Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just noticed this

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Just noticed this

I'm doing a reread (relisten) of Drawing of the Three right now. Spoilers with a question:

Spoiler:
    When Roland is in Eddie's head in the plane, he takes a quarter from Eddie's world into his. Then he tries to take a shell from Roland's world into Eddie's. The quarter returns to Eddie's world, but the shell stays in Roland's world. The implication being Roland can't take things into Eddie's world (I think). YET, mere hours later we see Roland stepping through the door with Eddie, taking his guns (and bullets) with him into Eddie's world during the big shoot out at the Leaning Tower. And then many times after that we see Roland going through doors, taking his guns and other gunna with him into other worlds. Sooooo, what was the point in King showing us that Roland can't take the shell into Eddie's world if he turns around had has Roland taking guns, bullets, etc into his world just mere hours later? Is it a mistake, OR is the implication that Roland can't take things into Eddie's world when he's in Eddie's head and not and entire entity?

Never caught that before, but I can't stop wondering about that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's because when he went through the door the first time he was actually going into Eddy's mind, where as the second time when they had the big shoot out he was Roland of Gilead, and he came as himself That is what I take from it anyway, as you say he can't take things into the other world unless he goes through with them.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

^
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    It is because while in the plane, the quarter may distract the pilot and cause them to fly into The Dome...or maybe I have a few King stories mixed up.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Spoiler:
    It is because while in the plane, the quarter may distract the pilot and cause them to fly into The Dome...or maybe I have a few King stories mixed up.
    I applaud your general knowledge, it Is legendary although I fear you definitely have your story's mixed up.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok then...I suspect it was a convenience for the author.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread