Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desperation (2006)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Desperation (2006)

Desperation IMDB

In the middle of the vast, empty Nevada desert stands the once proud mining town of Desperation -- A harmless, non-descript little community that one may briefly notice on a drive to some distant vacation destination. But something evil has taken over Desperation -- its' name is Tak -- and its mission is to eliminate anyone who gets close to stumbling upon its secret.

Desperation was published in 1996 at the same time as its "mirror" novel, The Regulators. The two novels represent parallel universes relative to one another, and most of the characters present in one novel's world also exist in the other novel's reality, albeit in different circumstances.

Originally intended as a two-part miniseries, Desperation aired in its three-hour entirety on May 23, 2006, on ABC.

Director: Mick Garris
    Screenplay by: Stephen King

Starring: Ron Perlman, Tom Skerritt, Steven Weber, Annabeth Gish, Shane Haboucha, Sammi Hanratty, Charles Durning, Matt Frewer, Henry Thomas, Kelly Overton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYeA9Ycxug
    Last edited by Heather19; 06-10-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

OMG!!! the book is great and the movie is too... the guy who plays Collie Entragian is really good even though i imagined him to be a little younger with a military crew cut thing but thats neither here nor there...

Traveler dogbert is on a distinguished road dogbert's Avatar

the book is awesome and I was sooo looking forward to the 'movie' (which is really another made for TV thing). I was kinda disappointed though, Ron Perlman was great as Collie but there was so much more violence in the novel (integral to the story and the ruthlessness of Tak) that got left out in favour of a generic TV audience. Just another reason for me to hate Mick Garris really If he had been given the Dark Tower novels to adapt, I think I might just have killed myself

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

never saw this.. kinda wanted to cause I like the book
    now if the regulators was made into a film I'd be camped outside the freakin theater lol
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    never saw this.. kinda wanted to cause I like the book
    now if the regulators was made into a film I'd be camped outside the freakin theater lol
    me too flagg, and the sad thing is it would probably be just me and you as no one would have heard of it

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

a faithful adaptation of the regulators would be the scariest film ever made
    tak makes pazuzu look like fuckin' casper
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I never got to see all of Desperation. Can anyone confirm that this image is from the end of the movie? It's being discussed at snopes right now.

I'm with everyone else on The Regulators. I really loved the way the dynamics of the neighborhood played out when under siege from an alien who can make the Sta-Puft marshmallow man attack if he wanted.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

I'm almost certain it's not from Desperation. That's Devil's Tower and it's located in Wyoming, near the border of South Dakota.

I haven't seen Desperation since it was on TV, but here's a link to watch the whole thing online. pretty good quality.

http://stagevu.com/video/lvibsjkhlsob

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Thanks, Mike!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

any time.

+ Reply to Thread