only has one book, but he seems to be a popular author here amongst those that have read The Martian and there are two (that I know of) collectible editions of the book and a movie due out this fall. With that said, here's my Andy Weir collection so far. I also have a lettered and limited edition on preorder from SP; will add pictures of those when the eventually arrive.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Here are my two copies. I have an S/L coming from subpress as well.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the books Joe!

Unrelated, but I think this is the original PDF Andy Weir released when fans were asking for something they could put on an eReader. I haven't read it, so not sure how much it differs (if at all) from the published book. Thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for a copy.

http://www.misterswift.com/iSTEM/The...ndy%20Weir.pdf
    Wanted:

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I almost bought the self published version way back when. Wish I had now.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice books. I just have a s/l coming from sub press. Gotta thank Shac for letting me know Andy will be out west later in the year - October 29th - right around the movie release. It's only a short 110 minute drive - but I've already taken the day off (and the next day) - already called and placed an rsvp. Also managed to get an unsigned 1/1 - on its way. So I'm psyched that I'll get to meet him and have my book signed. I've tried to get the UK s/n - but too late on that train.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Nice books. I just have a s/l coming from sub press. Gotta thank Shac for letting me know Andy will be out west later in the year - October 29th - right around the movie release. It's only a short 110 minute drive - but I've already taken the day off (and the next day) - already called and placed an rsvp. Also managed to get an unsigned 1/1 - on its way. So I'm psyched that I'll get to meet him and have my book signed. I've tried to get the UK s/n - but too late on that train.
    Very jealous! That sounds like it's going to be a great time. I just subscribed to his newsletter; hopefully he'll come out to NYC sometime soon
    Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Very jealous! That sounds like it's going to be a great time. I just subscribed to his newsletter; hopefully he'll come out to NYC sometime soon
    I subscribed to same newsletter:

http://www.andyweirauthor.com/events

Looks like only 3 events listed for this year and 1 early next. Also he seems to be pretty active on his Facebook page. Although I hate most forms of social media and stay off the "look at me sites" - see what I've been dong, does that make you feel any better or worse about your life? Come on let's be friends...sorry don't know what got into me (yes I do).

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Its still on my 1/1 signed wish list... Nice book! A must read!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have the US first

and the preview movie poster

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice books everyone.

Here is my collection - all SIGNED. First U.S. trade, U.S. proof, UK limited

And of course the Hebrew edition...

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I have the signed/limited UK HC.

John F. Kennedy wordslingers will become famous soon enough wordslingers's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Very nice books everyone.

Here is my collection - all SIGNED. First U.S. trade, U.S. proof, UK limited

And of course the Hebrew edition...

Woah, I really like the Hebrew cover!!

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

If i buy a new UK edition now, what ~ is the actual printrun? Thanks!

My Mood
    Devilish

Ordered the s/l from subterrean yesterday. I thought they were already sold?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Ordered the s/l from subterrean yesterday. I thought they were already sold?
    The lettered edition sold out almost instantly, but as you saw, the s/l is still available. They released the cover the other day.

Wanted:

My Mood
    Devilish

I though the s/l also was sold days after gone online. So i was happy to get one yesterday. probably i just was blind before ;-)

Country
    Country Flag

heres a link to one of the signing events in los gatos - near end of October:

http://villagehouseofbooks.com

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How good is this book guys out of 10?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

5 to 6...I believe I am in the minority on this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

And here is why I tend to believe that score... The book/ movie feels like you can tell what is going to happen from start to finish.... No surprises or twists... I could be wrong but that's what I see... Hence why I asked.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

And here is why I tend to believe that score... The book/ movie feels like you can tell what is going to happen from start to finish.... No surprises or twists... I could be wrong but that's what I see... Hence why I asked.
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd say 8/10.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Tough book to read if you aren't science/math minded. 6/10.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Agree, but I can see how the movie becomes blockbuster

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally started reading it. I've been slightly bored by all the highly detailed technical explanations. But I'm getting through it and will pass final judgement when I'm done.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I will say I did enjoy it in a way. The book however was similar to watching Macgyver. My biggest issue was most off the characters had the same voice. They all sounded and shared too many similarities with the protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast