Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2519

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Out of curiosity, what's that Centipede Press ENDER'S GAME worth now?
    Say, still in shrinkwrap?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I know there are fans here of Hingston & Olsen, the Canadian small press that puts out the GHOST BOX chapbook boxes.

They also published last year, in 2019, a small, signed and numbered, 64-page non-fiction hardcover, FEAR ON THE FAMILY FARM.

I’m interested in snagging a copy of this now sold-out book...if you have a copy, please PM me. :-)

I assume that you are bringing this up because you know about (and already ordered) the new book in this (now) series: Jerry and Marge Go Large??

It's interesting and a bit weird that Fear on the Family Farm is so hard to find! Nothing on eBay, ABE, viaLibri - anywhere. And with a limitation of 500! My unsubstantiated guess is that a lot of copies went to non-collectors who just wanted to read it and now it's sitting on 500 different shelves and not really making its way into the collectible world. If you're just looking to read it and can't find the original article (it was in the Edmonton Journal but looks to have been taken down), PM me your email address
    Thanks, Lotuz -- yes, that's exactly the reason...I ordered JERRY AND MARGE GO LARGE last night, and would like to collect the (now announced) series moving forward. I debated FEAR ON THE FAMILY FARM for days when it first came out last year, decided to pass, and now, of course, am kicking myself about it. I think you're exactly right, I think a large chunk went to non-collectors -- true crime fans/readers, perhaps -- who bought it and have it on their shelves while the collectible scene goes without. My only hope is that some of these copies will start migrating from these non-collectors to eBay as one might expect...but the lack of availability on eBay suggests it may not be that simple. Like you, I do find it odd there are no copies anywhere of a rather large limitation of a generally non-collectible work by a journalist...but that's the reality of it, unfortunately.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I remember just last week Camelot sent out a notice of CP books, I swear they had a copy of enders game on there - I cannot find it anymore - so maybe it sold? But I vaguely remember it being listed on their site for $1500 - and that was one of the limited copies. Of course I cannot find anything on Ebay...did anyone else see this? or am I crazy? Tony put out a link in an email - something like 36 new CP listings. I thought $1500 was crazy high....
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I know there are fans here of Hingston & Olsen, the Canadian small press that puts out the GHOST BOX chapbook boxes.

They also published last year, in 2019, a small, signed and numbered, 64-page non-fiction hardcover, FEAR ON THE FAMILY FARM.

I’m interested in snagging a copy of this now sold-out book...if you have a copy, please PM me. :-)

I assume that you are bringing this up because you know about (and already ordered) the new book in this (now) series: Jerry and Marge Go Large??

It's interesting and a bit weird that Fear on the Family Farm is so hard to find! Nothing on eBay, ABE, viaLibri - anywhere. And with a limitation of 500! My unsubstantiated guess is that a lot of copies went to non-collectors who just wanted to read it and now it's sitting on 500 different shelves and not really making its way into the collectible world. If you're just looking to read it and can't find the original article (it was in the Edmonton Journal but looks to have been taken down), PM me your email address
    Thanks, Lotuz -- yes, that's exactly the reason...I ordered JERRY AND MARGE GO LARGE last night, and would like to collect the (now announced) series moving forward. I debated FEAR ON THE FAMILY FARM for days when it first came out last year, decided to pass, and now, of course, am kicking myself about it. I think you're exactly right, I think a large chunk went to non-collectors -- true crime fans/readers, perhaps -- who bought it and have it on their shelves while the collectible scene goes without. My only hope is that some of these copies will start migrating from these non-collectors to eBay as one might expect...but the lack of availability on eBay suggests it may not be that simple. Like you, I do find it odd there are no copies anywhere of a rather large limitation of a generally non-collectible work by a journalist...but that's the reality of it, unfortunately.
    Glad to know it's not just me with this book for the last year! Thought I wasn't trying hard enough. Equally frustrating, I just don't find much interest in the new one in the series above. The story just doesn't seem as interesting to me as the first. And... I'll probably live to regret the decision not to buy it down the road. Rinse, repeat!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I remember just last week Camelot sent out a notice of CP books, I swear they had a copy of enders game on there - I cannot find it anymore - so maybe it sold? But I vaguely remember it being listed on their site for $1500 - and that was one of the limited copies. Of course I cannot find anything on Ebay...did anyone else see this? or am I crazy? Tony put out a link in an email - something like 36 new CP listings. I thought $1500 was crazy high....
    https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/enders-game1

okay - not crazy - they did have it listed - now sold out...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

And that one had a faint scratch in the slipcase!
    Thanks, I got that e-mail too, must have missed the ENDER'S GAME.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale, numbered editions:
    Suntup Red Dragon $1000 SOLD
    Suntup Biblio $450 OBO
    Suntup I Am Legend $750 OBO
    Suntup 1984 ($800 comes with rights) SOLD
    Paypal F&F
    Free shipping in US
    International at cost
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Well if its $1500 its definitely out of my price range. Is that for the cheapest variant?
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

I'm not sure I understand Jerad's variant offerings, nor do I really care that much about them since I wouldn't be able to afford Roman Numeraled books or whatever, and I am not on the list to purchase these anyway.
    The ENDER'S GAME I was asking about is the, I think 350?, signed copy edition.
    I don't want to sell mine, I was just curious as to its current value.
    If it's $1500, whoo-hoo and good for me, of course, I'm glad I have one. I just bought it because I like the novel a lot.
    My problem (and I'm sure it's psychological), is I can't get myself to rip the shrinkwrap off these books. I surely need help with that.
    I like it better when publishers don't put shrinkwrap on their offerings.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I understand Jerad's variant offerings, nor do I really care that much about them since I wouldn't be able to afford Roman Numeraled books or whatever, and I am not on the list to purchase these anyway.
    The ENDER'S GAME I was asking about is the, I think 350?, signed copy edition.
    I don't want to sell mine, I was just curious as to its current value.
    If it's $1500, whoo-hoo and good for me, of course, I'm glad I have one. I just bought it because I like the novel a lot.
    My problem (and I'm sure it's psychological), is I can't get myself to rip the shrinkwrap off these books. I surely need help with that.
    I like it better when publishers don't put shrinkwrap on their offerings.
    Solution:
    1. leave the shrink wrapped book on a table and leave the room
    2. Ask someone to go in and remove the shrink wrap, then they also leave the room and dispose of the packaging
    3. Re-enter the room and enjoy your book.

That will be $5
    The Doctor is In.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Well I could be wrong, but as far as I know all plastic wrap commonly used is not archival and will deteriorate after awhile.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Well I could be wrong, but as far as I know all plastic wrap commonly used is not archival and will deteriorate after awhile.
    100%, NEVER leave it on.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I found another copy of the CP Ender's Game that sold for 1,000 pounds, so roughly $1250.

Yes, remove the shrink-wrap, especially if there is any foil stamping touching it.
    I have a S/L edition that was damaged because the shrink wrap was left on by the original owner and it eventually pulled some of the color off of the foil stamping.
    Mark Twain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I found another copy of the CP Ender's Game that sold for 1,000 pounds, so roughly $1250.

Yes, remove the shrink-wrap, especially if there is any foil stamping touching it.
    I have a S/L edition that was damaged because the shrink wrap was left on by the original owner and it eventually pulled some of the color off of the foil stamping.
    Yep. Remember all those DT2’s Gerald winters was selling sealed? Half of them had mould under the plastic. They were stored in a barn or something and moisture got at them. It was a big thing on the Rare King group with people sharing the pics of the mould. After some took off the wrap...everyone started to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Yep. Remember all those DT2’s Gerald winters was selling sealed? Half of them had mould under the plastic. They were stored in a barn or something and moisture got at them. It was a big thing on the Rare King group with people sharing the pics of the mould. After some took off the wrap...everyone started to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got over the hump when Kris (Webstar) stated this during the same type of conversation a while back:

SHRINK WRAP IS FOR SHIPPING PURPOSES ONLY! TAKE IT OFF.

Not sure why that did the trick but it did. Every night after that I grabbed a book off my shelf and unwrapped it. It was a lot of fun and now all mine are as naked as the day I was born.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

I WANT to do it, but I just can't.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still have forsale a Rosemary‘s Baby at issue price ($695) shipping included. Still in the box! Number 72. Thanks, Paul

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale, numbered editions:
    Suntup Biblio $400 OBO
    Suntup I Am Legend $700 OBO
    Both for $1000
    Paypal F&F
    Free shipping in US
    International at cost
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Does anyone here collect Douglas Coupland? I have quite a few UK proofs and limited editions that I would be interested in selling.
    Thanks

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    Still have forsale a Rosemary‘s Baby at issue price ($695) shipping included. Still in the box! Number 72. Thanks, Paul
    At long last sold!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For sale:
    Subterranean Press
    Perfunctory Affection By Kim Harrison - lettered $150
    Human Division by John Scalzi lettered - $200
    Robert McCammon lettered editions:
    The Border $400

Others:
    Sebastien De Castell - Greatcoats 4 books in custom slipcases - $250
    Fearie Tales PS publishing , limited in traycase $100

F&F plus shipping. DM for questions or photos.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Couple more items forsale:
    1) Night Visions 4 Signed limited - $100
    2) Ghost Story by Peter Straub (SL Hill House with slipcase) - $200
    3) River of Souls by Robert McCammon with original Vincent Chong Remarque (1st edition) - $225
    4) A Winter Haunting by Dan Simmons signed with original sketch by Simmons - $100
    5) The Long Ones by Joe Lansdale SL and Mister Weed-Eater SL in slipcase - $80
    6) Singulariy and Other Stories by Melanie Tem (Centipede Press) - $100

Please PM if interested. Paul

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for Dark Regions Press limited edition of Bird Box.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I Am Legend #69 SOLD
    $650 shipped in US in Suntup boxing
    International shipping at price
    Paypal F&F
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Looking for Dark Regions Press limited edition of Bird Box.
    If there is another spare, I'm looking for one too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast