Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Since we have an 'Other Authors' subforum I thought a separate thread for buying, selling and appraising non-King books might be appropriate. If not, the mods know what to do

My question for today: what would be a good price for a 1st/1st Song of Kali (Dan Simmons) in collectible (but not necessarily perfect) condition? There is one on eBay for $125 (BIN).

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

I think this is a great idea.

Ref. SONG OF KALI, assume that you mean the Bluejay edition? There are a couple on ABE, signed (bookplate, NF) and unsigned (Fine), in the $125 price range. I don't have experience with either seller, but their ratings are good.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Matt! I'm not in the market for a copy yet but I'll keep $125 in mind.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Very good idea!!! Now the thread is started i know what i missed here! Thanks...

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good idea !! I have few nice books for sale

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

A signed Bluejay 1st HC of SONG OF KALI used to be around $250, an unsigned around $175...now a signed Bluejay is around $200, and an unsigned around $125. The Headline reprint HC can be had for pennies on the dollar. The signed/limited/slipcased Earthling edition, which upon publication diminished the value of the Bluejay 1st, runs around $250.

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

The Earthling edition may be dropping a little bit, or it might have just been a really lucky end of April for another eBay shopper and myself.
    • On April 21, someone snagged a copy for $129.99 with free shipping in an auction- they were the only bidder.
    • A few days later I managed to get a copy for $120, also with free shipping, through a best offer; the original asking price was $130.
    I had been looking for a copy for a couple years. That was the first time I every remember seeing any offered or sold anywhere close the $120-130 price point. I think $175 was the previous low I'd seen, and that was an auction a couple years ago; I also believe that one had pretty high shipping.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

All books are in LIKE NEW to VERY GOOD condition, I will inform upon request what the individual conditions are

The Hides - Kealan Patrick Burke LETTERED COPY V $50
    Submerged - Thomas F. Monteleone #375 $40
    The Revelation - Bentley Little #188 $40
    Last Exit for the Lost - Tim Lebbon S/L $15
    The Stickmen - Edward Lee $10
    Snow Shadows - Mick Garris #729 $25
    I'm Not Sam - Jack Ketchum S/L $15
    The Buffalo Hunter - Peter Straub S/L $25
    The Back of Beyond - Alan Peter Ryan S/L $15
    Indian Summer - Rick Hautala S/L $20
    Cold Comforts - Peter Crowther S/L $20
    The Doll:The Lost Short Stories - Daphne du Maurier - $15
    The Horror Hall of Fame - Anthology S/L - $20
    The Queen of Bedlam - Robert McCammon S/L (DAMAGED COPY) - $40
    Femme - Bill Pronzini S/L $15
    Kinsmen - Bill Pronzini S/L $15
    both $25

Thank You for looking!

Tommy

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Umm...Might be time to clear some space on the shelves.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brionen View Post
    The Earthling edition may be dropping a little bit, or it might have just been a really lucky end of April for another eBay shopper and myself.
    • On April 21, someone snagged a copy for $129.99 with free shipping in an auction- they were the only bidder.
    • A few days later I managed to get a copy for $120, also with free shipping, through a best offer; the original asking price was $130.
    I had been looking for a copy for a couple years. That was the first time I every remember seeing any offered or sold anywhere close the $120-130 price point. I think $175 was the previous low I'd seen, and that was an auction a couple years ago; I also believe that one had pretty high shipping.
    Interesting. Yeah, I readily admit I haven't kept up on the current values for the various editions of this book...those prices I mention above were valid perhaps a year or two ago, but given the softness of the collectible-book market and the ebbs and flows of various authors' popularity, it doesn't surprise me that there has been a decline. FWIW, I have the Earthling S/L, and it's a great production of a wonderful book.

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Isn't the Collectible Classifieds thread open to all books, not just King? I ask because I truly don't know...I know I've seen some, but not clear on if that's condoned or frowned upon.

Country
    Country Flag

It is, AFAIK, but it seemed logical (to me) for this subforum to have its own dedicated thread. I think there's also a Comics Classifieds thread outside Calvin's Corner?

I did consciously decide to keep it limited to one thread, as opposed to King items, which rightfully have several threads for selling, appraising etc.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Keeping with the Simmons theme:

This one is not as hard to find as it was in the pre-internet days (and before LOVEDEATH) was published, but still a neat thing. This is #82 from the 300-copy edition, and is Fine with just a bit of light handling.

$50 including shipping to any US address.
    International $45 plus shipping at cost

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Isn't the Collectible Classifieds thread open to all books, not just King? I ask because I truly don't know...I know I've seen some, but not clear on if that's condoned or frowned upon.
    It's open to all books, but HIGHLY encouraged to be King books. Ideally 90% of the ads in the CC thread will be King items.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    It's open to all books, but HIGHLY encouraged to be King books. Ideally 90% of the ads in the CC thread will be King items.
    So, then this thread has your "Blessing"? At least for now?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's blessed...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's blessed...
    Cool!!

You're not looking for a quote are you? LOL

Spoiler:
    "My Life for you". LOL I ain't no "Trashcan Man", but I do think this is a viable thread. J/K?

Sigh, I never know when to STFU!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    Keeping with the Simmons theme:

This one is not as hard to find as it was in the pre-internet days (and before LOVEDEATH) was published, but still a neat thing. This is #82 from the 300-copy edition, and is Fine with just a bit of light handling.

$50 including shipping to any US address.
    International $45 plus shipping at cost
    SOLD.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

For sale: everything is in very good to fine condition unless noted. The ARCs have the usual small nicks common in ARCs. PayPal gift is preferred.

Dean Koontz: The Face ARC cardboard slipcase in plastic wrap still. $30

Jasper Fforde: The Eyre Affair, The Well of Lost Plots, Lost in a Good Book and Something Rotten. All UK hardcovers, all signed, all 1st/1st. $350 for the set.

Dan Simmons: Summer of Night. Signed 1st/1st. Very good, only flaw is small stain on the top edge of the pages. $50

Drood ARC unread $25

Worlds Enough & Time ARC unread with publishers letter laid in. $20

China Mieville: Iron Council UK Limited. Slipcase and signed. $40

Robert McCammon: Speaks the Nightbird ARC Signed. $40

Dennis Lehane: Gone Baby Gone signed, Prayers For Rain, Sacred signed, The Given Day ARC, Coronado ARC. All hardcovers, all 1st/1st. $30 each.

Jeff Lindsay: Dexter in the Dark Hardcover signed 1st/1st. $30

Brighton Shock: Slipcased Hardcover and Program guide. Signed by Stephen Jones. Hand numbered 4 of 15. $40

Christopher Moore: You Suck ARC $20

John Connolly: The Wolf in Winter ARC $20

Douglas Clegg: The Priest of Blood. Shock lines signed limited Hardcover. $40

Jacqueline Carey: Kushiel's Dart. Signed 1st/1st. $40

Feel to PM my with any questions. I'm happy to take and send pictures of anything.

Joe Hill

BETTER THAN HOME
    White Eagle Coffee Store Press, 1999. The first printing, signed by Joe with the drawing of a baseball to front cover. The chapbook is housed in a custom Solander traycase. Overall, a beautiful example of Joe first published book.

$200, US shipping included.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

World War Z - Lettered Edition
    The Zombie Survival Guide - Lettered Edition

Matching set from Cemetery Dance - $500 shipped.
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

*Edited to add the title of the dang book: SONG OF KALI by Dan Simmons (The Earthling Edition)*

I say it every time it comes up here: what a great book- in a great edition. It's a top 5 book for me in every way: Content & Form. DH's Carrion Comfort is on that short list as well.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    *Edited to add the title of the dang book: SONG OF KALI by Dan Simmons (The Earthling Edition)*

I say it every time it comes up here: what a great book- in a great edition. It's a top 5 book for me in every way: Content & Form. DH's Carrion Comfort is on that short list as well.
    True - and I'd add DH's Swan Song (Robert McCammon) to that list as well.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If anybody has any interest in any of my Hugh Howey grab bag stuff, please PM w/reasonable offer.
    All of the items shown are Signed.
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale: 3 Ray Garton titles published by CD and all Signed. DHoE is a PC. Make an offer. Payment is via PP.

[IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast