Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I like the idea of a slow build up. I mean, the first time we saw Thanos he only smiled in the post credit scene. Then, I think it was the end of the first Avengers movie he actually spoke and said "fine, I will do it myself". But a slow build up
    is a great way to build the tension.

If it is Dr. Doom next as the big bad guy, that would have to mean that Fantastic 4 is coming sooner rather than later? And what about that villain that was hinted at when Wakanda was having earthquakes. Any thoughts on that? Or will
    that simply be a major villain for Black Panther.
    I think we'll be getting Fantastic Four before we get X-Men for sure. The Fantastic 4 is "Marvel's First Family" so to speak, and comic book wise Fantastic Four and Spider-man were the face of marvel for years. Having those rights back is a big win for Marvel, because it opens up a whole slew of space related villains and characters that were tied up in Fox rights. On top of that they've never really been done "right" in the movies. So it's Marvel's chance to really give them the treatment they deserve. They also don't have the saturation that the X-Men have in the movies. There's what 3 real F4 movies but there's been 12 X-Men related movies in the same amount of time.
    I have not read the comics. I watched F4 and the Silver Surfer sequel. Both were underwhelming. I did not see the reboot. I am hoping for a solid movie with a really strong version of the characters, including Dr. Doom who as I understand it is supposed to be really powerful but It did come through in the films that I saw. And expanding the space angle, like GOTG seems to be doing sound great to me. I am looking forward to the F4 being involved and seeing more of them.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I like the idea of a slow build up. I mean, the first time we saw Thanos he only smiled in the post credit scene. Then, I think it was the end of the first Avengers movie he actually spoke and said "fine, I will do it myself". But a slow build up

If it is Dr. Doom next as the big bad guy, that would have to mean that Fantastic 4 is coming sooner rather than later? And what about that villain that was hinted at when Wakanda was having earthquakes. Any thoughts on that? Or will
    I think we'll be getting Fantastic Four before we get X-Men for sure. The Fantastic 4 is "Marvel's First Family" so to speak, and comic book wise Fantastic Four and Spider-man were the face of marvel for years. Having those rights back is a big win for Marvel, because it opens up a whole slew of space related villains and characters that were tied up in Fox rights. On top of that they've never really been done "right" in the movies. So it's Marvel's chance to really give them the treatment they deserve. They also don't have the saturation that the X-Men have in the movies. There's what 3 real F4 movies but there's been 12 X-Men related movies in the same amount of time.
    I tend to kind of agree with you but I feel an X-man or X-woman would be an easier fit. It would be GREAT to finally get a WELL DONE Fantastic Four movie though.. the last one was atrocious.
    Yep. My thoughts aren't really to say that there won't be an individual character from the X franchise before we get F4, but that we'll get a F4 movie before we get an X-Men movie. To go with that I think we'll get Deadpool before either of those, and that's X-Men adjacent.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I have not read the comics. I watched F4 and the Silver Surfer sequel. Both were underwhelming. I did not see the reboot. I am hoping for a solid movie with a really strong version of the characters, including Dr. Doom who as I understand it is supposed to be really powerful but It did come through in the films that I saw. And expanding the space angle, like GOTG seems to be doing sound great to me. I am looking forward to the F4 being involved and seeing more of them.
    Doctor Doom isn't really powerful in the traditional sense. He's powerful in the way that Tony Stark is powerful, or at least that was my understanding of him in the comics. I was always under the impression that he never really had super powers, but was just extraordinarily intelligent / inventive.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Got you Dan. I was never a comic reader so I have to rely on the movies getting it right. That's why I may ask questions that may seem obvious to other people.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see Galactus built up slowly over multiple phases possibly to be the ultimate bad ass he should be. F4 should face Annihilus so they can introduce the Negative Zone and have Dr Doom be a multi film type villain to maximize his greatness.

My Mood
    Cool

They would have to bring in the silver suffer yes? Like they did in the second F4 movie.

They would have to bring in the silver suffer yes? Like they did in the second F4 movie.
    They don't have to. Silver Surfer was just the original herald of Galactus. They could skip him and use one of the later heralds.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Galactus has had many heralds but I think they would be foolish to not use Silver Surfer as he was the first and best imho.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the MCU is pivoting towards Dormammu being the next big cosmic threat of the MCU, don't think they have room for 2 all-encompassing world destroyers.

Someone on here said Dr. Doom? Fuck yeah. If anyone could carry a multi film arc as a big baddie it's definitely that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I think the MCU is pivoting towards Dormammu being the next big cosmic threat of the MCU, don't think they have room for 2 all-encompassing world destroyers.

Someone on here said Dr. Doom? Fuck yeah. If anyone could carry a multi film arc as a big baddie it's definitely that dude.
    Interesting. I hadn't heard any rumors about Dormammu.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. This became a full blown MCU discussion not an X-Men one. (Yes, I know they are linked.)

For what it is worth, I think we are going to get a lot of things like Rogue being Captain Marvel's villian before we get a full on X-Men movie. An obvious one that I haven't seen anyone mention would be to have a movie with Hulk where Wolverine shows up as the "villian." That way you have two main X-Men characters introduced just like they really were in the comics. Also, by having mutants be villainous for awhile you could build up the mutant hate that is such a big part of the comics and Fox movies. Right now there is no reason for that hatred to exist because there has been no sign of mutants and most of the superheroes the public has seen so far have been on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Wow. This became a full blow MCU discussion not an X-Men one. (Yes, I know they are linked.)

For what it is worth, I think we are going to get a lot of things like Rogue being Captain Marvel's villian before we get an full on X-Men movie. An obvious one that I haven't seen anyone mention would be to have a movie with Hulk where Wolverine shows up as the "villian." That way you have two main X-Men character's introduced just like they really were in the comics. Also, by having mutants be villainous for awhile you could build up the mutant hate that is such a big part of the comics and Fox movies. Right now there is no reason for that hatred to exist because there has been no sign of mutants and most of the superheros the public has seen so far have been on their side.
    That's not a bad idea, but unfortunately I don't think we will get a movie where Hulk is the main character any time soon, as I think that would mean Universal has to distribute the movie.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it would have to be something like Thor: Raganorok where Hulk plays a big part but isn't the "main" character.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. This became a full blown MCU discussion not an X-Men one. (Yes, I know they are linked.)
    This thread will probably be merged with the MCU thread in the near future.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread will probably be merged with the MCU thread in the near future.
    Yeah or we can just keep it as a record and move all discussion of X-Men to the MCU thread once The New Mutants is out, whenever that is. Since that is the final official Fox X-Men movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I like how New Mutants was available to preorder on Amazon for just a little while and then was removed. It's such a New Mutant kind of thing to happen. I can't stand not knowing when the hell this movie is going to be released (however it's going to be released.) At least the recently released, spoiler-filled pics were pretty cool looking.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cool

I need to watch it again but I think it was on Black Panthers planet, in IW or EG, there was that tremendous seismic event. I know it was a baddie, but I forget who. I don't know the level of this being but could this being be a big time bad guy, or just someone BP has to deal with.

My Mood
    Cool

I just read a little about that character. The summary said that he and Dr. Strange came to an agreement that he (Dormammu) would never return to earth. So, he is a bad guy so it is possible for him to break his word. Either way, I am hoping for a nice big time bad guy that will take a few films to build up to and then fight.

Country
    Country Flag

I need to watch it again but I think it was on Black Panthers planet, in IW or EG, there was that tremendous seismic event. I know it was a baddie, but I forget who. I don't know the level of this being but could this being be a big time bad guy, or just someone BP has to deal with.
    Black Panther is on the same planet as all of the other Avengers, they just used their technology to hide how successful they are. The event you are talking about was in Avengers: End Game and it was an underwater earthquake.

Most people have taken that to mean that they are going to introduce Namor, Marvel's Aquaman (though technically he was created 1st.) Namor is technically a mutant so he would be one of the first mutants used in the MCU. Also, in the comics there is a war between Wakanda and Namor's underwater kingdom. They are probably setting that up for a future movie.

My Mood
    Cool

Black Panther is on the same planet as all of the other Avengers, they just used their technology to hide how successful they are. The event you are talking about was in Avengers: End Game and it was an underwater earthquake.

Most people have taken that to mean that they are going to introduce Namor, Marvel's Aquaman (though technically he was created 1st.) Namor is technically a mutant so he would be one of the first mutants used in the MCU. Also, in the comics there is a war between Wakanda and Namor's underwater kingdom. They are probably setting that up for a future movie.
    Thanks for the clarification Rube. I appreciate it. As long as the quality is good, they can keep on making as many movies (MCU and if they chose to X-Men) as long as they like.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, at least there is a date for New Mutants, even if it is a crappy one.

Edit: This is in response to Mae's video posted above.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love love love to see MCU's take on Apocalypse. I don't think think what Fox did with him was terrible, but the potential that character has in Feige's hands would be something to behold.

Did anyone here read Jonathan Hickman's X-Men reboot from last year?

Country
    Country Flag

No, my comic reading days were mainly in the 90s (back when there were about seven X-Men related titles.) I did think about picking those up when I heard there was a "reboot" but it just didn't happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast