Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a US and a UK edition on the way. Hopefully it survives the trip from Waterstones

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks for the instructions. I am not very competent with technology unfortunately, I will give it a go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Got my UK Waterstones signed copy of Ready Player Two today. Looks good. Have no idea how to post pictures here sadly.
    There are two ways to post photos. Either upload the photo to a web site that hosts photos and link to the photo with the icon, or you can upload to the site server in the Gallery.

To upload to the site server: Click Gallery. From the upper right of the menu on top of the new page click Upload Photos. Click the Browse button. Navigate to the photo on your hard drive and select it. Repeat for each photo. Click Open. Wait for the photo[s] to upload. When it's complete you will be taken back to your gallery.

You have three picture posting options. You can post the thumbnail, the medium sized image below the thumbnail, or you can click on the medium sized image and another window will open with a full sized image. Right click the image you want. Select Copy Image Location, then click the button in the thread you want and paste the image location in the box. Click OK.

Thanks to Br!an for the original instructions.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I wonder if Sub Press will do a signed/limited of RP2, given that they did one of RP1 (which I've not been able to snag at a decent price...yet).

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I wonder if Sub Press will do a signed/limited of RP2, given that they did one of RP1 (which I've not been able to snag at a decent price...yet).
    I was wondering the same thing. Know its early but Anyone heard anything yet?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Apologies for the orientation of these. This is my first attempt at photo posting.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

I don't suppose anyone has a spare Waterstones signed RP1 and RP2 they'd like to sell? Thanks.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Ouch, this guy didn’t care for RP2 at all. It couldn’t possibly be this bad...right?

https://youtu.be/Z4rBzZ3nSaE

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

It’s getting not so great reviews. But I’ve stopped paying attention till I get to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Ouch, this guy didn’t care for RP2 at all. It couldn’t possibly be this bad...right?

https://youtu.be/Z4rBzZ3nSaE
    I wholly believe this book is going to be complete garbage.
    I found ARMADA to be as such, so am keeping my RP2 expectations in check, though I really did enjoy RP1 — a book that the above reviewer called “a fluke,” a one-hit wonder. Will be interested to hear the consensus here on RP2.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife and will start reading it soon - so I'll be interested in her take. I asked my son if he wanted to read that together next - we are finishing The Restaurant at the end of the galaxy - but he wants Hollowpox next (book 3 in a series we've been reading) - but I won't judge RP2 on his lack of desire to read it (he is 12) - so will weigh in some more once it is read
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

I thought Armada was pretty awful. Just started RP2.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

Believe the un-hype.
    RP1 was 5/5 and armada was 2/5 for me. I rate RP2 - 3/5 and I'm generous because I love part 1 and it's characters, BUT
    in general it's not so good. I wish it was not written.
    - too much woke/gender which was unnecessary and forced.
    - some of the quests were boring as hell (too much padding) and I knew all the references (so imagine someone who don't).
    - there were some nice plot points/directions.
    Overall it was semi-entertaining, but unnecessary sequel.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I’m about 30% in and disagree with the reviews that it’s awful. It’s a fun read. The main problems are that the narrative jumps back and forth between “present” and “past” to give exposition dumps, which destroys the pacing. And there’s a bit too much “wow, cool!” wealth/fame tech geek fantasy wish fulfillment going on. But the ideas are fun, I care about the characters, and I want to know what happens next. Good premise, execution lacking.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Just finished reading it. I would also give it 3/5. Too similar to RP1 for my liking but not a bad read.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone needs a signed US copy of RP2 let me know. I ended up with an extra.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    If anyone needs a signed US copy of RP2 let me know. I ended up with an extra.
    I am interested. How much?
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Ready Player One Rebind

Now this is pretty damn cool...
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Ready Player One Rebind

It really is!
    The work is being done by Rich Tong and Ludlow Bookbinders, the same people who bound Stardust for Lyra's Books (Rich Tong is Lyra's!). No doubt it will be amazing.
    Love the traycase.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah only 26... I got one for sure
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty cool !
    What is / was the price?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That's pretty cool !
    What is / was the price?
    I don’t know.. but I am
    Going to have a copy. I think this is brilliant. And the people
    Building his books are the folks behind Lyra. I think they gonna do real well.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The case is definitely cool, but why Pac-Man for the cover? Feels cheap to me; would rather have seen Joust, Dungeons and Dragons, or even Adventure if you went more with the movie. Was never a Pac-Man fan.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast