Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2523

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.
    Yes it is! I thought maybe my copy was a mistake but apparently it's the case for all copies. I presume there's a technical reason or printing/bindery error behind it - it seems like an unusual design choice to make intentionally.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Yes it is! I thought maybe my copy was a mistake but apparently it's the case for all copies. I presume there's a technical reason or printing/bindery error behind it - it seems like an unusual design choice to make intentionally.
    It is the only Suntup production with the limitation on the verso.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It's got to be an oversight. No big, I guess, but it did jump out at me. Still looks beautiful. Love those deckled edges, and the paper looks great.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's got to be an oversight. No big, I guess, but it did jump out at me. Still looks beautiful. Love those deckled edges, and the paper looks great.
    It is not an oversight.

Verso colophon pages are very common. In general, it is best to not have more than one blank page before a colophon. In addition, the colophon should not face the last page of text. However, both of these are acceptable, and I've probably done it on a book here and there. But for I Am Legend, the last page ended up being a verso. We did not want to place the colophon on the recto facing it. Placing it on the next recto, would have resulted in a blank leaf preceding it. So we felt that the best approach was to have a blank recto, with the colophon on the following verso, followed by one or two blank leaves. There are other acceptable arrangements, but we chose this one intentionally.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It is not an oversight.

Verso colophon pages are very common. In general, it is best to not have more than one blank page before a colophon. In addition, the colophon should not face the last page of text. However, both of these are acceptable, and I've probably done it on a book here and there. But for I Am Legend, the last page ended up being a verso. We did not want to place the colophon on the recto facing it. Placing it on the next recto, would have resulted in a blank leaf preceding it. So we felt that the best approach was to have a blank recto, with the colophon on the following verso, followed by one or two blank leaves. There are other acceptable arrangements, but we chose this one intentionally.
    Paul, thanks for clarifying that- apologies for assuming an oversight! You say it is "very common", but it seems that none of us long in the tooth collectors have seen it before, hence my (erroneous) assumption. Like I said, it's not a big deal (to me). One thought: it sounds like you are naturally inclined to put the colophon on the recto, but were.. forced (for lack of a better word) because of where the text proper ended. I totally get that. I've been laying out something myself, and these are common issues, as I'm sure you know. But, there are always "fixes" to get the last page to end where you want it, as I am also sure you know.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for explaining. I'm definitely used to colophon pages on the verso (what a phrase!) but this is my first limitation page like that, I believe. I do like a robust colophon-like limitation page with the printing, type, and paper information!

I also think I have a title (from Arion?), where the limitation page is in the front and on the verso.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

#ISO subterranean Press All clear by Connie Willis #402
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here interested in a signed copy of UK 1st/1st Bird Box? It is signed on a glassine page with black sprayed edges. I believe this was a limited edition for independent bookstores in the UK but not 100% on that. F dust jacket and NF book.

Will send pictures before any deal is made.

On hold.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Lettered Suntup The Lottery for sale. Shoot me a PM.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Looking for Dark Regions Press limited edition of Bird Box.
    Just received this beautiful edition today! Thanks again, Dez! (dnemec)

I've only been coming here for a little over a month and I've already bought 5 books from users here. Including my first signed King book. Glad I discovered this place.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Did anyone buy signed 1st of Inspection from VJ Books? It has '2' as the lowest number and when I emailed them, they said they checked with the publisher and the first printing has '2' as the lowest number.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is correct. I have two of them. One I got on release and a signed one from them.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    That is correct. I have two of them. One I got on release and a signed one from them.
    Thank you, Garrell!

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

FYI...I am thinning out my collection. Lots of ARCs. Some Gaiman, Koontz, etc. There’ll be more over the next few weeks. https://ebay.com/usr/ejp7773

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    ISO see my signature but also looking for Suntup numbered's #239 I have a #186 I am legend for trade if anyone happen to have #239
    Any Suntup #239?
    specifically I am legend but I'm looking for any really
    ISO see my signature but also looking for Suntup numbered's #239 I have a #186 I am legend for trade if anyone happen to have #239

here is your I Am Legend #239 , i can switch it with your 186 , lets talk!
    Huge shoutout to @ZombieElvis who swapped with me so I could have my #239 I am Legend!! The book just arrived safe and sound!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    FYI...I am thinning out my collection. Lots of ARCs. Some Gaiman, Koontz, etc. There’ll be more over the next few weeks. https://ebay.com/usr/ejp7773
    The link takes me to the eBay homepage.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    The link takes me to the eBay homepage.
    Whoops. This one should get you to one of them. http://ebay.us/5Mml3e?cmpnId=5338273189

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

ISO: Suntup Press: HOHH, HORNS, BROTHER and THE ROAD #239

Centipede press: ENDERS GAME

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WTS: Centipede Press Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson #36. Like new.
    $699 + shipping. Paypal F&F or add G&S fees. Book is located in Europe (The Netherlands). I can ship worldwide track & traced fully insured.
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

for sale: Suntup Brother #427 selling in order to buy another copy with my current number. I will sell for what I paid before tax $275 plus free shipping

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PayPal F&F or add 3%. Shipped and insured=within the US, international at cost.

Suntup's Horns #157 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's Horns #208 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's Rosemary's Baby #168 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's F451 #168 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's Rosemary's Baby AGE, 2 copies, will sell separately or together. Make offer.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Offering $5200
    Now for a misery!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    Any Suntup #239?
    specifically I am legend but I'm looking for any really

here is your I Am Legend #239 , i can switch it with your 186 , lets talk!
    Huge shoutout to @ZombieElvis who swapped with me so I could have my #239 I am Legend!! The book just arrived safe and sound!
    i got my Numbered I Am Legend safe and sound as well!
    that swap went smooth as butter!
    i feels good to help a fellow collector match numbers.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for the hardcover of The Reddening by Adam Nevill
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast