Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Well I was thinking to start that thread for a few days. The hype around this book is huge and will get bigger when the movie (directed by Spielberg) will be out.

The second book (Armada) is scheduled to be published in July along with US signing tour.

If you didn't read the book - Do it !

If you can get your hands on the first edition - Do it !

Info from Goodreads

Let's go....

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my first edition copy

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So awesome Shac!

I was able to get the green and white ARC - I plan on getting it signed in Columbus in July! I will post pics when I receive it.

Country
    Country Flag

ARMADA Signing tour dates

July 13, 2015 7:00 pm
    COPPERFIELD'S BOOKS
    140 KENTUCKY ST
    PETALUMA, CA, 94952-2994

July 14, 2015 7:30 pm
    KEPLERS
    1010 EL CAMINO REAL
    MENLO PARK, CA, 94025-4349

July 15, 2015 7:00 pm
    POWELL'S BOOKS
    3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd
    Beaverton, OR, 97005-1337

July 16, 2015 7:00 pm
    Whatcom Community College Heiner Center
    237 W. Kellogg Street
    Bellingham, WA, 98226

July 16, 2015 12:00 pm
    UNIVERSITY BOOKSTORE
    4326 University Way NE
    SEATTLE, WA, 98105

July 20, 2015 7:00 pm
    Weyerhaeuser Chapel at Macalester College
    1600 Grand Ave.
    Saint Paul, MN, 55105

July 21, 2015 7:00 pm
    Wentz Concert Hall
    171 East Chicago Ave
    Naperville, IL, 60540

July 22, 2015 6:00 pm
    THE BOOK LOFT
    631 S 3RD ST
    COLUMBUS, OH, 43206-1025

July 23, 2015 7:00 pm
    BARNES & NOBLE
    33 E 17TH ST
    New York, NY, 10003-2005

July 28, 2015 7:00 pm
    BOOK PEOPLE 6TH AND LAMAR
    603 N LAMAR BLVD
    AUSTIN, TX, 78703-5413

July 29, 2015 7:00 pm
    JOSEPH-BETH BOOKSELLERS
    161 LEXINGTON GREEN CIR
    LEXINGTON, KY, 40503-3325

July 30, 2015 5:00 pm
    LEMURIA BOOK STORE INC 202 BANNER HALL
    4465 I 55 N
    JACKSON, MS, 39206-6124

August 1, 2015 12:00 am
    Austin Books & Comics
    5002 N. Lamar Blvd.
    Austin, TX, 78751

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my copy that I just received from another member. I've been looking for a nice 1st for ages. This one is perfect!

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hunting a 1st ed if anyone has one...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm working and on-call the night of the 13th - so I won't be able to make it to Petaluma - too bad - nice place and was there to see Joe Hill last year. At least I'm off on the 14th - so I'll be at the official book launch at Keplers. I don't have any pictures of my 1/1 - turns out I had my reading copy from a few years back - carried it around awhile - took the dj off and left it somewhere. Left the book for my wife to read - after we moved - found the dj put it back on book and then on bookshelf since my wife never had time to read it - then found a 1/1 online the other day (should be here next week) and figured I should check what was the printing of the copy I had at home - stupid me it turns out it was a 1/1 - I had no clue. I guess this was back before I really started collecting and didn't pay any attention. Anyway becca said I gotta stop checking to make sure it's still a 1/1 and stop touching it (the book that is).

The plan will be for that copy to be signed on the 14th. I'm off that day and have a meeting until 2pm - so I'll head down there and get in around 4 - plenty early to scope things out and get situated - in case anyone else is around and wants to join me.

Oh and I just got the ebook of rp1 with audio by wil Wheaton, since my "reading" copy ain't a reading copy anymore. We have a long drive on Thursday - so we will listen to wil on the way down - should be fun.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea this book was "collectable"; dug mine out and slapped a Broadart on it. It is a first - but "gently" read. I still have all those old Infocom games and some of the "New Zork Times" issues. Loved that stuff.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Just got my Armada ARC

Along the Path of the Beam subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough

You all might be interested to know we plan an oversize limited of READY PLAYER ONE. In fact, it's been designed and is being proofread.

Best,

Bill
    SubPress

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subpress View Post
    You all might be interested to know we plan an oversize limited of READY PLAYER ONE. In fact, it's been designed and is being proofread.

Best,

Bill
    SubPress
    Illustrated?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best,

Bill
    SubPress
    My wallet just let out a mild scream...glad I passed on the IDW re-book. Any idea when we might expect an announcement?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best,

Bill
    SubPress
    Very much looking forward to it!

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested -I do have an extra copy of RP1 (1/1) - it is unsigned - but I will be attending the book launch for Armada in July and can get it signed/personalized that day as well as a copy of Armada from launch day too.

SOLD

btw - I will not be selling the copy unsigned - since 3 signed copies on eBay have gone for $360/380/400 recently and there is another for $445. But I will be willing to sell a signed copy for less than those, plus the Armada at cost.

Oh, and I will not be planning on getting anymore copies of armada separately on launch day either - my bag is already filled (I have learned to limit myself )

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

Best,

Bill
    SubPress
    Very much looking forward to it!
    Uuuuuhhhh yes...me 2!

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    In case anyone is interested - I do have an extra copy of RP1 (1/1) - it is unsigned - but I will be attending the book launch for Armada in July and can get it signed/personalized that day as well as a copy of Armada from launch day too.

btw - I will not be selling the copy unsigned - since 3 signed copies on eBay have gone for $360/380/400 recently and there is another for $445. But I will be willing to sell a signed copy for less than those, plus the Armada at cost.

Oh, and I will not be planning on getting anymore copies of armada separately on launch day either - my bag is already filled (I have learned to limit myself )
    I would love to have a signed copy of RP1, but i think i have to skip in this case because of the prices... damn...

Country
    Country Flag

Best,

Bill
    SubPress
    Great news Bill. Looking forward. It will be a blast !

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright! Cline is coming to my local bookstore in July! I really enjoyed RP1, I've read it twice. Anyone have an extra 1st/1st they wanna sell? Looking forward to Armada...

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone have a link to his tour dates/cities?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Nothing up or listed. His blog has links to buy signed copies of armada - and info to come soon. I just happened to come across keplers site and they mentioned having the book launch - otherwise I haven't seen any other listings; although another local spot said he'd be there on the 13th - which I'm not sure since its day before the launch.

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing up or listed. His blog has links to buy signed copies of armada - and info to come soon. I just happened to come across keplers site and they mentioned having the book launch - otherwise I haven't seen any other listings; although another local spot said he'd be there on the 13th - which I'm not sure since its day before the launch.
    Look up at post # 4......

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Look up at post # 4......
    Thanks - completely overlooked that. A fairly short tour/signing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

If you're a netgalley member, Armada is up for request.

Country
    Country Flag

Armada proof Signed !

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! I want!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast