Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone wanted a copy, Shawn found a few boxes of Unfettered (limited trade edition) in storage... he thought they were sold out.

http://grimoakpress.com/product/unfe...hawn-speakman/
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bump

Still below the original SubPress price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Abercrom...:L:LCA:US:1123

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm planning to sell my lettered Joe Abercrombie's next. (see above post)
    I always start my auctions with an extremely low opening bid, like $10.00. This practically always works out.
    But now I'm not sure what to do. the two books I'm planning to sell cost me a total of $600.00, plus shipping to Europe, plus duty, so closer to $700.00.
    Is Joe Abercrombie popular enough to start my auction with such a low opening bid (NO reserve), or should I play safe this time and begin, say, at $600.00 with a $850.00 buy now option?
    Thoughts anyone?

sk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I always start my auctions with an extremely low opening bid, like $10.00. This practically always works out.
    But now I'm not sure what to do. the two books I'm planning to sell cost me a total of $600.00, plus shipping to Europe, plus duty, so closer to $700.00.
    Is Joe Abercrombie popular enough to start my auction with such a low opening bid (NO reserve), or should I play safe this time and begin, say, at $600.00 with a $850.00 buy now option?
    Thoughts anyone?

sk
    I'm thinking of selling mine too. I would at least put a reserve on the books and that way you can still start low.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I've got an extra signed ARC of Christopher Moore's You Suck if anyone is interested. $25 shipped.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Thoughts anyone?

sk
    I'm thinking of selling mine too. I would at least put a reserve on the books and that way you can still start low.
    Somehow I feel people are turned away by a reserve. I am.
    Still - it's a safety-net just in case....

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't feel right to flip it, but it really doesn't fit into mt collection. Hoping to make enough off of it to roll into a nice King item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161820414475...84.m1555.l2649

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Thoughts anyone?

sk
    A lettered Half a King was sold for $500 (one bid) on April 12. Although, now that I went back to look, it seems no feedback was left for the purchase. I think selling Abercrombie is a safe bet to get your money back, but you never know, right?

Country
    Country Flag

True - you never know. Especially because I paid a fair amount for shipping to Europe, plus all kinds of taxes.
    At the moment, I don't think I'm breaking even. Getting there though..

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Heh, I feel you; I have the books too. Thanks a lot, VAT.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Something new and neat. This goes up on eBay tonight, but a quick PM could grab it before it starts:

Thomas Ligotti
    Foreword by Jeff VanderMeer

SONGS OF A DEAD DREAMER
    and GRIMSCRIBE

Pengion, [October] 2015.
    Advance reading copy (ARC, uncorrected proof) of the forthcoming omnibus edition. A clean, VG+/NF copy: shows light overall handling and some wear and minor bumping to edges, light crease down front wraps at center from shipping. Straight and nice.

The first, and so far only, copy that we've seen of this proof.

From the Publisher:

Thomas Ligotti’s debut collection, Songs of a Dead Dreamer, and his second, Grimscribe, permanently inscribed a new name in the pantheon of horror fiction. Influenced by the strange terrors of Lovecraft and Poe and by the brutal absurdity of Kafka, Ligotti eschews cheap, gory thrills for his own brand of horror, which shocks at the deepest, existential, levels.

Ligotti’s stories take on decaying cities and lurid dreamscapes in a style ranging from rich, ornamental prose to cold, clinical detachment. His raw and experimental work lays bare the unimportance of our world and the sickening madness of the human condition. Like the greatest writers of cosmic horror, Ligotti bends reality until it cracks, opening fissures through which he invites us to gaze on the unsettling darkness of the abyss below.

Starting price is $24.95 with $3.95 shipping. Anyone interested at that price, please feel free to drop a note.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    Something new and neat. This goes up on eBay tonight, but a quick PM could grab it before it starts:

Thomas Ligotti
    Foreword by Jeff VanderMeer

SONGS OF A DEAD DREAMER
    and GRIMSCRIBE

Pengion, [October] 2015.
    Advance reading copy (ARC, uncorrected proof) of the forthcoming omnibus edition. A clean, VG+/NF copy: shows light overall handling and some wear and minor bumping to edges, light crease down front wraps at center from shipping. Straight and nice.

The first, and so far only, copy that we've seen of this proof.

From the Publisher:

Thomas Ligotti’s debut collection, Songs of a Dead Dreamer, and his second, Grimscribe, permanently inscribed a new name in the pantheon of horror fiction. Influenced by the strange terrors of Lovecraft and Poe and by the brutal absurdity of Kafka, Ligotti eschews cheap, gory thrills for his own brand of horror, which shocks at the deepest, existential, levels.

Ligotti’s stories take on decaying cities and lurid dreamscapes in a style ranging from rich, ornamental prose to cold, clinical detachment. His raw and experimental work lays bare the unimportance of our world and the sickening madness of the human condition. Like the greatest writers of cosmic horror, Ligotti bends reality until it cracks, opening fissures through which he invites us to gaze on the unsettling darkness of the abyss below.

Starting price is $24.95 with $3.95 shipping. Anyone interested at that price, please feel free to drop a note.
    SOLD.

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GOOD LUCK !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thank You!! Appreciate it.

sk

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These mint Advanced Proofs/Readers copies need a good home.
    Don't know what they go for - make an offer!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SOLD!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a T.H. White - Ill Made Knight 1940 U.S. edition. I can't seem to find one anywhere with a DJ.

Country
    Country Flag

Think I did ok!

sk

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Looking for a numbered 1-13 double slipcased copy of Tim Curran's The Devil Next Door published by Altar 13. Anybody interested in selling, send me a message. As for the author, he's somewhat obscure, but has some talent for horror writing. Anybody looking for a new author to read, I would suggest the aforementioned book, Dead Sea, or Resurrection. Great gory horror.
    One just sold within the last couple of day on eBay for, yikes, $152.50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Curran-T...vip=true&rt=nc

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Think I did ok!

sk
    Nice! It seems there was nothing to worry about.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any Grisham fans here? I have a 1st/2nd flat signed copy of The Firm, NF book in a price clipped, but otherwise NF jacket. Any guesses as to an approximate value?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Looking at comparable copies at ABE.com, a signed NF later printing (if it's not a first, a 2nd printing's about the same as an 18th or 32nd, etc.) in a price-clipped dj seems to be around $20 to $40. As usual with ABE, prices are all over the board, but the average seems to be in that area.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...&sts=t&tn=firm

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sold a signed 1st/1st of The Client for $50 a year or two ago...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    Any Grisham fans here? I have a 1st/2nd flat signed copy of The Firm, NF book in a price clipped, but otherwise NF jacket. Any guesses as to an approximate value?
    I'm a big Grisham collector. Have around 20 of the S/L editions. I would say The Firm is not more than $40. His books are not hard to find signed, and a later printing is less desirable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast