Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Brian Keene, Ray Garton, Joe Hill...others and Stephen King.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ruderabbit/m...p2047675.l2562
    Good list of books. Good luck. Someone should grab that NEW NEIGHBOR- a bargain for one of the nicest books ever made.

Ron

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Cronin matching set is hiting Ebay today or tomorrow BID away
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    My Cronin matching set is hiting Ebay today or tomorrow BID away
    SOLD SOLD SOLD
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Good list of books. Good luck. Someone should grab that NEW NEIGHBOR- a bargain for one of the nicest books ever made.

Ron
    Even though I have the Sub Press reprint, I'm giving that one some thought. I don't have any Charnel House volumes, and that's always been one of my favorites of Ray's work and the book that I always think of when I think of Charnel House, if only because it was the book that made me aware of their press some two-plus decades ago.

EDIT: Well, just checked my eBay Watch Llist and I see it was bought. Oh well, snooze and lose...

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Ron
    Even though I have the Sub Press reprint, I'm giving that one some thought. I don't have any Charnel House volumes, and that's always been one of my favorites of Ray's work and the book that I always think of when I think of Charnel House, if only because it was the book that made me aware of their press some two-plus decades ago.

EDIT: Well, just checked my eBay Watch Llist and I see it was bought. Oh well, snooze and lose...
    They come up on eBay all the time, Ron. Usually for prices that are far lower than what that book should be going for. It's absolutely gorgeous- and a great read, too. Kudos to CD for getting the story into more folks' hands, but- the Charnel House is the one you want to read.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Ron

They come up on eBay all the time, Ron. Usually for prices that are far lower than what that book should be going for. It's absolutely gorgeous- and a great read, too. Kudos to CD for getting the story into more folks' hands, but- the Charnel House is the one you want to read.
    And, IIRC, the Charnel House illustrations are definitely X-rated but appropriate for the story. JK Potter, I think. Not sure what, if any, illustrations are in the CD version. I don't have either edition in front of me at the moment.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ron
    Thanks Ron,

Wow that copy of The New Neighbor went quickly. It was a beautiful book, I wish they had put a bit more care into their slipcase for that edition.

I'm going to look for the lettered edition to replace it on my shelf.

Mark

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll give this a shot here since I didn't get anything in the Simmons thread. Too much hype with SON

Can anyone explain the difference between the deluxe and signed editions of the Lord John Press editions of hollow man and children of night? On the dollan's book the difference was the boards which I am assuming is the same for hollow man but what about children?

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Up for grabs:

Pop Art (softcover) S/L by Joe Hill

Fine condition and stored in a archival protector.

Looking to get $160 PP gift (and I will throw in an arc of The Fireman)

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I'll give this a shot here since I didn't get anything in the Simmons thread. Too much hype with SON

Can anyone explain the difference between the deluxe and signed editions of the Lord John Press editions of hollow man and children of night? On the dollan's book the difference was the boards which I am assuming is the same for hollow man but what about children?
    I keep waiting for someone to chime in as well. I've always been a bit in the dark on these Lord John states. I do have a "regular", signed, numbered and slipcased CHILDREN. It's quarter-bound in black cloth with pictorial boards in a Crescent Moon motif. Red endpapers, and signed in red pen on a signature page up front. The limitation page is in the back and numbered "" " of 500". The limitation states that the title is limited to '500 Numbered, 200 Deluxe, and 26 Lettered' copies. I'm pretty sure the next step up- the "Deluxe" is bound in black leather. AT least I've seen them on eBay. Can't say that I've seen a Lettered, and if there's any difference in binding.

Ron

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

I don't know about Hollow Man, and I don't have a copy of the 1/500 Children of the Night, but judging from Ron's description, my 1/200 is identical to the 1/500 except it is quarter-bound in leather. The lettered is fully bound in leather. I also don't remember if the lettered came with a slipcase; I don't have one, but that's not really proof either way.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I don't know about Hollow Man, and I don't have a copy of the 1/500 Children of the Night, but judging from Ron's description, my 1/200 is identical to the 1/500 except it is quarter-bound in leather. The lettered is fully bound in leather. I also don't remember if the lettered came with a slipcase; I don't have one, but that's not really proof either way.
    Right! You just jogged my memory. The Deluxe was (is) quater-bound in leather and the lettered in full leather. Thank you!

Ron

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The lettereds also came with a heavy cloth slipcase. I have a lettered Hollow Man.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    The lettereds also came with a heavy cloth slipcase. I have a lettered Hollow Man.
    Sweet! Any chance you can post any pics of that? No pressure- it's a tall order for me to take and upload pictures to message boards (a 43 step process, it seems- didn't we put a man on the moon nearly half a century ago? Can't we just "think" a picture into a post at this point? Why the rigamarole? Rant over).

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have trouble posting pics - but happy to email to anyone. It was on ebay before.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Right! You just jogged my memory. The Deluxe was (is) quater-bound in leather and the lettered in full leather. Thank you!

Ron
    So if I am understanding correctly, The 1/500 is quarter bound with black cloth and pictorial boards while the 1/200 is quarter bound black leather with pictorial boards?
    For the hollow man I can confirm that 1/200 has marbled boards while 1/500 does not.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few copies of Lettered Beyond Aquila Rift are still available at Subterranean Press:
    https://subterraneanpress.com/store/...stair_reynolds
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a couple of brand new copies of the TPB The Illustrated Stephen King MOVIE Trivia Book from CD if anyone is interested. I'm thinking $15 each total if that sounds fair.

And I also have a couple of brand new copies of the limited edition Prince of Stories: The Many Worlds of Neil Gaiman for $25 total. PM if interested. Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I don't know with what dark wizardry ym2000 noticed there were copies available again, but I'd like to re-iterate my recommendation for Reynolds. If you like hard sf, he's a solid name to bet on.

Inspired by this, I noticed that "The Averoigne Chronicles" is also available again by SP. All signed & numbered copies by Centipede itself is gone, so here's a chance if you were looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    So if I am understanding correctly, The 1/500 is quarter bound with black cloth and pictorial boards while the 1/200 is quarter bound black leather with pictorial boards?
    For the hollow man I can confirm that 1/200 has marbled boards while 1/500 does not.
    Yes, that is correct. At least, the pictorial boards on my copy and the ones in the pictures of the 1/500 seem identical to me. I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow when there's some non-artificial light in here...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

An Amazon reviewer pointed out that the table of contents advertised on the SP website isn't exactly right. Apparently the collection is missing a novella. I removed the SP edition and added the traded to the Amazon cart. I dig the art for it.

I just pulled out my limited, and I'll be damned, the reviewer is right. It's on the flap, and on the blurb on the SP website, but not in the TOC (in the book or on the website). I went back with the Internet wayback machine, and "Galactic North" didn't show in the TOC in any of the snapshots they had; it's always been in the blurb only. That's weird, and a pity, since the story is a pretty important piece of the "Revelation Space" universe.

EDIT: it's not in the Gollancz trade either, if the Amazon look inside feature is any indication

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just pulled out my limited, and I'll be damned, the reviewer is right. It's on the flap, and on the blurb on the SP website, but not in the TOC (in the book or on the website). I went back with the Internet wayback machine, and "Galactic North" didn't show in the TOC in any of the snapshots they had; it's always been in the blurb only. That's weird, and a pity, since the story is a pretty important piece of the "Revelation Space" universe.

EDIT: it's not in the Gollancz trade either, if the Amazon look inside feature is any indication
    Seeing as I'm now an owner of all 3 states of SP's production and completely enamored with AR's work because of it, I admit to some hopeful schadenfreude that the trade edition is also missing the story.

Edit: maybe I'm not full completist. Need the eBook to claim that honor.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Moorcock Elric Deluxe S/N
    Altered Carbon Letter X
    Wandering Star Leather/Deluxe REH

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Martian Chronicles Lettered
    Ender's Game S/N

Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    Seeing as I'm now an owner of all 3 states of SP's production and completely enamored with AR's work because of it, I admit to some hopeful schadenfreude that the trade edition is also missing the story.
    Agreed. Solidarity in misery, all!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Hi
    I am looking to sell the following:
    Hugh Howey UK proof of Wool with yellow band
    Hugh Howey signed/dated first edition Shift (3 books)
    I am open to offers.
    Thanks

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

For sale: a BAAL slipcase -- for the Firecrest/Chivers UK 1st HC edition.

I'm not a big slipcase fan like some here, so am letting this one go to help finance a book purchase.

I've seen a couple clear plastic ones, but I've never seen a cloth one. Not sure of its origin...as far I know, it's a custom job, but by whom I've idea. Whoever it was, they did a pretty nice job. The cloth is tight on the boards, and the and construction is firm. There are a few tiny glue spots near several seams that show up as a bit yellowish against the gray cloth, and the edge lines of the cloth inside the opening are a little wavy, so I'm guessing this isn't a professional job. But, again, whoever it was, they did a pretty good job.

$30 shipped (regular PayPal), U.S. only.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast