Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New "The Stand" Portfolio

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default New "The Stand" Portfolio

$300 and $500.
    Ouch!

Only 15 of the $500 versions, and 40 of the $300 versions.

http://store.nakatomiinc.com/berniew...nkenstein.aspx

These ten beautiful black and white drawings were originally produced for Stephen King’s now-classic novel THE STAND back in the 1980’s, and they are being offered here for the first and ONLY time as a limited edition letterpress print set, inside a hand-made portfolio case.
    The prints themselves are expertly printed by Red Press Printing here in Austin, TX on heavyweight Arches 88 paper. Each frame-ready print measures 11 x 14 inches. The letterpress printing process produces rich, textured prints that showcase the quality of Wrightson’s line work, while also making each print in the edition a hand-made art object.
    The hard-cover portfolio case books were custom hand-made by Cloverleaf Studio, also in Austin. Cloverleaf specializes in producing cases for valuable and rare editions- in many cases, centuries-old. The portfolios are crafted to perfectly hold the 10 prints, plus the signature plate- to prevent damage in shipping and for long-term storage of the prints. The prints are protected with glassine interleaving for further protection. Portfolios are covered in red book cloth on the outside and archival paperboard inside- as well as a hand-printed label set into the cover. Books measure just over 11.25 x 14.25 inches each.
    The Stand portfolio is offered in two matched-number editions- a regular edition of 40, and an artist edition of 15. Both editions features signature plates, signed by Wrightson.
    All 10 prints in the artist edition will be signed by Wrightson and hand-numbered out of 15. Prints in the regular edition will be numbered out of 40.
    These letterpress editions will not be available on Nakatomi again. While we cannot guarantee specific number requests (meaning if you wanted set #3/40, etc.) we will be distributing these on a first-come first-served basis- the first order will get set #1, and so on.
    These portfolios are a beautiful and rare addition to any Stephen King / Bernie Wrightson collection- Nakatomi is extremely honored to bring these classic illustrations by a living legend to our audience.
    Regular edition of 40 will sell for $300, artist edition of 15 will sell for $500.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm usually tempted to get most everything I can but I am not tempted in the least by this new portfolio.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm usually tempted to get most everything I can but I am not tempted in the least by this new portfolio.
    I agree. I'm perfectly happy with the original portfolio. It might sound strange coming from me, but I don't see the need to purchase the same thing over and over in different editions. I may feel differently for books but with this new portfolio, I'm not that excited about it. There may be others who feel differently.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the only temptation would be Wrightson's signature on every piece in the 1/15.
    Given Mr. Wirightson's health issues, these could be rare.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I'm not mistaken, these are the same guys who also did a similar ($$$) portfolio of his Frankenstein work a while back.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Call me a fool....I ordered 2 of each...one for me and one to sell at Betts

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Down the road you will not be sorry-particularity for the 1/15.
    I'd order 2 of each also, but I'm looking for other ways to spend $1.6K in the King world.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are a fool and so am I. I also bought both although I only went for one of each. It did cross my mind to buy two of each but I wasn’t sure I wanted to sit on $800 to try and sell later.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's something we'd never call you David. Congrats on acquiring them!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, you guys. I'll pass on this one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I passed as well....

I think.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Totally passing......

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I WOULD if I had some extra funds at the moment, and if there was anything new in the set.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

At such low quantities, I expect these will sell out. For those passing on this portfolio, what is the price at which you would consider buying one or the other? Just out of curiosity.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have the original portfolio but have been meaning to get it. So instead of that I have just ordered an Artist Edition Portfolio, Thank you Jerome for posting!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone think these prices will influence the price of the original portfolios? Make them more or less desirable?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Anyone think these prices will influence the price of the original portfolios? Make them more or less desirable?
    I have no idea about that.
    i bought previous portfolio from David for $150. There also was a portfolio on ebay that was posted few times for $110 at start and no one bid for that. Recently David sold another one for $150.
    I don't think that $300 for regular edition with one signed art is a good price when first portfolio is easily availabe for half of that. (But... the folder is better in the new one)

As for the artist edition... it's a better option... all arts are signed that means 9 more signed arts for "only" $200 more.

So... standard edition is overpriced or artist edition is underpriced.

I wish it was a portfolio from Cycle of Werewolf... that one i would buy.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^
    I agree.
    I'm also passing on this. But if it were around the same price as the original ($150ish) then I'd probably consider getting one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I passed. Can't see these going to much higher in value either...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked upan artist edition this morning. It looks like a beautiful set and I have revered Bernie since I was a kid. Best thing is it will fit on my bookcase!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the original portfolio (black cover, #1098 of 1200 and signed by Wrightson) and a set of blue lines. I have no desire for this new one.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have the original portfolio (black cover, #1098 of 1200 and signed by Wrightson) and a set of blue lines.

John
    what do you mean by this John?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the original portfolio (black cover, #1098 of 1200 and signed by Wrightson) and a set of blue lines.

John
    The blue lines are a pre-publication item set up by the printers so they can set up the printing machinery. I'll post some pics if possible if I can dig them out.

John

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

John
    See my collection thread - I have the blue lines for insomnia posted

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    The blue lines are a pre-publication item set up by the printers so they can set up the printing machinery. I'll post some pics if possible if I can dig them out.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

John
    See my collection thread - I have the blue lines for insomnia posted
    got it - thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast