Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Langoliers, The (1995)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Langoliers, The (1995)

The Langoliers IMDB

On a red eye flight to Boston from LA 10 people wake up to a shock. All the passengers and crew have vanished. When they try to contact the ground they make no connections. They land the plane only to discover that things haven't changed. But its like the world is dead. No one is there, the air is still, sound doesn't echo, the food is tasteless. And a distant sound is heard coming closer. A race of monstrous beings bent on their destruction is heading for them, eating everything in sight.

Directed by: Tom Holland
    Screenplay by: Tom Holland

Starring: Patricia Wettig, Dean Stockwell, Bronson Pinchot, David Morse, Mark Lindsay Chapman, Frankie Faison, Baxter Harris, Kimber Riddle, Christopher Collet, Kate Maberly

Last edited by Heather19; 06-10-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

good story... average movie

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I thought of the Langoliers when I was flying back from Georgia to Michigan...

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

As I kid I found it very frightening. I think the actors did an amazing job.
    Last edited by Letti; 06-07-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler dogbert is on a distinguished road dogbert's Avatar

I loved the story, and thought the movie was OK in a kind of 'cheap made for TV' way...

the image of those big balls with teeth eating up time stayed with me for a long time after I read the story!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

afternoon dogbert, you have been very busy this morning i see?

i loved this story in 4 past midnight and as lady hitchiker mentions it something i think about everytime i fly. i thought they did quite a good job with the movie, as it didn't go over the top like some of Sai king movies tend to do, but still managed to keep the tensio quite high. yep one of my favourite sk films

Traveler dogbert is on a distinguished road dogbert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    afternoon dogbert, you have been very busy this morning i see?
    hehe hiya yep, been exploring the forums and it's nice to find somewhere to vent my sai king geekness

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the book, liked the movie.

I think I will reread this one soon.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread