Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Steven Erikson

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

I started with just two matching books with rights and built from there. I was able to get book two about three months into the process and I think s few months more I could have found book one. I've upgraded to a lettered set now which was my ultimate goal.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Anyone has an advise how to start Erikson SubPress collection? �� Matching or non matching #? Combination of lettered and numbered? What would you do today?
    The answer depends on one's wallet, I think.
    Plus how much of a completist you are.

Finding a complete matching set, either numbered or lettered, is very difficult.
    A lettered set just sold on eBay for close to $10,000.00.
    I haven't seen a numbered set in awhile, but if you go for a non-matching set, you should be able to manage.
    Books 1 and 2 are pretty expensive though.

Both my numbered and lettered sets are matching, but incomplete.
    Missing the numbered and lettered Gardens of the Moon, plus the lettered Deadhouse Gates as well.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fp3csu View Post
    I started with just two matching books with rights and built from there. I was able to get book two about three months into the process and I think s few months more I could have found book one. I've upgraded to a lettered set now which was my ultimate goal.
    So far what I can see available are various numbers books 3,4 or 5. I can't find any matching as of this moment. Lettered set would be my ultimate goal as well - just don't know the limit of my patience LOL - buying random numbers now or search for a more complete set. New preorders for # 6 are not allowing anyone without previous books yet there are not sold out. What if people that bought lettereds before now given up or sold them , when would Subpress release to public?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Anyone has an advise how to start Erikson SubPress collection? �� Matching or non matching #? Combination of lettered and numbered? What would you do today?
    The answer depends on one's wallet, I think.
    Plus how much of a completist you are.

Finding a complete matching set, either numbered or lettered, is very difficult.
    A lettered set just sold on eBay for close to $10,000.00.
    I haven't seen a numbered set in awhile, but if you go for a non-matching set, you should be able to manage.
    Books 1 and 2 are pretty expensive though.

Both my numbered and lettered sets are matching, but incomplete.
    Missing the numbered and lettered Gardens of the Moon, plus the lettered Deadhouse Gates as well.

sk
    Will you continue looking for matching lettered editions? Loved your photos of your books, stunning.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What if people that bought lettereds before now given up or sold them , when would Subpress release to public?
    The lettereds never last long.
    Come May 31st, if there are any left, they'll be gone in seconds.
    That's how I managed to buy the lettered Memories of Ice.
    I just happened to be there at the right moment.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you guys for your responses and incredible help!
    If anyone on this board has full numbered or lettered matching set for sale please PM me.

Country
    Country Flag

Before they go on Ebay....
    I know one day I'm going to regret this, but I am ready to sell my limited (numbered) Subterranean Press set. What are you going to get?

* a matching set of four books
    * rights to the remaining five books (meaning, you'll have a set of nine matching editions). I will notify SubPress that the number of this set is yours and you'll be all set to pre-order The Bonehunters (already up for pre-order, but only if you own MT.)
    * Deadhouse Gates - unread, in fine/fine condition
    *Memories of Ice - unread, in f/f condition
    *House of Chains - unread, f/f
    *Midnight Tides - unread, f/f

Books 1 (especially, and which I don't have) and 2 are getting very hard to find. Gardens of the Moon is selling for a small fortune, while Deadhouse Gates has also sold for $1500.00 plus.
    It isn't too hard to find a stand-alone (number wise) copy of some of the later books, like Midnight Tides, but as I said, this is a matching set. Some won't care about this, some will.

As I live in the Netherlands, shipping to the US won't be cheap, but rest assured the books will be carefully packed.

I would prefer selling to someone here, but if this doesn't work out, I'll have to go the eBay route.

Serious offers only, obviously.

Thanks for listening,

Siep

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

ym2000, as Siep said, definitely keep an eye out for any newsletters after the lettered Midnight Tides has shipped, as both Memories of Ice and House of Chains had leftover copies afterward.

Siep, good luck with those!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    ym2000, as Siep said, definitely keep an eye out for any newsletters after the lettered Midnight Tides has shipped, as both Memories of Ice and House of Chains had leftover copies afterward.

Thank you, I most definitely will.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!! No luck so far.
    Didn't think there would be too much interest here, but one never knows..

sk

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Those are excellent looking books, my wife would love to read these, thanks for posting!

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Numbered Gardens of the Moon just went on eBay for more than 2400......gotta be a new record.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fp3csu View Post
    Numbered Gardens of the Moon just went on eBay for more than 2400......gotta be a new record.
    I was following that auction....near the end, the price started to soar! And I was out....
    Book #3, Deadhouse Gates, is also rising in value quite a bit.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

There are non matching Gardens of the Moon and Deadhouse Gates on eBay at $2200 buy now:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/172202161546
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

There are non matching Gardens of the Moon and Deadhouse Gates on eBay at $2200 buy now:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/172202161546
    There were....

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Finally: the lettered Midnight Tides is here:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

These are the most gorgeous editions SubPress are publishing, imo.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah these are truly outstanding!

Country
    Country Flag

No doubt about it, Dan.
    I love the artwork -much nicer than the limited dj- plus the fact there's no lettering whatsoever.

sk

I have to agree, they look gorgeous! That dj especially is striking.

I also like how you've shelved them next to another fantastic author!

Country
    Country Flag

I also like how you've shelved them next to another fantastic author!
    Yes, Donaldson! Now just imagine: the lettered Erikson books side by side with Donaldson's lettered Covenant.
    Won't happen, as it seems Donaldson is not interested in such a series of his Covenant books whatsoever.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Yes, Donaldson! Now just imagine: the lettered Erikson books side by side with Donaldson's lettered Covenant.
    Won't happen, as it seems Donaldson is not interested in such a series of his Covenant books whatsoever.
    Damn, so the buck has stopped with Donaldson? That's a bummer. I'd crawl over broken glass to get limiteds of those books - and most of his other stuff, too (the 3 S/L of the Gap cycle do not (sufficiently) quench my thirst!)

Country
    Country Flag

A limited Gap series would be awesome.
    I'd even settle for the Mordant's Need set. Love those as well.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast