Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Dark Tower: The Lady of Shadows

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default The Dark Tower: The Lady of Shadows

Marvel has granted StephenKing.com the first look at the next arc in The Dark Tower comic series. The Lady of Shadows kicks off September 9th and brings Odetta Holmes to the forefront of the ambitious series.

Robin Furth and Peter David continue their deep exploration of Mid-World with this progressive vision on the DT series. With world-class artists and a fresh take of the story, The Lady of Shadows is sure to please any Constant Reader that knows “there are other worlds than these.”

From Marvel:
    “The Gunslinger Roland and his companion Eddie Dean, the troubled young man with the ability to open doors to other worlds are now united. Together, they will find the Dark Tower. But first they must locate the 3rd member of their ka-tet, residing in our world. Enter Odetta Holmes, a wealthy, Civil Rights activist living in the South. But Odetta has a dark secret, and a darker side. To uncover that secret, we’ll have to go back to the beginning…

Cover

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that cover. I think it's magnificent.

Too bad I lost interest in the DT comics a long time ago tho.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me or does that central image remind you guys of something in the woman's anatomy?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure that wasn't completely unintentional.

The Lady of Shadows was fond of ... teasing men.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

lol I think most people have.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

lol I think most people have.
    Well, we've all read the actual book (s) right? Nothing to see/learn beside the comic art I would think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well from what I've read Furth has been inventing new mythology... for example the car that killed Eddie's sister was hired by the Low Men to kill Eddie instead. Stuff like that.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy wordslingers will become famous soon enough wordslingers's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd lost interest in the comics as well but I picked them up again for Drawing of the Three -- pretty good, but it's true it doesn't bring much new to the table. It's just fun to see the characters come to life again in a different way, I think! I'm super excited for Lady of Shadows and I think the cover's gorgeous. It's fittingly eerie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a few days removed from the LoS #1 launch...

Is anyone picking this up?

Traveler Tiberius is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Relaxed

Well from what I've read Furth has been inventing new mythology... for example the car that killed Eddie's sister was hired by the Low Men to kill Eddie instead. Stuff like that.
    Well, yes and no. Yes, indeed, she and Peter David add new items, but they have done that before. There are a couple of things where, initially, I thought they overstepped their authority if you might call it that. Especially in 'The Prisoner' and 'The Lady of Shadows' where Robin and Peter add a stronger connection between them and Walter's goal to stop Roland's Ka-Tet from existing. But from my point of view, these additions or changes are cleverly put and don't change neither Eddie nor Susannah. Well, ok, I might rephrase that for Susannah, seeing how Walter sparked her fear of Roland when she was young. But overall, I feel confident, Robin and Peter are doing a good job and have the blessing from Stephen to adapt his stories.

Country
    Country Flag

They have his blessing but he's also said he's not even reading them because he doesn't want to "junk up his head" with them and that any future DT novels won't have anything to do with the comics. It was pretty clear with 'Wind through the Keyhole' that King's not really paying attention to anything they've done.

My Collection

Traveler Tiberius is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Relaxed

They have his blessing but he's also said he's not even reading them because he doesn't want to "junk up his head" with them and that any future DT novels won't have anything to do with the comics. It was pretty clear with 'Wind through the Keyhole' that King's not really paying attention to anything they've done.
    I'm not quite sure he was paying too much attention to a lot of things when he wrote "wind through the keyhole", but that's just my two cents to that novel

But you have a point there, of course. After all, the comics are an adaptation much like films or tv shows. In my point of view, you can't stick 100% to the source without sacrificing the medium you are transforming it into (hope, that came out the way I intended). Furth and David have to create a story line for 30+ single issues. Had they kept close to Stephen's material only, the story might have been told within way less comics. I'm curious, though, what they will show us after 'Bitter Medicine' a final arc like 'Last Shots' or something completely different.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holding out for the omnibus that hopefully Marvel will produce like it has with the others.

+ Reply to Thread