Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015 Haven Auction #55-Stephen King SIGNED Desperation Gift-W/Don Maitz Original Art

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'd love to hear the back story to how these amazing editions came to be signed by King? Was it as simple as emailing his assistant with the request? Or was there a little more too it? Does anyone hear actually have direct access to the man himself? (I'm not asking for that access to be shared if so lol)

If any info is available it would be cool to hear...
    Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Someone got a real nice deal on this one! Jimmick. I believe I read on another thread that Don Maitz had a lot of influence to King's signature.
    There isn't much to tell. Don, is a huge fan and supporter of the HF. Based on last year, when, Don went to his house and got two books signed I asked him to go for broke this year on four. From what I can gather, Steve is a big fan of him as well perhaps, stemming from the fact that they both live in proximity on the Keys. He also seems to be an "A-Lister" with, King's assistants and a real nice guy. I may have egged him on, but it was all, Don from thereon in.

Perhaps, fingers crossed, we can make this an annual tradition, in addition to the grand prize. Next year I am thinking Duma Key, Desperation and The Talisman. Any ideas/suggestions? I have some thing really cool in mind for "The Talisman", but am not at liberty to say.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A CD copy of The Shining with original art would be mindblowing too, assuming it's out by then.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    A CD copy of The Shining with original art would be mindblowing too, assuming it's out by then.
    Not even close. 'Salem's Lot precedes The Shining, and it hasn't been shipped.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Not even close. 'Salem's Lot precedes The Shining, and it hasn't been shipped.
    Yeah true. And I think they've hit a couple snags (with slipcase makers I think), so it'll probably be delayed a bit too. Just wishful thinking

Goldmember Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about

I am very pleased that the remarques i have done in the Haven Fund Auction books have been so well supported. I am grateful that Stephen King and his staff have been so willing to take the effort to add a signature to the remarqued books and expedite them to the auction, as this allows the books such a welcome collectible and valuable added feature to an auction item. It is a greatkindness that King is willing to continue to support this cause personally. The entertainment industry and in publishing especially, dispensation for the independent contractors who are self employed does not exist when it comes to medical coverage, disability, or retirement funds. Many have honed skills over a lifetime, produce their creativity in solitude, and work their hearts out with the hope that someday they will catch the golden goose. Many work at the edge of financial viability. This fund is a lifesaver to those who provide so many with the benefit of their inspired works.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don, you have no idea how much it means to hear you say that!! Thank you for your very generous efforts.

You may want to post in this thread as well for the 2016 Haven Fundraiser.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rig-Maitz.-Art

Just a suggestion. Again, many thanks for all your support and good will!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2