Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    What about 2 smaller stamps that combine to make the one whole design?
    With Jeff's setup he manually sets the plates in the press so getting them to line up perfectly would be an extremely time consuming process. I talked to him a little about it yesterday and he said that for that much work his competitors would charge over double his cost. Which to be fair for a custom made case would not surprise me. Jeff's quality is great and the price you cannot beat plus he will even eat the cost for a custom plate if you have a few orders ready for him.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Would RP1 work with the four circles (not including the Crown logo) centered on the spine and closer together?

And could The Martian just be reduced and closer together?
    I thought about this a little and Jeff did email me back this morning and say that he could do a generic Any Weir plate for this like he does for other Authors.

So I guess the big question is what do we want?
    RP1: the circles on the spine, centered. ( I think this one would look awesome in the the white case with pink foil to match the book
    The Martian: The Martian on the cover and nothing on the spine or something on the spine and nothing on the cover. Due to the size of the books we have to choose one or the other.

I am open to anything really and I like the circles for the RP1, kinda an homage to the the 1/1 on the S/L
    @becca can you tell me the height of the standard 1/1 so that I can create a plate that could possible work for both books if you wanted one for each?

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I like this for RP1:
    RP1: the circles on the spine, centered. ( I think this one would look awesome in the the white case with pink foil to match the book

For The Martian I would rather have the title on the spine and nothing on the front.
    The Martian: The Martian on the cover and nothing on the spine or something on the spine and nothing on the cover. Due to the size of the books we have to choose one or the other.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I might start work on this tonight when I get home so if anyone has more ideas shoot them through and I'll draft them up.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I also like the suggestion for RP1

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So this is a quick throw together of what I can do inside the parameters given by Jeff. (When I say quick I mean quick. I have not gone through to make sure that everything is perfectly centered yet either.
    The first photo is with the plate over laid to make sure it fits within the boundaries. I went with the Pink and White to match the book. Basically you can choose any color you like that Jeff offers for the case color and the foil color.

This is one without the plate on it. These are a little fuzzy since they are just screen grabs of it within my program.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it. But if this is supposed to be for the Sub Press limited of RP1... I'm not sure I see the tie in of the pink.

Perhaps a white case with Red and yellow circles... kind of tie in the original look of the book.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

RP1 trade height is 9 9/16 from what I measure. I like the circles with the pink foil on white as long as that pink is close to the S/L foil... also it would be great if you could match the font from the trade edition (Mekon Alt.). I'm assuming the case for the trade would be yellow/red or reversed?

For The Martian, I think the spine would be best as that's what you see on the shelf. Matching font? Was there a decision on ordering holographic foil for Jeff? Not sure if he can use it or just doesn't have access to it. Looks like it can be purchased online.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    I like it. But if this is supposed to be for the Sub Press limited of RP1... I'm not sure I see the tie in of the pink.

Perhaps a white case with Red and yellow circles... kind of tie in the original look of the book.
    The actual boards are white with pink foil.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I see... then I retract my statement. Party on with the Pink and White.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! Someone posted here I believe a few days ago - I'm also looking to buy Lettered edition of RP1 if anyone wants to sell! Love the case designs idea!

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

about the pink white. i know it's the board subpress colors, but you forget that it's hidden beneath the DJ.
    i think the specially made slipcase that bill made for for RP1 looks amazing, also because it's the same color palate as the trade spine. just my 2 cents :-)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    RP1 trade height is 9 9/16 from what I measure. I like the circles with the pink foil on white as long as that pink is close to the S/L foil... also it would be great if you could match the font from the trade edition (Mekon Alt.). I'm assuming the case for the trade would be yellow/red or reversed?

For The Martian, I think the spine would be best as that's what you see on the shelf. Matching font? Was there a decision on ordering holographic foil for Jeff? Not sure if he can use it or just doesn't have access to it. Looks like it can be purchased online.
    Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    about the pink white. i know it's the board subpress colors, but you forget that it's hidden beneath the DJ.
    i think the specially made slipcase that bill made for for RP1 looks amazing, also because it's the same color palate as the trade spine. just my 2 cents :-)
    So here are some more options. The first photo is the 1/1 height vs the S/L height. The second photo is red case with yellow foil. Once again I am not setting the colors for you. You can imagine anything in pink/yellow would be what the plate creates (foil color you choose) the red/white is the case itself (case color you choose).

S/L

Trade combo:

Also can I get a count of how many will order a RP1 if Jeff makes it? he will cover the cost of the plate if there are a few orders for it and I'll start another one going on the Andy Weir thread for The Martian Case.

EDIT:
    Becca I will try and edit it tonight to see if I can get the actual font used for the book (Mekon Alt)

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I will def. order one for my Sub Press S/L RP1

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

i will order one also for Sub Press S/L RP1

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

count me in for sub press s/l rp1

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too.

Country
    Country Flag

I will order one or two (S/L and US trade), hopefully with the font change.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in for rp1 subpress case

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be in for a SubPress S/L and 1/1. Don't have a 1/1/ yet, but I'll regret not having a case when I finally pick one up
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like 10 so far. Of course the font is a purchase-able font only... looks like I have to get creative. I'll see what I can come up with tonight.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Looks like 10 so far. Of course the font is a purchase-able font only... looks like I have to get creative. I'll see what I can come up with tonight.
    Make that 11, I would like one for my SP S/L.

Country
    Country Flag

I found this site... haven't used it before.
    https://www.onlinewebfonts.com/downl...fbc1a18db986c8

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright well this is my best try at recreating the font manually. It's pretty damn close if I can say so myself. This is at the 1/1 size not the S/L I am going to go edit the text on the S/L next but it is basically the exact same plate just different book.
    Becca does this meet your standards

EDIT: added the S/L

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in for both as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Alright well this is my best try at recreating the font manually. It's pretty damn close if I can say so myself. This is at the 1/1 size not the S/L I am going to go edit the text on the S/L next but it is basically the exact same plate just different book.
    Becca does this meet your standards

EDIT: added the S/L

Fantastic! I know the white/pink matches the subpress boards, but I really like the red/yellow combo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast