Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered them before the announcement was made. They usually post the books to the site and then they will announce a day or so later.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How much was it?
    $350
    The lettered was only $350! WOW....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's exactly like the S/L except with a leather binding and traycase.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

RPO Lettered now at $2125 on ebay. I will sell my copy for $2000 if someone wants it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

I think "wow" is the correct term for that auction. Mine is stuck in customs, but I'm eager to see it.

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I think "wow" is the correct term for that auction. Mine is stuck in customs, but I'm eager to see it.
    That was my auction, and I'm as surprised as anyone.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was me who helped you get it

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Thanks for bidding!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Thanks for bidding!
    Chris, I'm Shac ...

Ha! That makes more sense. Good luck with the sale.
    It looks like another lettered already sold for $2000!

Thanks for bidding!
    Chris, I'm Shac ...

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's become apparent that a few people are interested in commissioning a lettered-like case from Jeff. If we have enough interest and someone can make a design, we can cut down severely on costs.

Does anyone know what font is used?
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Moorcock Elric Deluxe S/N
    Altered Carbon Letter X
    Wandering Star Leather/Deluxe REH

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Martian Chronicles Lettered
    Ender's Game S/N

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    It's become apparent that a few people are interested in commissioning a lettered-like case from Jeff. If we have enough interest and someone can make a design, we can cut down severely on costs.

Does anyone know what font is used?
    Jeff only does Slipcases rather than Tray Cases. If you look one page back there is a case that I helped design that Jeff has on file. It matches the 1/1 script and can be done in the colors of your choice and will fit both the S/L and the 1/1. If there is another deign you want to make I say go for it. I love the different deigns people come up with, just wanted to make sure you knew there was one out there.

Oh and welcome to the boards!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Jeff only does Slipcases rather than Tray Cases. If you look one page back there is a case that I helped design that Jeff has on file. It matches the 1/1 script and can be done in the colors of your choice and will fit both the S/L and the 1/1. If there is another deign you want to make I say go for it. I love the different deigns people come up with, just wanted to make sure you knew there was one out there.

Oh and welcome to the boards!!

Hey, thanks

Yeah I know he does slipcases only and that's what I was looking into (my Martian case should arrive soon). I was just thinking that if I could find the font that's used on the S/N edition it could approximate the spine of the traycase - though I accept that trying to color match a chameleon finish case is pretty darn unlikely. Though you may have more insight on that issue.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of work went into this. It's not perfect but it's very, very close.

How many people would be interested in a slipcase? If we get enough people, it may even be feasible to start thinking about a stamp for the cover side as well.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of work went into this. It's not perfect but it's very, very close.

How many people would be interested in a slipcase? If we get enough people, it may even be feasible to start thinking about a stamp for the cover side as well.
    It looks pretty sweet, I'm in!
    And I think we should definitely add the top - do you know how much extra it would be?
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    And I think we should definitely add the top - do you know how much extra it would be?
    After talking to Jeff, the extra stamp may be a stretch at this juncture. Will let you know more as soon as I have something.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    After talking to Jeff, the extra stamp may be a stretch at this juncture. Will let you know more as soon as I have something.
    So a few tips I can give you about making these, everything has to be in 2-tone, so black and white only. The black will be the color of the foil the white will be the color of the case. Also the size, Jeff has a plate size limit of 5.25" x 8" if I remember correctly. I really like the design, glad to see other people interested in making awesome cases. You should look over in Calvin's Corner at the "aftermarket Slipcase" thread. There are some really cool slipcases over there that were designed by a member here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

So a few tips I can give you about making these, everything has to be in 2-tone, so black and white only. The black will be the color of the foil the white will be the color of the case. Also the size, Jeff has a plate size limit of 5.25" x 8" if I remember correctly. I really like the design, glad to see other people interested in making awesome cases. You should look over in Calvin's Corner at the "aftermarket Slipcase" thread. There are some really cool slipcases over there that were designed by a member here.
    Yes and upon further inspection of the lettered case there appears to be a stone-like dilapidation effect on the text rather than a spraypaint... which is what is on the actual book jacket itself. One might draw the conclusion that SP decided to go with the stone effect after realizing they wouldn't be able to reproduce the spraypaint on a stamp, same as I'm finding out now.

I'll check that thread out. In the meantime I'm trying my darnedest to figure out that filter they used for their stamp and I'm struggling.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Traveler Adam_Strange is on a distinguished road

They haven't announced it yet, but Easton Press is producing a signed, leatherback edition.

http://www.eastonpress.com/prod/92E/...Signed-Edition

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my copy in today. It's a nice production.

Country
    Country Flag

I should probably update this thread with the status of my (long completed) Jeff Whiley project for a different design of a RP1 slipcase.

I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Country
    Country Flag

Looks nice.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Looks nice.
    Thanks, Becca! I could not be more pleased with how they turned out.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Traveler Beeblebrox is on a distinguished road Beeblebrox's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which of the following do you prefer in your private collection:

1. RPO from Sub Press (numbered)
    2. RPO from Easton Press
    3. Both

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure myself. I actually had the opportunity to buy a lettered edition from SP when it was announced, but I had a stupid rule that I would not buy books which I had not read. Now that I've read it and loved it, I hate myself for not buying the lettered edition, but I'll settle for a numbered, which looks very nice.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Which of the following do you prefer in your private collection:

1. RPO from Sub Press (numbered)
    2. RPO from Easton Press
    3. Both

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure myself. I actually had the opportunity to buy a lettered edition from SP when it was announced, but I had a stupid rule that I would not buy books which I had not read. Now that I've read it and loved it, I hate myself for not buying the lettered edition, but I'll settle for a numbered, which looks very nice.
    First choice: Both
    Second choice: SP limited edition only
    Third choice: Easton edition only

I preordered the SP edition back before I read the book based solely on how much people here were saying how much they liked it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast