+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2334

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

  1. #2076
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    856
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.

  2. #2077
    Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,081
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.
    Yes it is! I thought maybe my copy was a mistake but apparently it's the case for all copies. I presume there's a technical reason or printing/bindery error behind it - it seems like an unusual design choice to make intentionally.

  3. #2078
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    9,501
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.
    Yes it is! I thought maybe my copy was a mistake but apparently it's the case for all copies. I presume there's a technical reason or printing/bindery error behind it - it seems like an unusual design choice to make intentionally.
    It is the only Suntup production with the limitation on the verso.
    "Washington has work horses and show ponies. AOC is a show pony." John Kiriakou

  4. #2079
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    856
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.
    Yes it is! I thought maybe my copy was a mistake but apparently it's the case for all copies. I presume there's a technical reason or printing/bindery error behind it - it seems like an unusual design choice to make intentionally.
    It is the only Suntup production with the limitation on the verso.
    It's got to be an oversight. No big, I guess, but it did jump out at me. Still looks beautiful. Love those deckled edges, and the paper looks great.

  5. #2080
    Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,336
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.
    Yes it is! I thought maybe my copy was a mistake but apparently it's the case for all copies. I presume there's a technical reason or printing/bindery error behind it - it seems like an unusual design choice to make intentionally.
    It is the only Suntup production with the limitation on the verso.
    It's got to be an oversight. No big, I guess, but it did jump out at me. Still looks beautiful. Love those deckled edges, and the paper looks great.
    It is not an oversight.

    Verso colophon pages are very common. In general, it is best to not have more than one blank page before a colophon. In addition, the colophon should not face the last page of text. However, both of these are acceptable, and I've probably done it on a book here and there. But for I Am Legend, the last page ended up being a verso. We did not want to place the colophon on the recto facing it. Placing it on the next recto, would have resulted in a blank leaf preceding it. So we felt that the best approach was to have a blank recto, with the colophon on the following verso, followed by one or two blank leaves. There are other acceptable arrangements, but we chose this one intentionally.

  6. #2081
    Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    856
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: that pic of the sig sheet in I AM LEGEND above: A) That's so cool seeing people help each other with desired numbers, B) Damn, just in that one pic- it looks like a beautiful volume, and I'm feeling a little bummed that I jumped ship with this title, and C) is the limitation sheet really printed on the "verso" side of the page, not on the right hand side? I don't know that I've ever seen that.
    Yes it is! I thought maybe my copy was a mistake but apparently it's the case for all copies. I presume there's a technical reason or printing/bindery error behind it - it seems like an unusual design choice to make intentionally.
    It is the only Suntup production with the limitation on the verso.
    It's got to be an oversight. No big, I guess, but it did jump out at me. Still looks beautiful. Love those deckled edges, and the paper looks great.
    It is not an oversight.

    Verso colophon pages are very common. In general, it is best to not have more than one blank page before a colophon. In addition, the colophon should not face the last page of text. However, both of these are acceptable, and I've probably done it on a book here and there. But for I Am Legend, the last page ended up being a verso. We did not want to place the colophon on the recto facing it. Placing it on the next recto, would have resulted in a blank leaf preceding it. So we felt that the best approach was to have a blank recto, with the colophon on the following verso, followed by one or two blank leaves. There are other acceptable arrangements, but we chose this one intentionally.
    Paul, thanks for clarifying that- apologies for assuming an oversight! You say it is "very common", but it seems that none of us long in the tooth collectors have seen it before, hence my (erroneous) assumption. Like I said, it's not a big deal (to me). One thought: it sounds like you are naturally inclined to put the colophon on the recto, but were.. forced (for lack of a better word) because of where the text proper ended. I totally get that. I've been laying out something myself, and these are common issues, as I'm sure you know. But, there are always "fixes" to get the last page to end where you want it, as I am also sure you know.

  7. #2082
    Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,081
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Thanks for explaining. I'm definitely used to colophon pages on the verso (what a phrase!) but this is my first limitation page like that, I believe. I do like a robust colophon-like limitation page with the printing, type, and paper information!

    I also think I have a title (from Arion?), where the limitation page is in the front and on the verso.

  8. #2083
    Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    304
    My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    #ISO subterranean Press All clear by Connie Willis #402
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage, the long walk, road work,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

  9. #2084
    Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,655
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Anyone here interested in a signed copy of UK 1st/1st Bird Box? It is signed on a glassine page with black sprayed edges. I believe this was a limited edition for independent bookstores in the UK but not 100% on that. F dust jacket and NF book.

    Will send pictures before any deal is made.

    On hold.

  10. #2085
    Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lone Pine, CA
    Posts
    58
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Lettered Suntup The Lottery for sale. Shoot me a PM.

  11. #2086
    Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    630
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Looking for Dark Regions Press limited edition of Bird Box.
    Just received this beautiful edition today! Thanks again, Dez! (dnemec)

    I've only been coming here for a little over a month and I've already bought 5 books from users here. Including my first signed King book. Glad I discovered this place.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

  12. #2087
    Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,053
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Did anyone buy signed 1st of Inspection from VJ Books? It has '2' as the lowest number and when I emailed them, they said they checked with the publisher and the first printing has '2' as the lowest number.

  13. #2088
    Vagrant Dead Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell has a brilliant future Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    4,471
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    That is correct. I have two of them. One I got on release and a signed one from them.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

  14. #2089
    Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,053
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    That is correct. I have two of them. One I got on release and a signed one from them.
    Thank you, Garrell!

  15. #2090
    Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    390

    Default

    FYI...I am thinning out my collection. Lots of ARCs. Some Gaiman, Koontz, etc. There’ll be more over the next few weeks. https://ebay.com/usr/ejp7773

  16. #2091
    Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    304
    My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    ISO see my signature but also looking for Suntup numbered's #239 I have a #186 I am legend for trade if anyone happen to have #239
    Any Suntup #239?
    specifically I am legend but I'm looking for any really
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    ISO see my signature but also looking for Suntup numbered's #239 I have a #186 I am legend for trade if anyone happen to have #239


    here is your I Am Legend #239 , i can switch it with your 186 , lets talk!
    Huge shoutout to @ZombieElvis who swapped with me so I could have my #239 I am Legend!! The book just arrived safe and sound!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage, the long walk, road work,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

  17. #2092
    Gunslinger Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    10,984
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    FYI...I am thinning out my collection. Lots of ARCs. Some Gaiman, Koontz, etc. There’ll be more over the next few weeks. https://ebay.com/usr/ejp7773
    The link takes me to the eBay homepage.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

  18. #2093
    Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    FYI...I am thinning out my collection. Lots of ARCs. Some Gaiman, Koontz, etc. There’ll be more over the next few weeks. https://ebay.com/usr/ejp7773
    The link takes me to the eBay homepage.
    Whoops. This one should get you to one of them. http://ebay.us/5Mml3e?cmpnId=5338273189

  19. #2094
    Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    304
    My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    ISO: Suntup Press: HOHH, HORNS, BROTHER and THE ROAD #239

    Centipede press: ENDERS GAME
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage, the long walk, road work,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

  20. #2095
    Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    237
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    WTS: Centipede Press Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson #36. Like new.
    $699 + shipping. Paypal F&F or add G&S fees. Book is located in Europe (The Netherlands). I can ship worldwide track & traced fully insured.
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

  21. #2096
    Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    304
    My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    for sale: Suntup Brother #427 selling in order to buy another copy with my current number. I will sell for what I paid before tax $275 plus free shipping
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage, the long walk, road work,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

  22. #2097
    Gunslinger Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    10,984
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    PayPal F&F or add 3%. Shipped and insured=within the US, international at cost.

    Suntup's Horns #157 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's Horns #208 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's Rosemary's Baby #168 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's F451 #168 $750 shipped and insured.
    Suntup's Rosemary's Baby AGE, 2 copies, will sell separately or together. Make offer.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

  23. #2098
    Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    17,414
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Offering $5200
    Now for a misery!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  24. #2099
    Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    380
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    ISO see my signature but also looking for Suntup numbered's #239 I have a #186 I am legend for trade if anyone happen to have #239
    Any Suntup #239?
    specifically I am legend but I'm looking for any really
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    ISO see my signature but also looking for Suntup numbered's #239 I have a #186 I am legend for trade if anyone happen to have #239


    here is your I Am Legend #239 , i can switch it with your 186 , lets talk!
    Huge shoutout to @ZombieElvis who swapped with me so I could have my #239 I am Legend!! The book just arrived safe and sound!
    i got my Numbered I Am Legend safe and sound as well!
    that swap went smooth as butter!
    i feels good to help a fellow collector match numbers.

  25. #2100
    Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    630
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Looking for the hardcover of The Reddening by Adam Nevill
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts