Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We all knew it was coming. Nice to get some confirmation though:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the blu-ray doesn't collect all of these nuggets it will be a tragedy:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default this post contains no big spoilers since even commercials show Kurt, aka Nightcrawler

Remember I was all like, "It's not that good" when DoFP was getting raves? Well, now Apocalypse is getting panned for being too convoluted. Uh, yeah, of course it is. Welcome to my vantage point.
    It's kind of hard to take satisfaction in a scene that shows you how Professor X lost his hair when you are unavoidably aware that it could not have happened the same way in the original timeline, (which was never depicted all the way through these parts of back history) isn't it? Fans jumped on board the "erase the weaker films" idea with a kind of mob mentality that seems to be pretty typical around pop theory, but Nightcrawler showing up in this new continuity to join them at a younger age proves that it grants no solid affirmation to the stronger past installments, either. Anybody else wonder how they could have defeated Apocalypse in the universe in which they did not meet Kurt before X2? Oh, not in so many words, major media film critics, but suddenly many of you do notice how it has gotten "confusing" ...? Well, how about that? Who could have guessed?
    And another thing that I have said for years which, lo and behold, is a common refrain finally here: It is fine for Wolverine to be the key protagonist, but you shouldn't obsess and underplay characters who are nearly as vital for defining the team as he is, such as -- I've specifically maintained all along -- the (now) notedly sidelined Storm. So maybe now my argument that "as bad as the treatment of the Cyclops / Xavier / Phoenix deaths in The Last Stand obviously were, it's still a bit disappointing that a Storm led follow up didn't happen" will get some respect as well. What's that, popular reviewers? You are in fact on the same page about the Professor's leadership dynamic getting a bit monotonous with so much made of Erik? Huh, shocking.
    Eh, at least the world is catching up.
    Yet I also feel at this point that I must emphasize there are still some true bright spots in this latest movie. After all, somebody has to stay tempered enough to be this time toward you folks like, "It's not all that bad."

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like they're combining the Old Man Logan and Messiah storylines, but replacing Cable with Wolverine.

Looks amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They give away too much in trailers now but damn I still want to see this.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My most anticipated movie of Q1 2017 ^

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Interesting. I didn't know they where working on a TV show other than Legion, which I actually saw the trailer for earlier today. I don't really know much about the character Legion, but the trailer looked interesting.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know they where working on a TV show other than Legion, which I actually saw the trailer for earlier today. I don't really know much about the character Legion, but the trailer looked interesting.
    Ah. Well, basically, he was a mentally ill illegitimate son of Professor X... it's a pretty safe bet that the show will actually be practically all different from the character in the comics.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the first episode of Legion. I enjoyed it. Pretty visual show. Main character David is likable. Hope it does well.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    My most anticipated movie of Q1 2017 ^
    There are other movies in Q1?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of reviewers are calling Logan the "Dark Knight of the X-Men franchise".

As if I needed to move my hype needle up even more.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Is anyone watching Legion on FX? I've been watching and boy is that one weird, awesome, messed up show. Really nothing to do with the X-Men universe as we know it, but still really cool. It has a really interesting visual style that I don't think I've seen anything quite like it on TV before.

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone watching Legion on FX? I've been watching and boy is that one weird, awesome, messed up show. Really nothing to do with the X-Men universe as we know it, but still really cool. It has a really interesting visual style that I don't think I've seen anything quite like it on TV before.
    Looking forward to starting it, there's a thread in Fedic Station.

I saw Logan last night. Definitely worth a watch. Honestly at times it barely even feels like a comic book movie.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Logan last night. Definitely worth a watch. Honestly at times it barely even feels like a comic book movie.
    Agree. Stands on its own really.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gonna watch it tonight at midnight

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast