• National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)

10 40.00%
  • Back to the Future (1985)

10 40.00%
  • Clerks (1994)

5 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Octofinal 6 of 8

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Octofinal 6 of 8

For the Octofinals polls, please vote for one title to move on to the next round. The poll will be open for one week. The top title will be moving on to the Quarterfinals.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

National Lampoon's Vacation, although I really do love Clerks as well.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh shit. Three of my favorites up against each other?!
    Back to the Future is my all time favorite movie, and National Lampoon's is classic, but I had to go with Clerks on this one.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm surprised that Back to the Future is leading. I know we've had this discussion in the other threads, and while I enjoy the film I just don't see it as comedic at all.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Back To The Future is funny, but not enough I would vote for it here. Same with Clerks.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm surprised that Back to the Future is leading. I know we've had this discussion in the other threads, and while I enjoy the film I just don't see it as comedic at all.
    I'm with you. I think Back to the Future is very funny at times. It's one of my favorite films of all time and has been since I was a kid.

I've just never considered it pure comedy and that's what I've used this whole tournament as the rule of thumb for my voting.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll rescind my vote for Back to the Future.

The poll has closed. National Lampoon's Vacation moves on to the Quarterfinals, while Back to the Future and Clerks are eliminated.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

bullshit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'll rescind my vote for Back to the Future.

The poll has closed. National Lampoon's Vacation moves on to the Quarterfinals, while Back to the Future and Clerks are eliminated.
    Does this count since you officially rescinded your vote AFTER the poll was closed?

Country
    Country Flag

Sure.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But... in that case what's to stop people from going back and reversing their votes after all polls are closed?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of setting the time limit?

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me...

As much as I want Vacation and not Back to the Future to move on, I also agree. Why not have a tiebreaker like we have been doing?

Country
    Country Flag

A tiebreaker would unnecessarily delay things at this point and BTTF couldn't win it anyway.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A tiebreaker would unnecessarily delay things at this point and BTTF couldn't win it anyway.
    That is utter bullshit!!!

If you are so adamant that BTTF cannot win this tournament, then I will argue that National Lampoon's Vacation cannot win either...

After all, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is currently getting reamed a new asshole by Monty Python and the Holy Grail in the Quarter Final 1 poll, and this vacation film will almost certainly suffer the same fate, if it is paired against Monty Python...

That's a cold, hard FACT!!!!

Your suggestion makes me want to vote for BTTF to win the whole thing just out of fucking principle!!!

If you are going to manipulate the votes in order to put a specific film through to the next round, then this tournament will have no integrity!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    If you are going to manipulate the votes in order to put a specific film through to the next round, then this tournament will have no integrity!!!
    I voted for Back to the Future in this poll, but took my vote off. I believe I reserve that right as poll-runner in case of a tie, and anyway, this is just an unscientific poll for fun, way to take it too seriously.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're a horrible poll runner.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I voted for Back to the Future in this poll, but took my vote off. I believe I reserve that right as poll-runner in case of a tie, and anyway, this is just an unscientific poll for fun, way to take it too seriously.
    What do you mean it's just for fun?! We're not gonna submit the results to CNN when we're done?

But seriously, let's just play fair and make Clerks the winner even though it had half the votes that BTTF and National Lampoon's had. Eh eh? [wink wink nudge nudge]

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As long as we are rescinding votes, I want to rescind other people's votes so that Airplane! can advance to the next round!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't care either way, but I will say that Pablo has done a great job with this tournament.

That being said, Pablo, you must have forseen this kind of backlash.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread