Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    There's been a lot of Armada proofs showing up in the market. Doesn't seem to be all that rare. I wonder about how many copies were printed.
    And who knows how many have gone back n forth - especially the ones sold for mid 20's might be ones people are trying to sell in the 80's. Then what'll happen after the tour with the signed copies hitting the market. I think I'll have to ask him what he thinks about the new pixels movie and if you just shake your head when that comes out around same time as your book.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Powell's is selling signed copies as well.

http://www.powells.com/biblio/2-9780804137256-42

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Not sure I'd take the risk:

Please note: Cline will join us for a lunchtime booksigning at our downtown store and an evening event (reading and booksigning) at our Cedar Hills Crossing location.

Please note: Signed preordered books will be shipped to you and are not available for pick-up in the store the night of the event (but if you're planning to attend, don't worry! Signed editions are usually available at the events). Also, we are sorry but we can not accommodate personalized inscriptions, or guarantee the signed books are first editions. Thanks for your understanding.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Please note: Cline will join us for a lunchtime booksigning at our downtown store and an evening event (reading and booksigning) at our Cedar Hills Crossing location.

Please note: Signed preordered books will be shipped to you and are not available for pick-up in the store the night of the event (but if you're planning to attend, don't worry! Signed editions are usually available at the events). Also, we are sorry but we can not accommodate personalized inscriptions, or guarantee the signed books are first editions. Thanks for your understanding.
    Good catch. Didn't see the note on possible later printings.

Country
    Country Flag

Good catch. Didn't see the note on possible later printings.
    It seems unlikely since their signing is day after book launch. But I assume they added that from issues with previous signings and disgruntled shoppers

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

And of course now that I broke down and bought a copy of the ARC of Armada, what shows up literally at the same time? An copy from my Random House source. Lol, glad I didn't spend a lot.

Seem I have an extra ARC if anyone's interested.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Brian, your pm's are full. I can't message you back.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Brian, your pm's are full. I can't message you back.
    Typical!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    And of course now that I broke down and bought a copy of the ARC of Armada, what shows up literally at the same time? An copy from my Random House source. Lol, glad I didn't spend a lot.

Seem I have an extra ARC if anyone's interested.
    Well at least you can pass it along. Mine came today as well - and fine condition, not a blemish - the seller was true in their description.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice EC interview on goodreads. Talks about rp1 trilogy...

GR: Which writers have been influential or inspirational to you?

EC: William Gibson, Neal Stephenson, Roald Dahl. But I also love Carl Sagan's nonfiction books as well as his book Contact. Arthur C. Clarke, Robert Heinlein, his juvenile adventures and his bigger novels, too, and Alfred Bester, who wrote The Stars My Destination. But probably the biggest of all time is Stephen King. I just devoured Stephen King books when I was growing up.

Here's link to interview:
    https://www.goodreads.com/interviews..._content=cline

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

What´s the market price for an unsigned green/white US proof of RP1 , any idea?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I wouldn't sell mine for less than 250. There have been a few sold for 350-400. The black cover proof seems even more scarce. One just sold for 350 on eBay. I lucked out and found one on ABE for 75.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a paperback version of Armada out of Australia it seems. I'm guessing it's like with new King releases when a trade paperback is released at the time of the hardcover for airports and some export countries. There's some on eBay here.

Country
    Country Flag

Getting Ready for the Armada book launch today. I know this is not as exciting as the Finder's Keepers weekend. But I hope I can get a bit more than one book signed. Plus I think Ernie might be a bit more entertaining than King at this event tonight. Anyone with any questions you want me to try and ask? I think I will see what he has to say about a movie like pixels being released at same time his book is - and does he enjoy a movie like that or cringe knowing his book was already optioned.

this doesn't even include the 8 copies of Armada that I have waiting at the bookstore. Plus a few copies of RP1 for my nieces too...

Country
    Country Flag

I can only hope that most people will only be getting a copy of Armada signed - then the crazy guy with two bags of books shows up...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are those Hebrew copies? Nice.

I have to find me a 1/1 or RP1 somewhere.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes they are first edition Hebrew copies. I have to thank shac for mine. He shipped me his and was able to get a friend to buy a copy while in Israel and get it shipped to me in plenty of time. I think the Hebrew rp1 cover is more fitting to armada though. Now maybe if I write out my Hebrew name he could inscribe that…

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes they are first edition Hebrew copies. I have to thank shac for mine. He shipped me his and was able to get a friend to buy a copy while in Israel and get it shipped to me in plenty of time. I think the Hebrew rp1 cover is more fitting to armada though. Now maybe if I write out my Hebrew name he could inscribe that…
    It was my pleasure chad. Enjoy the event and looking forward to stories and photos

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy the event! Sounds like you have a lot of books to be signed. Hopefully he signs them all. I can't make any of the events but I managed to get some books signed which are on the way to me. I will post pics when they arrive.

Shac, if you have an extra Hebrew edition I would like one.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Have fun and do your best ^^

Country
    Country Flag

Just sitting back - eating a salad and enjoying a beer before seating opens up in about an hour. Checked in early and spoke with people working event - one of the women handed me one of those earth alliance patches - she said she only had a few giveaways - not sure what else I might be able to get

Country
    Country Flag

Reading was a lot of fun - Ernie talked for about 50 minutes and then answered questions for a bit. Showed a slide show with all of the movies, etc that influenced him. He's a very fast talker - he went through his whole life history and a timeline of his writing and about fan boys as well. A lot of fun. Waiting now until the end to get my stuff signed. Fortunately I'm off tomorrow since it'll be a long night. But I don't want to be that guy with two bags of books - and feel rushed with glaring eyes boring through my skull. Plus either his hand will be very tired (although this is only second stop on the tour) or he'll be accommodating to all my wants and desires - for signing of course - I'm hoping the latter.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Excited to know how everything worked out!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Tiring, very tiring. 90 minute drive there and then back. Signing started at about 8:50 and I was near the end at about 10:30 - so not too bad. The store workers were really nice and helped move things along. But it was extremely difficult to keep track of 24 books, try and talk with Ernie, get a picture, etc.

I told him about the dark tower and that most of the extra books were for members - he said "oh I've been on there in the past" and I mentioned we started a Cline thread and he said he'd have to check it out - so who knows, maybe one day Ernie will happen along our thread and share some insight.

After all of the books were signed (as I was nearing the end) I asked if he wouldn't mind signing a couple Atari cartridges - he was cool with that - but the staff weren't (it was late and one said "I think we can't sign any more toys" - so I only got a couple signed - but that was the same woman who took a picture of me next to Ernie). There were no posed pictures to move the line - but I got one since I was near the end - basically a photo book bomb - so I was happy.

A really enjoyable evening. I even went on amazon afterwards to order fan boys - since I had not seen it (and it's not on Netflix). I'll post some pics shortly

Country
    Country Flag

Oh and that was the first time he had seen the Hebrew version - so he was really excited to see that one too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast