Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New "The Stand" Portfolio

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I had a PM request to post a photo of this alternate artwork that was not used in the initial book but found its way into the new portfolio.

Above the image (in pencil) is written "Before the force of that grin they were lost." I had it hanging in the basement for the longest time but because of space it ultimately was sent to the closet. I had almost forgotten about it until I saw the image posted earlier in this thread and I thought "Hey.....wait a minute..."

He smiled. .
    That smile was like a red sun breaking through a black cloud. It exposed bright white teeth and amazing blazing eyes. He turned his lineless palms out to face them in the universal gesture of peace.
    Before the force of that grin they were lost. The spears fell to the sand; one of them struck point-down and hung there at an angle, quivering.
    "Do you speak English?"
    They only looked.
    "Habla espanol?"
    No they didn't. They definitely did not habla fucking espanol.
    What did that mean?
    Where was he?
    Well, it would come in time. Rome wasn't built in a day,

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a pretty amazing sentence in connection with RF: Before the force of that grin they were lost. Charisma personified.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So for those that have received them, what are your thoughts?

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I finally had a chance to do a side by side comparison. The quality/production is noticeably better on the new one. The hard cover book-cloth portfolio is without question nicer than the heavy stock embossed portfolio.

On the plates the size difference is what it is. The weight of the paper is about the same but the old one is a smoother paper and has a glossy look to it, the new one has some texture and a matte finish. One thing I like on the old one is having the plate number and scene description on it.

On the printing/artwork the new one has a warmer richer feel to it and the old one is a crisper cooler feel. In the closes ups below the new one is on top. The new one shows more of the line work and the shadows have some depth to them. The old one the blacks are solid and some of the detail is lost.

Overall I am pleased with the news ones and happy to have the full set of both old and new.

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there any differences in the illustrations available in the both portfoflios?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Are there any differences in the illustrations available in the both portfoflios?
    the new one is 11 (right ?) the old one 12 (signed 13)
    so which is missing ?

and thanks a lot for the comparison!
    so everybody can decide if he will go for the new one.

still 28 of the regular edition available

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the new one is 10 plates; one of those was not in the original. So one new image, there was some talk about it earlier in this tread Post #36. Bob was nice enough to post showing his original print of that image here

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    the new one is 11 (right ?) the old one 12 (signed 13)
    so which is missing ?

and thanks a lot for the comparison!
    so everybody can decide if he will go for the new one.

still 28 of the regular edition available
    The plates absent in this edition are #1, #2 and #4.

You are welcome on the comparison, I had fun doing it. It gave me a chance to really appreciate Berni’s artistry.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was a pretty nice production and practically speaking at least it will fit on a bookcase. Nice to have each print signed as well.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's definitely a discernible difference, as far as line quality is concerned.
    I just wish I could afford one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3