Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Robert E. Howard

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff! I never really collected any comics, graphic novels etc. but I read a lot of good stuff from friends. I'd almost forgotten about Richard Corben. Fantastic artist. Seeing this makes me want to go out and buy lots of things but alas, there's simply too much out there - the tought alone makes my head spin.

Keep posting!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ha! This is exactly how I felt 7 years ago when I started King collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Great stuff! I never really collected any comics, graphic novels etc. but I read a lot of good stuff from friends. I'd almost forgotten about Richard Corben. Fantastic artist. Seeing this makes me want to go out and buy lots of things but alas, there's simply too much out there - the tought alone makes my head spin.

Keep posting!
    Did someone say "Richard Corben"?

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Conan The Barbarian #1, Oct. 1970

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally found a good copy of the Lancer Conan the Wanderer! Finally, after all these years.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jim.
    I know how hat must feel.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Frik. I must have come across a dozen or so copies over the years, but none of them were in VG condition. Most of the Lancer/Ace Conan books are like that actually... Just beat to hell.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My favourite local book store came into a ton of Robert E. Howard books recently, so I've been boosting my collection with Grant editions over the last month or so. I already posted them over on the CD boards, but figured I might as well post them here too.

Ned Dameron's art blows me away.

Roy Krenkel's art is top notch too.

Country
    Country Flag

What a great find! Congrats Theli, they look great!
    I can't think of any other writers who's work has been blessed more than Burroughs and Howard by some of the worlds greatest illustrators.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got this in the mail today. 1/50 leatherbound and remarqued edition of Conan of Cimmeria Volume 3, with matching prelim sketch art portfolio.

A nice selection of colour and black and white art throughout. His style reminds me of Roy Krenkel a bit, and even Jeff Jones to a lesser degree.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow... Fantastic!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely amazing, Dan: congratulations!

sk

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who was the publisher on that? It is awesome!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked this up a short while ago, Volume 1 of the complete Conan Chronicles from Wandering Star press, illustrated and remarqued by Mark Schultz.

A nice colour frontispiece, with some great full page and smaller black & white art throughout

And the original remarque:

Now I just need to track down a copy of volume 2 remarqued by Gary Gianni!

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Theli! That's probably my favorite volume of all the Wandering Star Howard books. I've been a big Schultz fan since the Xenozoic Tales days.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Nice acquisitions! Those Wandering Star books are incredible. I have several and they are among the gems of my collection. Solomon Kane, for sure. Still looking for the Subpress Horror Stories, if anyone sees one for a reasonable price.

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Theli! Love those illustrations!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Nice acquisitions! Those Wandering Star books are incredible. I have several and they are among the gems of my collection. Solomon Kane, for sure. Still looking for the Subpress Horror Stories, if anyone sees one for a reasonable price.
    Not selling mine, but here's a pic to creative incentive for you to keep on looking...it's a beautiful volume. And I don't just say that because my favorite color is orange.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Not selling mine, but here's a pic to creative incentive for you to keep on looking...it's a beautiful volume. And I don't just say that because my favorite color is orange.

Ah, that IS gorgeous! Thanks for teasing- I mean- posting!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was finally able to track down Deluxe versions of all three Subterranean Press editions...

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely amazing my friend! They did a good job of matching the Wandering Star editions. I still need to complete my collection, but I'd like to continue with the remarqued route for my collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Absolutely amazing my friend! They did a good job of matching the Wandering Star editions. I still need to complete my collection, but I'd like to continue with the remarqued route for my collection.
    Thank you! One of my books is remarqued but not all. I also was able to get a matching number on Conan of the Crimmeria but they are not leatherbound. Prices of those are in the stratosphere!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I’m looking for WS Savage Tales of Solomon Kane leatherbound Edition.
    Very motivated cash buyer.
    Cheers!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Traveler Charaina9 is on a distinguished road

Hello. I think I initially posted this in the wrong thread, so apologies. I am looking for a copy of The Collected Poetry of Robert E. Howard, published by The REH Foundation Press in 2009. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast